Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
There aren't any in the Appleton to Green Bay area either (that I'm aware of). Pretty lowsy. And there's several hundred thousand people living in the area...

No idea what people from Milwaukee do if they drive up to Green Bay/Door County with an EV, other than hope they can make it back.
I live in Fox valley area and I can tell you that I honestly don’t know if I would have my MME (or any non Tesla) if I lived anywhere else in Wisconsin north of Milwaukee. Fox Valley works for me because I found that I can make it to a lot of places in WI and back fine.

Unfortunately, where I live is barely acceptable for door county travel. I can make it up there and back just barely… assuming I don’t visit a lot of places up there.

Oshkosh has a supercharger that I think will help when and if Tesla unlocks it for other brands. I personally think Green Bay needs an EA and then one in the Minocqua area. This is what I would consider the barebones of making it “do-able” in Wisconsin. Ideally, it would still need more than that.

when I was out looking to buy my car, I found a dealer who already had A used mme and said it was only being sold because the guy who owned it lived in Door County. The dude was using it to get to work which was in dodge county. That is one hell of a commute. Dude probably would have kept it if there was a dcfc somewhere in between.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BadgerGreg

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I live in Fox valley area and I can tell you that I honestly don’t know if I would have my MME (or any non Tesla) if I lived anywhere else in Wisconsin north of Milwaukee. Fox Valley works for me because I found that I can make it to a lot of places in WI and back fine.

Unfortunately, where I live is barely acceptable for door county travel. I can make it up there and back just barely… assuming I don’t visit a lot of places up there.

Oshkosh has a supercharger that I think will help when and if Tesla unlocks it for other brands. I personally think Green Bay needs an EA and then one in the Minocqua area. This is what I would consider the barebones of making it “do-able” in Wisconsin. Ideally, it would still need more than that.

when I was out looking to buy my car, I found a dealer who already had A used mme and said it was only being sold because the guy who owned it lived in Door County. The dude was using it to get to work which was in dodge county. That is one hell of a commute. Dude probably would have kept it if there was a dcfc somewhere in between.
Yes! I have family in northern Wisconsin and I agree that the current charging network there needs a lot of work before non-Teslas will be viable there. Put DCFC in Wausau and Green Bay and you’ll all be in business. I hope that happens soon.

AaronTV

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD, 2022 Mach 1, 2022 GTI
Country flag

Exactly. I live in Appleton and my wife likes to visit Door County. That looks pretty iffy. We like to vacation in the Minocqua area in summer. That seems impossible without a fast charger at least in Wausau. Ideally, there needs to be options for all the vacationers IN the Minocqua area, though, so we can, ya know, do stuff while up there hehe.

Pibbman

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Exactly. I live in Appleton and my wife likes to visit Door County. That looks pretty iffy. We like to vacation in the Minocqua area in summer. That seems impossible without a fast charger at least in Wausau. Ideally, there needs to be options for all the vacationers IN the Minocqua area, though, so we can, ya know, do stuff while up there hehe.
yup and unfortunately looking at the upcoming EA plan it seems like nothing will change between now and 2025.

im hoping that Midwest states partnership announced the other week might change things

Cjpayne

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Mach E GT. 69 Mustang Convertible, 15 MKX
Occupation
General Manager in manufacturing
Country flag
I love my new GTPE MME, but also have a '68 289 Mustang convertible to fill the need of wind in the hair, smell of gas and a nice rumble.
I will always have my ‘69 351w Mustang ‘ vert. Well, at least until I can not get or afford gas! Electric conversion?

Cjpayne

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Mach E GT. 69 Mustang Convertible, 15 MKX
Occupation
General Manager in manufacturing
Country flag

when I was out looking to buy my car, I found a dealer who already had A used mme and said it was only being sold because the guy who owned it lived in Door County. The dude was using it to get to work which was in dodge county. That is one hell of a commute. Dude probably would have kept it if there was a dcfc somewhere in between.https://www.wfyi.org/news/articles/midwest-states-to-collaborate-on-electric-vehicle-charging-network
Wisconsin is part of this alliance.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Red-E is setting up many locations in the UP. See: https://www.redecharge.com/
I know the guy that set up the locations on Plugshare but......when someone calls these locations, the site locations claim to know nothing about any future ev charger installations. Sounds like they are awaiting potential approval of grant funds from the Michigan government before any real work starts.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wisconsin has yet to spend any of the VW settlement funds on EV car chargers. The current governor has not moved towards this despite a 2018 plan that would had put dcfc in the state.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Minocqua area.----Green Bay, Wausau and then a horizontal line across the state- Hayward-Fifield-Minocqua-Eagle River/Three Lakes would make BEV travel northward into Wisconsin and the UP of Michigan stress free. There is a new DCFC at Bayfield Courthouse and a DCFC installed by found to be missing a few parts (should be up and running this week) in tiny Claim Lake (10 miles east of Cable). These two have been installed in the last two months. Ashland and Superior should also have installations.