EA chargers in Eastern WA and OR.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Anybody else notice the Electrify America stations in Ellensburg, Yakima, Hermiston, etc are struggling with their reliability?

I've seen recent reports showing all four stalls being down at Hermiston. I realize that the charging network today is the worst it'll be but man, we really need additional charging options.
Sponsored

OlyPen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium Extended
Country flag
Anybody else notice the Electrify America stations in Ellensburg, Yakima, Hermiston, etc are struggling with their reliability?

I've seen recent reports showing all four stalls being down at Hermiston. I realize that the charging network today is the worst it'll be but man, we really need additional charging options.
Could be worse ... There are *no* fast chargers in North Idaho.

ebeponyan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag

At least on Saturday, the EA sites at Hermiston, Yakima and Ellensburg were all down to a single working station. We powered through from Huntington, OR to the free 50kW Shell charger in Kennewick, but the situation at Ellensburg was pretty dire with cars lining up and chargers flaking out.

Sobmartin

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Prius Prime
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

The EA chargers at the Safeway in Leavenworth are working just fine. However you can charge for free at the Big-Y park and ride.

Pangea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 VW CC, 2022 Mach E Rte 1- ordered
Country flag
Yikes, I'm bummed the Ellensburg chargers aren't dependable. I live in N. ID and will need to travel to Seattle several times a year... Was kind of counting on them!

OP
OP
silverelan

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Yikes, I'm bummed the Ellensburg chargers aren't dependable. I live in N. ID and will need to travel to Seattle several times a year... Was kind of counting on them!
Washington is surprisingly behind on DCFC infrastructure compared to Oregon, California, or even Utah. Hell, even Montana has released some bold plans on site locations with forthcoming installs.

With something like $70M coming to WA soon for infrastructure, I'd expect to see some good plans come out and major new installations along the designated corridors.

Deleted member 9461

We got a EA charger in Kitsap county, we all circled it like a cult and worshipped for a bit...
Anyone have issues with the Spokane area chargers?
That Ellensburg/Taco bell is nerve wracking, we were heading west, had a trailer, pulled it off across the street to fit, and a Bolt driver said only 1 working, checked, called, limed to Cle Elum to make over the pass.
A month later, driving west, stopped at Ellensburg, all EA chargers are working, voodoo man, voodoo

Darckangel21

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E premium AWD
Country flag
The EA chargers at the Safeway in Leavenworth are working just fine. However you can charge for free at the Big-Y park and ride.
Ritzville has EA and one at the Gas station. all worked. met multiple Lightning trucks. we drive a 2021 MME Premium AWD Extended. we've done the Taco Bell EA Chargers both direction between Seattle and Spokane.

RKinWA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE AWD Space White Metallic
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

Just this last weekend I drove over from Seattle to Yakima. I charged at the EA at Walmart in Yakima and sustained 136kW for a while then dropped to 104kW. On the way back I stopped at North Bend and only got 88kW. I had planned on stopping in Ellensburg but didn't need to.

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag

Try tesla app to find superchargers that work. EA 2 STILL down in ellensburg. It has only been over a year that 2 are down. Closed them to fix and add new style chargers. After repairs? Still 2 not working. All 4 at cow creek mercantile work. Think EA is doomed. Thier reliability is 100% unreliable. Last whine. It is not a "successful" charge if you had to wait 1 hour because 2 chargers are down. At least note it when using app at charger. (Plugs hare, etc)

OP
OP
silverelan

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Try tesla app to find superchargers that work. EA 2 STILL down in ellensburg. It has only been over a year that 2 are down. Closed them to fix and add new style chargers. After repairs? Still 2 not working. All 4 at cow creek mercantile work. Think EA is doomed. Thier reliability is 100% unreliable. Last whine. It is not a "successful" charge if you had to wait 1 hour because 2 chargers are down. At least note it when using app at charger. (Plugs hare, etc)
I’ve had to wait on a charge at Ellensburg once or twice, it sucks. I’ve even taken a look at the jam there and just continued on to EA Yakima (I never drive to Spokane) so I’m just stuck waiting for either our adapters so we can use the Ellensburg V3 and/or Magic Dock to show up for Yakima’s TWO Tesla V3 stations.

Thankfully, a bunch of other chargers have started showing up in Yakima including a pair of 62.5kW Chargepoint CPE250s at Starbucks and a new 4-stall 150kW station nearly open at the Hilton.
Sponsored