TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes, which is why many are actually at Walmarts and Targets right off of interstates. Those often have at least fast food within a short walk of the chargers. Well, at least where I've looked along the eastern seaboard.
Same here. Not sure about Targets as much, but Walmarts usually have a Subway or McDonald's inside.
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
LOL so I have I. (Was trying to find the humor in finding a very "remote" spot in the UP....)

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
There needs to be a 350kW DCFC right here ;) .
We drove up there to Copper Harbor last summer! We also went down that dirt road (behind the blue vehicle in the image). We went several miles back through some roads I would not take the MME. That surely is a remote spot.

9A8E821F-4304-4A5A-BDFC-0AF58F81D278.jpeg

851B0352-74FF-475E-A820-3A64D536F202.jpeg

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Country flag
We drove up there to Copper Harbor last summer! We also went down that dirt road (behind the blue vehicle in the image). We went several miles back through some roads I would not take the MME. That surely is a remote spot.
LOL we just had the Bolt down a questionable road this week near Cadillac, MI.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Electrify America kWh Pricing Announced DSC_0062

Ford Mustang Mach-E Electrify America kWh Pricing Announced DSC_0063

Of course the view once we got there was a bit better, however....
Ford Mustang Mach-E Electrify America kWh Pricing Announced DSC_0041

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I don’t need to eat or shop or browse every 100 miles. I’d rather stop for ten minutes and go, or look at a tree. Eventually there will be chargers at both.
Some older people (not me) have to stop every hour while traveling. Those folks would also see a benefit DCFC on the side of the road (basically) with a bathroom and a place to walk their dogs.

Glad you like Walmart, we need to start a thread about things we saw at Walmart while charging. No copied Redit pix.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’d rather stop for ten minutes and go
I'd rather refuel in only 10 minutes too. But I'm gonna have to take an ICE vehicle to do that, unless I plan to stop every 40-50 miles. The MME only adds 47 miles in 10 minutes (61 if you do it near empty). Cut those numbers down even more if driving interstate speeds.

While there's always exceptions, I don't think many people would be happy stopping every 40-50 miles on a lengthy trip. But for a short trip (like <300 miles) that only needs one small refuel boost, sure.

It depends a lot on how far the drive is (each day). The longer it is, the more that refueling time adds up, which either means a lot of short stops, or some long stops.

I'd actually prefer they be in the parking lot of a Freddy's, or an Arby's, or a Chili's more than Walmart, but they all help pass time with double-duty.

Last edited:

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Talk to me in 3 weeks about how many miles you get from a ten minute charging session. I don’t need to spell it out again.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Glad you like Walmart, we need to start a thread about things we saw at Walmart while charging. No copied Redit pix.
I flew international for 32 years. I was always taken aback when on a layover somewhere, anywhere (Taipei, Seoul, Penang etc), a bunch of fellow crewmembers would suggest we all go to ... Costco. The reason? "They're all different. I want to see what they have that I can't get in Peoria." No, thanks. There's a Buddhist (or Shinto or) temple and grounds about 1/2 a mile away. I'll be there.

I pretty much look at passing time in Target or Walmart along I-whatever while charging the same way. Just no.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Talk to me in 3 weeks about how many miles you get from a ten minute charging session. I don’t need to spell it out again.
I'm not sure what this means. Are you saying you think Ford's stated numbers for charging in 10 minutes are way off?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I'm not sure what this means. Are you saying you think Ford's stated numbers for charging in 10 minutes are way off?
Everyone is going to have different tolerances to charging. For some, they want ICE convenience. Sorry, that's not happening anytime soon. For others, they'll force the quick recharge by stopping every 75 miles at the EA rechargers on I-5. For me, my back and rearend will tell me when it's time to stop. Then it's 30 minutes and gone hopefully.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Country flag
Aren't we repeating ourselves here? How many times are we going to have the "discussion" about wether or not the Mach-E's rate of fast charging is enough for everyone? (or even the general state of "fast charging" for all EV's?)

For some people: Yes its plenty fast to make that long road trip.

For other people: No 30-60 minutes is unacceptable and they would rather take an ICE.

For even other people: they simply don't know until they try it. (They may initially be against it then realize it isn't that bad? or they may determine that they really are that impatient and can't wait...)

How many threads on here is the above basic argument going to be rehashed again and again and again??? (I know what the answer is: Until we hit 1000 posts in this thread too!)

911 to go....
Sponsored