Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Sorry if I missed it, but I didn't find anything new in search. Long ago we talked on here about Pass+ and Plug and Charge. Did anyone ever get any answers out of Ford? It seems like a giant oversight in the long run if you can't link a Pass+ membership to Plug and Charge. Maybe it was sorted and I just missed it a while ago. Thanks!
Sponsored

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Sorry if I missed it, but I didn't find anything new in search. Long ago we talked on here about Pass+ and Plug and Charge. Did anyone ever get any answers out of Ford? It seems like a giant oversight in the long run if you can't link a Pass+ membership to Plug and Charge. Maybe it was sorted and I just missed it a while ago. Thanks!
They plan on offering a service on the Blue Oval Charging network. I think it was $50 a year, and gives you Pass+ pricing with P&C. You can't do it month-to-month like you can through EA though.

And I don't know that its live yet as I haven't seen anything about it in my account yet.

Cherlin

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Focus RS , Premium EX4, 22' M3 SR+, R1T Order
Occupation
Electric Utilities - Management
Country flag
I have got nothing from ford, Supposedly we should be able to by additional charging bundles at a discount according to their support, but that doesn't seem to be a thing. It's stupid that I have to disable p&c just so I don't have to overpay for charging though, I really want ford to fix this because we use l3 charging a lot in our car.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
You don't have to disable Plug and Charge...

Open EA app.
Pick charger and swipe.
Plug in when app says to.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I have got nothing from ford, Supposedly we should be able to by additional charging bundles at a discount according to their support, but that doesn't seem to be a thing. It's stupid that I have to disable p&c just so I don't have to overpay for charging though, I really want ford to fix this because we use l3 charging a lot in our car.
yeah the Pass thing is something that Ford is aware of for sure - I've talked to an employee with direct knowledge.

I also pointed out to them that $50 > $48 which... yeah. ?

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
You don't have to disable Plug and Charge...

Open EA app.
Pick charger and swipe.
Plug in when app says to.
Question: Do you need to remove the Ford Pass Charging Network from Connected Services first?

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Question: Do you need to remove the Ford Pass Charging Network from Connected Services first?
No. Activating the charger in the EA app, bypasses the whole P&C part of the handshake when you plug in.

Cherlin

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Focus RS , Premium EX4, 22' M3 SR+, R1T Order
Occupation
Electric Utilities - Management
Country flag
No. Activating the charger in the EA app, bypasses the whole P&C part of the handshake when you plug in.
This does not work on newer chargers. I use to do this, but on all the new stations near me it has been failing or causing the charger to go non responsive, or just billing me through plug and charge and not pass +.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
This does not work on newer chargers. I use to do this, but on all the new stations near me it has been failing or causing the charger to go non responsive, or just billing me through plug and charge and not pass +.
I've never had it not work on all types of EA's stations. Once you activate it in the App and the station actually says its ready, the whole authorization process is bypassed and the session started using your EA account, and not your FP account.

I can see it maybe not working if you plug in before the station is fully activated from the app though. You definitely have to activate on the app, and wait for the station to show your account and then you can plug in.

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
FYI I just used the EA app for the first time, it was great paying $0.31/kWh vs. $0.43 through Ford Pass. Makes the $4 a month fee disappear quickly.

Once I figured out to swipe UP when I was at the charger to select the one I wanted to use, all else was completely intuitive and easy.

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
I just made a road trip for a month and used several different EA chargers. They all worked through the app by selecting and swiping before plugging in.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Note that swiping is different on Android. You swipe right on the charger. Sort of like a dating app I hear.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
This is how it looks on android, You get to a site, and select it, you'll see all available spots:

Ford Mustang Mach-E EA Pass+ Screenshot_20211104-150832_Electrify America

You then choose which station you are at, and the next screen gives you the option to "Slide" to activate the station. (It shows "Directions" currently because I'm not actually at the station so it won't let me start it)

Ford Mustang Mach-E EA Pass+ Screenshot_20211104-150905_Electrify America

MachEGTPilot

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F350 DRW, 2020 Escape Hybrid, 2021 MachE GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
FYI I just used the EA app for the first time, it was great paying $0.31/kWh vs. $0.43 through Ford Pass. Makes the $4 a month fee disappear quickly.

Once I figured out to swipe UP when I was at the charger to select the one I wanted to use, all else was completely intuitive and easy.
What happens if you swipe LEFT?
Sponsored