Early Access Survey - Review our updates and keep participating - YIKES!

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
All set with the new Ts&Cs and ready for the new super-secret remote frunk release beta software 😀😀😀
Sponsored

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD Tech/Comfort
Occupation
Cyber Security, First Responder
Country flag
The new terms say you are only allowed to reach out to Early Access with any issues. And specifically not allowed to post on social media or public forums about issues with an Early Access feature.

😬

It's not clear to me when I've received an OTA whether that was because I am in Early Access, OR was it just a normal scheduled update for my vehicle?

I enjoyed this comment too in the terms....... however I have zero clue how to give feedback to EA nor have any idea how to report bugs and such.

You know what would be cool? Like a forums or something with Ford Engineers that help out, provide feedback, and have active dialogue with their customers who are willing to be their guinea pigs for free ;-)

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
You probably missed this is the T&C also:

Should you divulge any of our secrets, we will disable your car and make you beg to have us reactivate it. And, worse, you will NEVER get a frunk button.
No FRUNK BUTTON!?!?!? NOOOOOOO!!!!! Not the FRUNK BUTTON!!!!! I’ll give Ford my 5 seconds first!
(For those who don’t get it - it’s impossible for the “5 second rule” to apply to cars without a frunk button. I’ll leave it as an exercise to the student to prove why this is the case 😀)

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I enjoyed this comment too in the terms....... however I have zero clue how to give feedback to EA nor have any idea how to report bugs and such.

You know what would be cool? Like a forums or something with Ford Engineers that help out, provide feedback, and have active dialogue with their customers who are willing to be their guinea pigs for free ;-)
Hot Tip:

Log in to the Ford EA site - Click on "My Account" in the top right - then click "Contact Us". You'll then see an e-mail address that can be very helpful for reporting issues/getting help/etc/etc.

Your forum idea is nice though.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

Um, you do realize that, unlike us, Ford engineers have day jobs and can’t while away their time cruising the internet and responding to random dudes sitting in their mom’s basement whining about the lack of frunk buttons in their cars?
I’m pretty sure that they do reach out to customers for input as frequently as they can. They’re not all Steve Jobs 😀

OP
OP
RickMachE

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Hot Tip:

Log in to the Ford EA site - Click on "My Account" in the top right - then click "Contact Us". You'll then see an e-mail address that can be very helpful for reporting issues/getting help/etc/etc.

Your forum idea is nice though.
That address is currently bouncing emails.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
That address is currently bouncing emails.
Gotcha. I've had great success using it in the past for various issues, maybe it "leaked" and they shut it down.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Um, you do realize that, unlike us, Ford engineers have day jobs and can’t while away their time cruising the internet and responding to random dudes sitting in their mom’s basement whining about the lack of frunk buttons in their cars?
I’m pretty sure that they do reach out to customers for input as frequently as they can. They’re not all Steve Jobs 😀
Ford Mustang Mach-E Early Access Survey - Review our updates and keep participating - YIKES! homer-simpson-bush-

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Anyone else do a live interview with EA? Lots of NDA, so I cant say much, but was great, one on one, they asked questions, but then we also just talked about general tech, I gave ideas and they were very frank about it all. Was a really nice experience.

OP
OP
RickMachE

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Anyone else do a live interview with EA? Lots of NDA, so I cant say much, but was great, one on one, they asked questions, but then we also just talked about general tech, I gave ideas and they were very frank about it all. Was a really nice experience.
An assassin has been dispatched.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Me, too. Done a few of them, including this morning. They ask good questions. WAY better than the surveys they email out.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
The new terms say you are only allowed to reach out to Early Access with any issues. And specifically not allowed to post on social media or public forums about issues with an Early Access feature.

😬
I thought you were joking. You weren't joking. I get it, conceptually, but (1) Ford ought to give all EA members an easier way to submit bug reports in-vehicle, as they happen, and (2) beta testing isn't typically at an NDA-stage.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag

😬

It's not clear to me when I've received an OTA whether that was because I am in Early Access, OR was it just a normal scheduled update for my vehicle?
I'm ok with this. It's BS to sign up for beta software and then complain on social media when there's a bug or typo in the release notes.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I've attempted to get into Early Access for an entire year to only still be Waitlisted so I guess I don't have to worry about giving up any of their secrets lol
Sponsored