[EDIT: Frustrated no more] Frustration in Houston

kevC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E AWD Preimum Carbon Gray
Country flag
Last week I flooded my car (BMW M340i) and totaled it and have been looking into the MachE's as replacement. I obviously need a car right away so ordering is not an option so I've been looking at the ones on the lots around Houston. I've been frustrated by a few things: 1) every dealership seems to be listing it at MSRP but then later saying it's priced above MSRP, I understand the market we're in and could be willing to pay above MSRP but I don't like how it's always a surprise at the end after a long conversation. 2) They don't make it obvious that what they're trying to sell is a demo vehicle and thus not qualify for the tax credit. 3) The general lack of inventory.

Not sure what to do but I guess I just wanted to vent. I'm really digging this car but I don't know if I'll be able to own one given the market and my timing :(
Sponsored

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Last week I flooded my car (BMW M340i) and totaled it and have been looking into the MachE's as replacement. I obviously need a car right away so ordering is not an option so I've been looking at the ones on the lots around Houston. I've been frustrated by a few things: 1) every dealership seems to be listing it at MSRP but then later saying it's priced above MSRP, I understand the market we're in and could be willing to pay above MSRP but I don't like how it's always a surprise at the end after a long conversation. 2) They don't make it obvious that what they're trying to sell is a demo vehicle and thus not qualify for the tax credit. 3) The general lack of inventory.

Not sure what to do but I guess I just wanted to vent. I'm really digging this car but I don't know if I'll be able to own one given the market and my timing :(
Demos do qualify for the federal tax credit as long as they have not been titled. If the demo has been titled then Ford is providing a rebate equal to the tax credit amount to compensate for that issue. Either way that's not a problem.

OP
OP
kevC

kevC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Demos do qualify for the federal tax credit as long as they have not been titled. If the demo has been titled then Ford is providing a rebate equal to the tax credit amount to compensate for that issue. Either way that's not a problem.
Interesting I did not know this. The problem is none of the salesmen know what the hell they're doing either and have been either clueless or intentionally vague at every step. It's very frustrating.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Use X-Plan and pay just about invoice, if a dealer will accept it. They can't not accept it on a Mach-E and then take it on other vehicles without Ford being very annoyed.

OP
OP
kevC

kevC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Use X-Plan and pay just about invoice, if a dealer will accept it. They can't not accept it on a Mach-E and then take it on other vehicles without Ford being very annoyed.
I've never heard of this and just looked at it. I'm pretty sure I don't work for a company that qualifies for it unfortunately. I work for a very small hedge fund.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I've never heard of this and just looked at it. I'm pretty sure I don't work for a company that qualifies for it unfortunately. I work for a very small hedge fund.
Ford's X-Plan is available through many companies and organizations including some alumni associations, and some groups like the EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association), which costs $40 (sometimes discounted). Double check before joining that there is no waiting period for the X-Plan benefit, another organization added a waiting period recently. https://www.eaa.org/shop/Membership/Join.aspx

AjzRide

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR 2021 MME Premium RWD
Occupation
Eng
Country flag
Ford will not allow them to advertise the ADM, that is why you are always getting surprised with it. I was very angry at the same thing until I learned the mechanics behind it.

I've reached out to a few guys who helped me find mine and I'll let you know if I hear back.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Seems the only protection we have is simply not to pay ADM and be willing to walk away.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Seems the only protection we have is simply not to pay ADM and be willing to walk away.
Protection? From the villain who's doing you no harm but offering you an item for sale?

I quibble with your terminology, but agree with your point. Buy or don't buy.

OP
OP
kevC

kevC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ford will not allow them to advertise the ADM, that is why you are always getting surprised with it. I was very angry at the same thing until I learned the mechanics behind it.

I've reached out to a few guys who helped me find mine and I'll let you know if I hear back.
Thank you!

Thank you all for the great info, I'll keep trying!

ericNdfw

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ericsmalling.com
Vehicles
`21 MME Prem 4X w/GTPE wheels,`22 Hyundai Palisade
Occupation
Solutions Architect (software)
Country flag
DM @mrlevine on Twitter and his team can help you secure an MME from a dealer that won't charge ADM. (They helped me after Grapevine Ford played games with me)

OP
OP
kevC

kevC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Another frustrating trip I just came back from. I took some time off work to go to Russell and Smith Ford dealership which is about 30 minute drive from work. The internet salesman "Luke" I talked to assured me I can come in a put a deposit down, I get there and I learn that this "Luke" doesn't even actually work there and is some concierge person. The dealership was very surprised I was there and it turns out the ones I have been looking at have been long been spoken for. What a waste of freaking time.

OP
OP
kevC

kevC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
DM @mrlevine on Twitter and his team can help you secure an MME from a dealer that won't charge ADM. (They helped me after Grapevine Ford played games with me)
Looks like he has his DM's closed. :/