Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I find these comparisons hilarious. What's the fastest station wagon you can buy?
Sponsored

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Land Rover Discovery, F-150 Lightnin
Country flag
So the GTPE brakes better, rides better, handles better, built better, looks better and has more range.

The MYP can accelerate for more than 5 seconds so it wins the comparison??

Hmm… I do want more than 5 seconds but still.
You have to take these reviews with a grain of salt, fanboys spend a lot of time on YT and are the viewership base for these "reviewers". Nobody wants their fury. DeMuro took a similar approach and it was clear that the MME was the overall winner but he had to be kind to the Tesla.

Charging is overwhelming done at home and drivers rarely accelerate for 5s on full power, but reviewers will continue to use these two things to moderate their preference for the MME. Remember when the top reason to choose a Tesla was "but it has longer range".

Agree with all the comments here though, we can't be nice to Ford until they unleash the beast!

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Land Rover Discovery, F-150 Lightnin
Country flag
...forgot to ask, does the review even have the correct price for the MY? I can't keep up with Tesla price increases. Up ~$10k in price over the past year.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
So the GTPE brakes better, rides better, handles better, built better, looks better and has more range.

The MYP can accelerate for more than 5 seconds so it wins the comparison??

Hmm… I do want more than 5 seconds but still.
98E0649E-2C55-4428-9491-135D15B8792A.png
It's quite amazing that the GTPE is better in every way to the MYP but for the 5 second Performance part so therefore it's unworthy.

Edmunds doesn't like the performance aspect being compromised so severely and this is how they're letting Ford know.

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
Although I have an order on a GTP. I just gotta say, this car is a CUV and some people call it a station wagon. If you are looking for more than a five second nitrous like blast you need to talk to mister Porsche. Then that problem would be all fixed.

The Premium has enough acceleration for me. I want the GTP for the Magnaride for improved ride and handling. You can't get that on the Y. The bigger brakes for shorter stopping distance is nice too and the seats are better.

One interesting point to me was that the E beat the Y on range, all though the Tesla spec says otherwise. Another issue is charge time, but I think the E will charge quick enough.

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
...forgot to ask, does the review even have the correct price for the MY? I can't keep up with Tesla price increases. Up ~$10k in price over the past year.
Tesla has done several price increases, one of them being in the last day or so. Looks to me like they are pretty sure they will get their federal incentive back.

MachE1977

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Tesla Model 3/ 2020 Mazda Miata Club
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It's as simple as adding another driving mode to the GT. Put a disclaimer and call it a day. It's not that hard.

OP
OP
Rabidsquirrel22

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
No.... they used the price they paid for their car last year and didn't mention the current prices. A bit dishonest imo.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
MYP had barely any price increases. It's around $62-63K? It's a weird trim that few order. It doesn't have track mode. The only reason people order it is because the wait time is 2 months instead of 8-10 months. Tesla is making premium upcharging for the wheels and suspension.

The Long Range trim has increased $10K in year... heck $4K alone since I picked up a demo MYLR 4 weeks ago. I might receive a check when I trade my MYLR for Mach-E AWD Premium. Crazy times.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I don't think the people ripping their GTs care too much about an 8 year warranty. Lower the warranty number and make the car an actual Mustang GT.

pull the Frunk plastic out, add a cO2 or Nitrogen spray on the battery lines and CHILL those babies down when you need to for a couple extra seconds at full throttle.

...can't believe none of the Dragies haven't tried this yet. I'm picturing something like a Nitrous boost button on an ICE.... but connected to a fire extinguisher chiller cooling the battery circ lines...

how COOOOOOOL would it be to hit the 'chill' button, sound like a rocket, have CO2 rolling out from under the car, and get 10 seconds at full power!

;)

Last edited:

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Tesla has done several price increases, one of them being in the last day or so. Looks to me like they are pretty sure they will get their federal incentive back.
The EV portion of the bill will get cut when they have a final cost estimate. Unlimited/uncapped EVs for 10 years? That's $100B at least there when they include PHEV like RAV4 Primes which will sell 500K units a year easily when production allows. $7.5B/yr to Elon-boy alone since they make almost 1M Teslas a year and with Austin running that will double.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
The Premium has enough acceleration for me. I want the GTP for the Magnaride for improved ride and handling. You can't get that on the Y. The bigger brakes for shorter stopping distance is nice too and the seats are better.
I feel like my FE had more power at speed than the GT does. So you might be prepared for that.

At 70mph, the FE would still throw you back in the seat every time if you hit the accelerator. The GT doesn't do that if you've been driving at 70.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
I find these comparisons hilarious. What's the fastest station wagon you can buy?
I don't know what you're trying to say here, considering speedy station wagons are very desirable in the car community. Utility without the height.

Maybe you were making a bad joke or maybe you've never heard of this?
Sponsored