Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
If that's true, something that's been troubling battery chemists for decades is about to be blown open.
I agree, I think we are probably 10 years away from solid-state batteries, not 3-4. Wouldn't mind being wrong though ;)
Sponsored

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I have owned my Mach E GT for nearly a month. I still maintain that in normal driving, its shockingly fast. I do wish it ran 110-115 1/4 mile traps, just for bragging rights, BUT, I will not likely ever take it to the drag strip (where I have been many many times in other Mustangs). Hopefully Ford can "fix" it but I bought it anyway knowing full well the limitations. Its not really an issue other than for ego-stroking. With that said, something needs to be done simply for competitive purposes. If your main competitor crushes you in one aspect, you improve. Although Ford beatsTesla in many other ways;)

Last edited:

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was simply shocked by his last second recommendation. The 90% of video he likes the Comfort, Ride even liked the screen better than the MY. Edmunds is a mass market car review site and he makes his recommendation of MY based on a "Drag Strip" scenario!?!? Heck, I'll take a car screwed better together for my daily driver any day over a squeaky rocket ship..

I'll take his two other partners that work for Edmunds over this guy. It kind of felt like he made his video than got a call from Elon on the last 15 min. of filming.
Yeah, it was odd that they loved almost everything about the Mach-E and then the winner... is the Model Y.

I think it's the combination of the Tesla supercharging network and the Mach-E power throttling that gave the edge to the Tesla.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Yeah, it was odd that they loved almost everything about the Mach-E and then the winner... is the Model Y.

I think it's the combination of the Tesla supercharging network and the Mach-E power throttling that gave the edge to the Tesla.
Yeah, as a daily driver the MME GTPE is scored higher than MYP in practically every way. It's not like Tesla ever made a performance EV that got hobbled after being driven hard.

I'm irritated by Tesla Fanbois who conveniently ignore that the "Ford 5 Second Rule" isn't that much different than the limp mode that every Tesla S/X from 2012-2020 suffers from.

Ford will hopefully make an adjustment.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
I think some folks here are a bit too invested in what others think about their cars or the things they prioritize to make their vehicle decisions. Who cares what others are saying about it. If you're happy with your vehicle, shrug em off.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I feel like my FE had more power at speed than the GT does. So you might be prepared for that.

At 70mph, the FE would still throw you back in the seat every time if you hit the accelerator. The GT doesn't do that if you've been driving at 70.
This is something I'd like to see compared IRL. I'd love to see a dig from 70mph on both the 4X and GT to learn what the difference is.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I think some folks here are a bit too invested in what others think about their cars or the things they prioritize to make their vehicle decisions. Who cares what others are saying about it. If you're happy with your vehicle, shrug em off.
There might be some financial implications to a pricey car being ill-regarded by a car pricing website.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
There might be some financial implications to a pricey car being ill-regarded by a car pricing website.
Nonsense. GT orders are still getting filled with a backlog, dealers are still charging ADM and GT owners are still providing positive feedback.

People can look through the opinions. No one is hanging their hats on a single review. There are many different reviews with many different opinions.

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Thats the ego-stroking I was referring to. Only thing that concerns me would be value, particularly resale value, and how bad reviews might affect that.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
People can look through the opinions. No one is hanging their hats on a single review. There are many different reviews with many different opinions.
Some opinions matter more than others. Edmunds, Consumer Reports, KBB, Autotrader, and Cars.com are all in the business of car valuation. We'll see how this all shakes out with more time, reviews, and OTAs.

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GTPE, Sunbeam Tiger w1970 Boss302, 2002Rav4EV
Country flag
Do you realize that all the cars you’re comparing it to are some of the best performance vehicles in their class?

And the GTPE, at least on paper, holds its own.

And it doesn’t beat a 2005 Mustang GT, it destroys it.

Based on the stats, it’s hard to deny it’s a true performance vehicle.

Honestly the skidpad and braking numbers far surpassed my expectations. Especially for a 5000 lb station wagon.
Just to be clear from when you look at 0-60 and 1/4 mile times not to mention braking and handling -and overall comfort, features etc- the GT PE destroys ALL Mustangs from the 1964-1971 (and really all but a handful of the modern post 2012 super top end Mustangs). The Hypo 289, Boss 302, Boss 429, Boss 351, CobraJet 429, Mach 1 etc. With that said, if I was going to Laguna Seca I would rather not be in an SUV, but a 1965 Shelby GT350 R or a race prepared Boss 302...but I am getting my GTPE for driving on the street-and occasional twisty roads and spirited driving...but the principal use for our use of the car is as a "Grand Touring" vehicle, not a race car. It is for exactly the reasons in the Edmunds video (and actually many videos including Doug DeMuro's GT review) that I am confident that this car is going to be a fantastic daily driver...

Last edited:

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
This is something I'd like to see compared IRL. I'd love to see a dig from 70mph on both the 4X and GT to learn what the difference is.

Me too. I betcha Ford already knows the answer, but they aint' sayin. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the 3D simulator at Ford's Performance tech center near Charlotte, NC.

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GTPE, Sunbeam Tiger w1970 Boss302, 2002Rav4EV
Country flag
Just to be clear from when you look at 0-60 and 1/4 mile times not to mention braking and handling -and overall comfort, features etc- the GT PE destroys ALL Mustangs from the 1964-1971 (and really all but a handful of the modern post 2012 super top end Mustangs). The Hypo 289, Boss 302, Boss 429, Boss 351, CobraJet 429, Mach 1 etc. With that said, if I was going to Laguna Seca I would rather not be in an SUV, but a 1965 Shelby GT350 R or a race prepared Boss 302...but I am getting my GTPE for driving on the street-and occasional twisty roads and spirited driving...but the principal use for our use of the car is as a "Grand Touring" vehicle, not a race car. It is for exactly the reasons in the Edmunds video (and actually many videos including Doug DeMuro's GT review) that I am confident that this car is going to be a fantastic daily driver...
I think that this video just posted gives a much more balanced review of the MME GT (non PE) for real world use:

Last edited:

Dmhccs

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo XC90 recharge, 2021 Mach e GTPE
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
I think that this video just posted gives a much more balanced review of the MME GT (non PE) for real world use:

I love his reviews. He’s thorough and focuses on telling people what they truly need to know about actually living with a car day to day. Anyone that has a GTPE on order and is looking for a fun, sporty, yet practical and very quick SUV will not be disappointed.

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
I read that the Mach-e is limited to 115 mph top speed. I would not be surprised to find out the torque of the motors are beginning to decline at that end of the curve. This would explain the trap speed issue.
Sponsored