Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Potential-sure-but who crosses the line first is who wins-right? 12.4 is not a slow car in the 1/4 mile from my perspective. And doing that in an SUV...impressive.

I hear you and I think I am agreeing with your perspective. If I wanted a car for the Drag strip, that is street legal and fun-I would get a Plaid.

If I wanted a car for a race track like Laguna Sega or Willow Springs-I would get a different car as I noted.

If I needed an plug in vehicle that I would take on long drives several times per week. Probably would get a Model Y in 2021/22 because of the charging network and practicality. In 2023 I may have a different answer.

But I am not buying a car "today" for any of those reasons. There is a reason that there are so many cars on the market. Everyone makes a call on what are the priorities/compromises.

So... I guess that the question is...Is the MME GT PE the best at anything? To me the answer is a clear yes to that question...it excels at meeting/exceeding my priorities for what I am looking for a daily driver. What I want is both practical and fun to drive, comfortable and distinctive to look at. I look at the GT as a "grand touring" daily driving vehicle, with hands free highway driving for both long drives and traffic, Magneride suspension, great seats and sound system, etc... I am not sure if there is a better overall package that gives me as much of everything that I want from a car for driving daily on the street as the MME GT PE.
We do agree. But many people buy a daily that can “do it all”, track days included. I also think the GT pretty much does it all, except there’s this one issue….?

And also, a Plaid may be fast in a drag race, but count me as one that thinks all EVs are boring to drag race once you’ve acclimated to the G forces. There is almost no skill involved. Especially where AWD is concerned. Quicker, yes, more fun, not to me.
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
By comparing a 2005 GT you may as well be comparing the mach-e to a model-t, the 2005 with its wheel hopping live rear axle and its abysmal asthmatic engine it was outdated even by 1990's standard let all alone 2005

For apples to apples you are going to really need to be comparing to one of todays mustang GT that as also had a optional 'performance package upgrade' so you need to be comparing to a GT with a pp2 package, all European mustangs had pp1 a standard that should already tell you how good a base GT was or rather wasn't in 2015 and in that regard

2018 GT manual pp2

0-60 4.3
60-0 94 ft
1.06 g lateral

The point is once performance was used in the marketing and naming then there are going to be expectations and on that front those expectations for some people will have easily been reached so all power to them while for others they will have fallen short so they are free to complain about it, however none of that will make a blind bit of difference to your own enjoyment of it :).

For me Ford could fix the power limitations via an OTA but I still wouldn't class it as a performance vehicle as the steering is simply not good enough by Ford performances own standards but as I had different requirements for the GTPE I was ok with making the purchase, had performance been high up on my list of requirements in current form I would have simply walked on by.
We can compare it to whatever Mustang GT you like and the facts are the same:

The GTPE beats almost all of them in acceleration, braking and handling.

And the ones is DOES beat we’re all proudly called “performance vehicles.”

Not sure why you are hung up on the 2005 GT. It’s nowhere even remotely close to a GTPE……. Which is why I posted it.

The 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 was praised for fantastic performance…….. and this overweight station wagon beats it in all those stats.

The only expectations I had that it failed to live up to are that it’s 3/10 and 8 mph slower in the 1/4 mile than I expected.

But those braking and handling stats…… WOW!

Be honest, were the braking and handling stats really below your expectations?

Either way, clearly you have a much higher standard for what it means for a Mustang GT to be a “performance vehicle” because if it’s more than what the GTPE offers then no Mustang Gt has ever been a performance vehicle, even that one above you posted with a “slow” 0-60 above 4 seconds. ?

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GTPE, Sunbeam Tiger w1970 Boss302, 2002Rav4EV
Country flag
We do agree. But many people buy a daily that can “do it all”, track days included. I also think the GT pretty much does it all, except there’s this one issue….?

And also, a Plaid may be fast in a drag race, but count me as one that thinks all EVs are boring to drag race once you’ve acclimated to the G forces. There is almost no skill involved. Especially where AWD is concerned. Quicker, yes, more fun, not to me.
I hear you on all points. Just a slightly different perspective on that "one" issue?.

The first car I ever drove - when I was 14 was a stick shift. I have always loved driving a stick shift vehicle for more fun on a track where there is clearly more drivers skill required... but I also know that while it is probably more fun on the track it also may or may not be the fastest/quickest as the modern cars with "automatic" transmissions..., however, my joy in driving a stick shift quickly vanishes when I am in solid bumper to bumper traffic-so for every day driving-it is an EV that I must have.

For me...I think we will love the MME GT PE for how we live....but that is all theory-as it sounds like at least 3 more months (apparently a gestation period for an MME GT is about 6 months currently) before our car gets into our hands and we really live with the car. I am basing my comments on a couple of test drives of an MME + GT (and Tesla Y) and watching and reading every review I can find on the MME & GT. Please also note I also bring to it EV driving experience more than most people. My wife and I have driven over 325,000 real world miles on pure battery power on 5 different plug-in vehicles since January of 1999, so I think we will know what to expect...and we anxiously wait for our delivery date to actually happen.

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag
So... I guess that the question is...Is the MME GT PE the best at anything? To me the answer is a clear yes to that question...it excels at meeting/exceeding my priorities for what I am looking for a daily driver. What I want is both practical and fun to drive, comfortable and distinctive to look at. I look at the GT as a "grand touring" daily driving vehicle, with hands free highway driving for both long drives and traffic, Magneride suspension, great seats and sound system, etc... I am not sure if there is a better overall package that gives me as much of everything that I want from a car for driving daily on the street as the MME GT PE.
Its hard to disagree with your assessment. If I wanted just a go-fast machine, I most certainly wouldn't have bought an SUV. If I wanted a corner-carver, I wouldn't have bought an SUV. The GT does exactly what I want it to do.

Another interesting point... My wife's daily driver is an 2020 BMW M240i xdrive. Magazines seem to indicate it runs somewhere around 12.6 at 108ish. Every time she rides in the MME GT she comments how much faster it feels than the BMW. In fact she is kind of scared to drive the MME GT.

I will say it one last time... Yeah, i would love to have a car that traps 112 or more (I actually already have a car that traps 123 but thats another story.) But when driving the GT around, I never really notice the limitations. Its fast enough that I get into the "slow my ass down" territory very quickly.

Last edited:

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag

I have a ton of respect for your opinion, and we have a lot in common from a driving/track perspective... But I feel that if anyone buys an EV with the intent to do track events, well, thats a bad decision from the start. And compound it by it being an SUV. I don't agree with the sentiments about the ICE Mustang GT can do XYZ, so should the MME GT. Its an SUV/Crossover. People don't cross-shop them, and they have very different missions/capabilities.

With all that said: Ford, make it faster. Hahahahahah. Faster is always good.

Last edited:

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GTPE, Sunbeam Tiger w1970 Boss302, 2002Rav4EV
Country flag
Its hard to disagree with your assessment. If I wanted just a go-fast machine, I most certainly wouldn't have bought an SUV. If I wanted a corner-carver, I wouldn't have bought an SUV. The GT does exactly what I want it to do.

Another interesting point... My wife's daily driver is an 2020 BMW M240i xdrive. Magazines seem to indicate it runs somewhere around 12.6 at 108ish. Every time she rides in the MME GT she comments how much faster it feels than the BMW. In fact she is kind of scared to drive the MME GT.

I will say it one last time... Yeah, i would love to have a car that traps 112 or more (I actually already have a car that traps 123 but thats another story.) But when driving the GT around, I never really notice the limitations. Its fast enough that I get into the "slow my ass down" territory very quickly.
I agree that I would think a trap in the 110-115 range is probably where it has the potential to get to...and if it did with the 5 second boost limit removed...it would probably be in upper to mid 11s too.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I have a ton of respect for your opinion, and we have a lot in common from a driving/track perspective... But I feel that if anyone buys an EV with the intent to do track events, well, thats a bad decision from the start. And compound it by it being an SUV. I don't agree with your sentiments about the ICE Mustang GT can do XYZ, so should the MME GT. Its an SUV/Crossover. People don't cross-shop them, and they have very different missions/capabilities.

With all that said: Ford, make it faster. Hahahahahah. Faster is always good.
And I agree with you on that. But, I didn’t name it Mustang Mach E GT, Ford did. And then they touted best in class blah blah. So, I personally wouldn’t track an MME GT, because it would be boring AF in my humble opinion. But, Ford kinda boxed themselves in here. And when Tesla Y Ps are going 113-115 in the 1/4 with a very similar power: weight ratio, well, there you have it.

I’m getting a GT350 that will see
track time because it’s the best there is in my $$$ range all things considered.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag

Good point. That M240i runs a 12.6 using launch control I bet. And I bet the 5-60 is over a second slower than the 0-60 because of said launch control’s effect. Wouldn’t doubt it if the 1/4 was a 13.2-13.4 just flat footing it off-boost from a dig, maybe even slower. That’s where the GT shines, no waiting, just instant shove.

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I’m getting a GT350 that will see
track time because it’s the best there is in my $$$ range all things considered.
One of my best friends has a GT350R that he does track events. His dad (who is about 80 but can drive the wheels off a car, did competitive racing until ~10 years ago) has a C7 Z51 Corvette. It is at least as fast as the GT350R. If you are looking for maximizing speed/$, I would look hard at a C7. With that said, I would rather have a 350 or 350R because I like Mustangs ;)

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
One of my best friends has a GT350R that he does track events. His dad (who is about 80 but can drive the wheels off a car, did competitive racing until ~10 years ago) has a C7 Z51 Corvette. It is at least as fast as the GT350R. If you are looking for maximizing speed/$, I would look hard at a C7. With that said, I would rather have a 350 or 350R because I like Mustangs ;)
I already have a Gen 4 small block in my SS Sedan, LS-3 is awesome at 6700rpm but Voodoo at 8250 is otherworldly.

Nomation

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Country flag
Yeah, it was odd that they loved almost everything about the Mach-E and then the winner... is the Model Y.

I think it's the combination of the Tesla supercharging network and the Mach-E power throttling that gave the edge to the Tesla.
I don't know guys...I've had my GTPE for a few weeks now and I've have had no problems with Electrify America. I plug it in and it verifies my account with Ford (and I signed up for EA account as well) and I've really had no issues. Plug it in and after a min or so it verifies my account and starts providing energy. Right now I haven't had to pay because I still have over 400KWs from ford.

Nomation

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Country flag

Yes....agree and I've got into trouble a few times when passing other cars...It just takes off and you have to be ready or else your quickly on the brakes. Only issue I have is I keep hitting my head when getting into the drivers seat. I'm 6'3" and about 300 lbs. and not very flexibleAnyone know of a shop that can somehow lower the seat for Me?

JSeis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Select
Country flag
As long as they put a disclaimer that pops up in unbridled mode “THIS CARS BEEN FUCKED WITH” I’m ok with giving you mo’power trolls what you need.
Sponsored