TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
That was a really crappy review. Compared to professionals who know something about driving dynamics and charging curves, this was more like 'amateur hour'. Plugging into a DCFC when he was above 80% SoC was a bit strange...I suppose he was just trying to demonstrate ease of connection/payment. It was honestly hard to follow his logic and train of thought.
BUT BUT BUT!!!!!

Plug-n-Charge worked ...

only the Mustang and the Porsche Taycan now include the “Plug and Charge” standard that allows you to just drive up to a charging station (currently only Electrify America) and plug in to start charging. That means no credit cards, no RFID, no apps required. I tried this out with over 80% state of charge and the EA station started charging. It did take about 30 seconds from plugging in to charge initiated, but I think this speed will improve over time.
Sponsored

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
The reviewer obviously stated that he drives a Tesla Model Y so he compares both, but I get from the review that he likes the Mach-E more.

One comment: "While my kids loved the extra room and comfort of the seats in back, they were left wondering how to play video games on the center console. We’ll probably have to wait until Ford/Google Upshift integration is complete." Most present Fords, including my 2014 Fusion Hybrid has a video input for other sources, and it have a 120 VAC outlet, so my Fusion can play video games on my center console.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
The van I purchased back in 2018 has a rotary shifter, felt odd at first but now I prefer it.

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Hybrids and electrics don't shift gears, so there is no need for such a vestigial "shift level". The rotary and push buttons do the job because the control is electric or electronic. The control is a direction type to choose "D" (forward) , "R" (reverse), or "N" (stay). We all know that "P" (park) locks the gears so it will not move, and "L" is a form of changing the power level with no gear change.

In the future, electrics will keep the "DNR" combination, and the other two will be done diffently.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag

OP
OP
jhalkias

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Hello John.
I have good news. My MME is on the train hopefully arriving or passing thru Kansas city on its way to Atlanta. Arriving the week of 21st - 27th of February.
Two more weeks of waiting.
Any news about your MME?
Hopefully all is working out with yours.
Good luck.
Mine is on the train somewhere either at or near KC. 4 days ago the train car was in De Queen AR about 400 miles South of KC.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
Mine is on the train somewhere either at or near KC. 4 days ago the train car was in De Queen AR about 400 miles South of KC.
Which website did you use to find the location of the trainbox's location or progress. My Ford dealer has no such info other than the final destination which is Atlanta GA. Then a car carrier will deliver the vehicle in a 4 hour trip.

OP
OP
jhalkias

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
Which website did you use to find the location of the trainbox's location or progress. My Ford dealer has no such info other than the final destination which is Atlanta GA. Then a car carrier will deliver the vehicle in a 4 hour trip.
No website. A friend’s son works for the railroad in the traffic department and tracked the rail car for me.

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag
No website. A friend’s son works for the railroad in the traffic department and tracked the rail car for me.
Good info to have.
Good luck receiving your MME.
I am ready.

OP
OP
jhalkias

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles