Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
How often do you have to change the HVBJB? šŸ˜€
Part of their unique design is the ability to instantaneously swap HVBJB mid-run.
Sponsored

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Iā€™m sure itā€™s been done, but honestly probably not that much faster. Most of the weight is probably necessary. A few hundred pounds less interior weight wonā€™t do much.

Ahā€¦.. google has the answer. 8.77 at 162mph.
https://www.tesmanian.com/blogs/tes...er-mile-record-with-8-77-seconds-at-162-55mph
A YouTuber in FL called the Tesla Plaid Channel has been posting for a very long time and has partially stripped out the interior but it's track prep and tires that make the biggest difference in his runs.
https://www.youtube.com/@TeslaPlaidChannel
As already noted the Plaid can do VERY constant runs. The breaks are the real issue with the Plaid.

Back to the original post I hope they are targeting high 6's low 7's because 8's are great and all but the real fun begins begins in the 7's. At 1800 HP that should be doable if the car is setup correctly.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Who lifts?

Not if youā€™re trying to set world records.

No point in lifting unless something went wrong or youā€™ve already won.
Turns out they donā€™t lift but itā€™s running out of gas and killed the spark plugs half way. I knew the motor sounded different at about 1/2 the run, so I thought they lifted.
ā€˜Because a Top Fuel dragster engine runs so hot, the electrodes on the spark plugs are completely destroyed at only halfway through a run; the engine runs on its existing combustion and exhaust valves from that point on. Because of this, only stopping the flow of fuel through the engine will turn it off. You canā€™t just turn a key to shut the engine down.ā€™

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 4X, ā€˜14 SS Sedan tuned, ā€˜17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Rwd is an advantage for drag racing.

Just sayin.

Itā€™s insane how fast the plaid is. The fact that it can even be compared to a record setting dedicated drag racing car built by a professional racing teamā€¦ā€¦. Impressive. Oh and the plaid can make that 9 second pass back to back over and over for dozens of times in a day.
The Lucid Air Sapphire is quicker than the Plaid. Looks better too. Plus Cammisaā€™s Hagerty videos are just plain fun to watch.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Turns out they donā€™t lift but itā€™s running out of gas and killed the spark plugs half way. I knew the motor sounded different at about 1/2 the run, so I thought they lifted.
ā€˜Because a Top Fuel dragster engine runs so hot, the electrodes on the spark plugs are completely destroyed at only halfway through a run; the engine runs on its existing combustion and exhaust valves from that point on. Because of this, only stopping the flow of fuel through the engine will turn it off. You canā€™t just turn a key to shut the engine down.ā€™
Itā€™s even better to watch in person! Stood right on the sidelines of Gatornationals a few years back. When two top fuel dragsters race, itā€™s so loud you literally canā€™t see straight! But 300+ mph in 4 seconds will do that.

They completely rebuild the motors every single run. Itā€™s insane. Horsepower is always ā€œestimatedā€ because no Dyno could handle it.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
And this just in NASCAR new pace car! That is for laps that are 5-seconds or more.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Electric Mustang Super Cobra Jet 1800 Targets New NHRA World Records for Electric Vehicles 1681511527553
Lol, I didnā€™t notice the ford emblems so this made me google ā€œDodge charger EV pace car.ā€

With the blacked out grille, doesnā€™t look like a Mustang at all.

buddy3210

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE, 2022 F350, 2017 F150, 2001 F250, 11 DTS
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag
Rwd is an advantage for drag racing.

Just sayin.

Itā€™s insane how fast the plaid is. The fact that it can even be compared to a record setting dedicated drag racing car built by a professional racing teamā€¦ā€¦. Impressive. Oh and the plaid can make that 9 second pass back to back over and over for dozens of times in a day.
Which means that Ford could give us bilked GT owners hardware that is less than half as robust as what is being used in the plaid and we'd be happy
Sponsored