Electric outlet installation cost and recommendations in Boston area

Machedesi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Hello all
I am expecting my 2022 Mache to be delivered in 2nd week of May. Exciting times! As I prep for the delivery, looking to get quotes from local electricians for installing the 14-50 outlet.
What is the typical cost of this outlet installation in the Boston area.
I am from the Merrimack valley region, so feel free to pass on any recommendations for electricians if you have any.
also, did anyone use any Qmerit installers?

thanks!
Sponsored

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Hey there, congratulations on your incoming Mach-E!! I’m in the Billerica area, so not too far from you. Last year around this time I paid $800 to have a 50amp breaker installed and a ChargePoint Home Flex installed hardwired in my garage. The guy used 6AWG cable running through an unfinished basement into an attached finished garage. I bought the ChargePoint myself. He dealt with the permit and inspection and I couldn’t have been happier.

The guy I used was:

Reynolds Electric Co.
Matt Reynolds

(781) 548-0112
[email protected]

https://www.homeadvisor.com/rated.MatthewReynolds.73965055.html

He had installed Tesla chargers before, but never ChargePoints but he did a fantastic job. I told him he could just use conduit and run it outside the walls because I didn’t mind the look. He said he’d try to get it inside the wall, and he did! I’m so glad too because it looks so much cleaner.

OP
OP

Machedesi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
That’s so awesome! Thank you so much for the recommendation. I’ll call him tomorrow! I am from Andover.

I was thinking to use the included ford mobile charger for now and then get the ChargePoint one if needed.
Do you guys see any limitations with the supplied Ford charger (other than tbe limited 32 amps charging)

thanks!

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Hello all
I am expecting my 2022 Mache to be delivered in 2nd week of May. Exciting times! As I prep for the delivery, looking to get quotes from local electricians for installing the 14-50 outlet.
What is the typical cost of this outlet installation in the Boston area.
I am from the Merrimack valley region, so feel free to pass on any recommendations for electricians if you have any.
also, did anyone use any Qmerit installers?

thanks!

installation of a NEMA 14-50 outlet within 25 ft of service with 50amp breaker, if you have 2 available slots in service, is about $40 in materials and 2 hours work from any reasonable Journeyman Electrician. Longer runs, or making slots available with tandem breakers may add a 'little' in wire, breakers, and time.... but not a lot.

I'd guess somewhere between $300-$500 in most parts of the country for a typical install would be pretty reasonable.

OWG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium Extended Range AWD
Country flag
I used Qmerit - they function as a matchmaker between you and a electrician, and they handle the billing. Useful if you don't have a ongoing relationship with a Electrician. DMH Electric out of Sterling did the actual install. The Merrimack Valley is a large region, but they are a largish concern, so they may well cover where you live. I have retained their contact info.

Installation is obviously dependent on the site, attached garage with the main load panel in the garage - $X: detached garage with trenching required , load panel 80' away and adding a subpanel in the garage, 8 Hours of work - $10X.

BostonPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER / AWD Built 12/21
Country flag
I was trying for months to get my Charge Point installed and couldn't even get a call back from 99% of the electricians when I finally got one they quoted me $1500 using my wire and other items I had.

I found this company and I can not recommend them enough, they gave me a quick quote all based off of photos, came out and did the job in only a few days using all of their material except for a few pieces of conduit I had kicking around for less than half what others quoted.

https://www.evstationinstallation.com/

You can certainly let them know I referred you.

OP
OP

Machedesi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Thank you all!
Really appreciate your response. I have started following up with some of the recommendations here. Will keep you posted!

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
Waiting on quote for 50 ft run for exterior 14-50 installation. Will run against a wall in conduit. Being done same time new panel is installed. Which is whenever their supplier gets the stainless steel box and panel ... dont ask Miami Beach rules....
Sponsored