tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended range AWD
Country flag
Went to charge yesterday (at a public charge station) I had my windows rolled down. The charge stations would not recognize my car at all :( I get back in my car, go to a different charger network (EA) and it started working, What didn't however was my window controls on the driver side. the entire controller for mirrors, and windows just stopped working. The other doors could operate their windows just fine. I shut the car off and used the fordpass app to role my driver's side back up. Sadly the fordpass app has completely stopped working. just as it stopped working, it started working again. I hope this isn't the first sign of a bad electrical system.
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Went to charge yesterday (at a public charge station) I had my windows rolled down. The charge stations would not recognize my car at all :( I get back in my car, go to a different charger network (EA) and it started working, What didn't however was my window controls on the driver side. the entire controller for mirrors, and windows just stopped working. The other doors could operate their windows just fine. I shut the car off and used the fordpass app to role my driver's side back up. Sadly the fordpass app has completely stopped working. just as it stopped working, it started working again. I hope this isn't the first sign of a bad electrical system.
Several things: At the non-EA station did you initiate the session on the charger or in an app? If it is not EA then you can't just plug the car in to start charging. As for the windows, a few times people have mentioned that glitch and shutting the car off and restarting it got the controls working again. The FordPass app is a mess, so not much I can say there

OP
OP
tfitzgex

tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended range AWD
Country flag
Several things: At the non-EA station did you initiate the session on the charger or in an app? If it is not EA then you can't just plug the car in to start charging. As for the windows, a few times people have mentioned that glitch and shutting the car off and restarting it got the controls working again. The FordPass app is a mess, so not much I can say there
It was a non-EA, it was greenlots, the issue was that the charge port didn't turn blue when hooking in. I had initiated through the greenlots app. Thanks for the heads up on the windows, that is really going to suck in the winter
Sponsored