Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Looks like EA is about to turn on some new charging station be it a little late for tourist season. Would have come in handy this summer I went to Rapid City and we had to take my wife car because of lack of fast charging

Ford Mustang Mach-E Electrify America adding some fast charging in SD and WY Screenshot 2021-10-07 000130
Sponsored

OP
OP
tuminatr

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Here is the future build-out. If anyone from EA reads this post Rochester,MN Mankato, MN La Crosse,WI, and something in the MN lakes region would be helpful. Also one in either Fessenden or Carrington,ND would allow people to travel to MInot, ND, and Devils Lake and Grand forks would be a good idea too

Ford Mustang Mach-E Electrify America adding some fast charging in SD and WY rivan.JPG

Last edited:

Sam2084

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 CR-V, E4X Ordered
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Here is the future build-out. If anyone from EA reads this post Rochester,MN Mankato, MN La Crosse,WI, and something in the MN lakes region would be helpful. Also one in either Fessenden or Carrington,ND would allow people to travel to MInot, ND, and Devils Lake and Grand forks would be a good idea too

Ford Mustang Mach-E Electrify America adding some fast charging in SD and WY rivan.JPG
Where did you get this map?

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Lexus IS300 autox/track car.
Country flag
Where did you get this map?
That's the Rivian "Adventure Network" map. Most of those locations are EA sites but it does not show all the EA network.

edit: AZBill beat me to it. ?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Looks like EA is about to turn on some new charging station be it a little late for tourist season.
Have you seen construction at these sites yet? Just a warning that sites on the map can be "coming soon" for quite a while, and that doesn't mean they're about to be turned on. The one and only EA station on the map in Vermont has been "coming soon" for over a year. There's still not any sign of construction at the site.

OP
OP
tuminatr

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Have you seen construction at these sites yet? Just a warning that sites on the map can be "coming soon" for quite a while, and that doesn't mean they're about to be turned on. The one and only EA station on the map in Vermont has been "coming soon" for over a year. There's still not any sign of construction at the site.
I have not but they have not been listed on EA's map until the last couple of days. To me that signals they are getting close but it's just a guess. The last time I was through it was August and I did not see any construction if someone lives in the area they could check them out

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I have not but they have not been listed on EA's map until the last couple of days. To me that signals they are getting close but it's just a guess.
Maybe. But as I said, the station near me showed up on the EA map as "coming soon" over a year ago and there are still no signs of life.

OP
OP
tuminatr

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Maybe. But as I said, the station near me showed up on the EA map as "coming soon" over a year ago and there are still no signs of life.
Well the grant given by the state of SD expires at the EOY so they better get trucking, although in covid times the state could allow for an extension. Frankly speaking tourist season in SD is summer

OP
OP
tuminatr

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Here is the info from SD's website. The website clearly says VW's EVCS program names Electrify America as the provider.

The deadline for submitting invoices is December 18th 2021, to me that says projects need to be completed and invoiced by then.

https://denr.sd.gov/des/aq/aaVWEVCS.aspx

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
More importantly, EA is not just going into SD, they are going into Wall Drug! Is the Corn Palace next?

https://www.greencarreports.com/new...ica-adds-road-trip-chargers-next-to-wall-drug
Electrify America adds road-trip chargers next to Wall Drug
avatar-image-for-stephed_100440631_s.jpg

STEPHEN EDELSTEIN OCTOBER 28, 2021 9 COMMENTS
View Gallery

Working to fill gaps in its network, Electrify America is adding charging stations in new locations, including one site near a famous roadside attraction.

The Volkswagen-funded charging network on Wednesday announced groundbreaking of charging sites in South Dakota and Wyoming. These will be the first Electrify America stations in those states.

The South Dakota charging site will be located at a Conoco gas station in the town of Wall, best known for Wall Drug. Opened as a drug store in 1931, it's since morphed into a large complex of restaurants and gift shops, luring tourists on the way to nearby Badlands National Park.

Drivers stopping in Wall will have access to two 150-kw and and 350-kw DC fast-charging stations, an Electrify America press release said.

e-at-electrify-america-dc-fast-charger_100777004_l.jpg
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E, at Electrify America DC fast-charger

The Wyoming site, located at Smith's Food and Drug in the town of Gillette, will also have two 150-kw and two 350-kw DC fast-charging stations, according to Electrify America. It plans to open additional charging sites in both Wyoming and South Dakota "over the next year and a half."

Electrify America is making rapid progress in building out its fast-charging network. It just finished its first cross-country route in 2020, but is already filling in alternate routes. That includes connecting to more tourist destinations—like Yosemite National Park.

And Electrify America recently (finally) made its app compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. So it's now a bit easier to find those new charging stations.

Electrify America plans to more than double the network by 2025. Meanwhile Tesla plans to triple the Supercharger network in two years. VW has reportedly been shopping the network out to other investors, in a bid to scale up faster.

Gixxer750

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 VW Golf R; 2021 ER AWD Rapid Red
Occupation
Innovation Guru
Country flag
If they can fill in the black hole they call West Virginia, then it would make north/south travel way easier. Even just one in Beckley, WV would make a world of difference.
Sponsored