Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Electrify America Announces its "Boost Plan" to More than Double its Current EV Charging Network by End of 2025

https://media.electrifyamerica.com/en-us/releases/149

Expanding Current Ultra-Fast Charging Network in the U.S. and Canada to more than 1,800 charging
stations and over 10,000 individual chargers

Reston, VA (July 13, 2021) – Electrify America today announced its “Boost Plan” to more than double its current electric vehicle (EV) charging infrastructure in the United States and Canada, with plans to have more than 1,800 fast charging stations and 10,000 individual chargers installed by the end of 2025. The expansion will increase the deployment of 150 and 350 kilowatt chargers – the fastest speed available today – and help pave the way for more electric vehicles in North America.

The announcement today expands Electrify America’s previous commitment to invest $2 billion over 10 years in Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV) infrastructure, education, and access in the U.S. In addition to adding to its existing network in the U.S., Electrify America will also expand its Electrify Canada charging network which began installations in 2019. Both initiatives are part of a global announcement today by the parent company Volkswagen Group to substantially increase public charging infrastructure in North America, Asia and Europe.

“We have decided to double our current charging infrastructure in North America over the next four years to help meet the need for the rapid growth expected of electric vehicles by virtually all the auto manufacturers, and to help make EV adoption more accessible and attractive than ever.” said Giovanni Palazzo, president and chief executive officer, Electrify America. “We are making this commitment to support the plans by major automakers and the U.S. and Canadian governments to help the transformation to an electric mobility transportation system.”
Sponsored

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
I don't like how it dries up the great lakes and doesn't really address the lack of chargers in the U.P. of Michigan when it shows our future in the video.

On the plus side, they are addressing people who can't charge from home by population density, but they are not addressing the problem for long trips.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Electrify America Announces its "Boost Plan" to More than Double its Current EV Charging Network by End of 2025

https://media.electrifyamerica.com/en-us/releases/149

Expanding Current Ultra-Fast Charging Network in the U.S. and Canada to more than 1,800 charging
stations and over 10,000 individual chargers
That's all very nice, but how about letting us know when will the stations they list as coming soon, will actually open. These sorts of hyperopic statements are really of no use for most of us.

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
It sure would be nice to see a list of planned locations or a map that would actually populate the stations that they are planning to build in a meaningful way. As was noted above, not showing the great lakes really makes it hard to tell where exactly a handful of these planned stations would be located. I think that there might be one or two stations popping up on the future map in the spots between Milwaukee and Door County, WI where I would really need one, but it is really hard to tell.

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus Electric
Country flag
As a map nerd, I can kind of surmise the general locations for areas near me. The biggest improvement for people in the Ohio Valley/Western New York/Ontario Golden Horseshoe will be the build out of stations in West Virginia. That means it will be *much* easier to get to places like the Outer Banks or Charleston for anybody with CCS.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Based on a very squinty, frame by frame review of the video, THREE additional locations pop up in the western suburbs of Kansas City (Johnson and/or Wyandotte Counties)! It is 14 seconds into the video to the top left of the “f” in “future.” Now the question is, when? 2025 is a long ways out.

Last edited:

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
It sure would be nice to see a list of planned locations or a map that would actually populate the stations that they are planning to build in a meaningful way. As was noted above, not showing the great lakes really makes it hard to tell where exactly a handful of these planned stations would be located. I think that there might be one or two stations popping up on the future map in the spots between Milwaukee and Door County, WI where I would really need one, but it is really hard to tell.
Green Bay has zero dcfc chargers. The Wisconsin state hasn't spent a dime of vw money on chargers yet. This has to change.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Nice!! 2025 should align with when I actually take delivery of my GT

salt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW x3
Country flag
The EA app shows new proposed locations in Las Vegas bringing their total to 10. Just head north to Salt Lake City and there's just 1 for the whole city.

As someone with a home charger already installed, I don't need EA in my city, but you'd think they'd add at least one more location.

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Yes! They absolutely need stations in Wausau and Green Bay...probably another in Oshkosh.

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Green Bay has zero dcfc chargers. The Wisconsin state hasn't spent a dime of vw money on chargers yet. This has to change.
When I drove from Detroit to Wausau in late April, I was sweating bullets driving into a zone with little to no coverage...even light on Level 2 options. Fortunately it worked out for me, but luck was also on my side.
Sponsored