Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
More than 200 miles of range can be delivered from 30 minutes of charging for the Fisker Ocean (15% capacity to 80% capacity). Electrify America’s 150 kW chargers can charge capable vehicles up to 20 miles per minute. Would the Mach E match this?
Sponsored

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I wouldn't trust anything from Fisker. It's all vaporware.

I think the current best guess is about 1 mile of range for every 15 secs of charging.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The only numbers we have right now are averages (47 miles in 10 minutes) that would lead me to say "no", but that is an underinformed opinion. Until Ford publishes a final curve, no one can answer your question

Deleted member 367

The only numbers we have right now are averages (47 miles in 10 minutes) that would lead me to say "no", but that is an underinformed opinion. Until Ford publishes a final curve, no one can answer your question
Well folks, I just cancelled my reservation. The Ford e-Mustang, while likely a very nice electric car, is just too pricey, charging issues too vague, EPA sticker and other gov't feedback nowhere to be seen. Ford totally unresponsive to email questions as well as USPS letters, as well as too many insulting PR releases. Feels unwelcome. Good bye Ford.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Well folks, I just cancelled my reservation. The Ford e-Mustang, while likely a very nice electric car, is just too pricey, charging issues too vague, EPA sticker and other gov't feedback nowhere to be seen. Ford totally unresponsive to email questions as well as USPS letters, as well as too many insulting PR releases. Feels unwelcome. Good bye Ford.
Perhaps you have unrealistic expectations? Tesla didn't tell people the size of the Model Y until this week and deliveries start this weekend.

Not sure if you expected to have special treatment or advanced knowledge of things before the general public?

They've stated more than once that the vehicle is in production testing so it's weird you feel entitled to finalized performance data that doesn't yet exist.

Best of luck to you though.

mark360

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 AWD(OLD), Ford Raptor
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
Yeah, you were never a serious buyer. Which is ok, when it comes out people will buy like crazy I'm sure. It will meet all the specs and more

Deleted member 367

Perhaps you have unrealistic expectations? Tesla didn't tell people the size of the Model Y until this week and deliveries start this weekend.

Not sure if you expected to have special treatment or advanced knowledge of things before the general public?

They've stated more than once that the vehicle is in production testing so it's weird you feel entitled to finalized performance data that doesn't yet exist.

Best of luck to you though.
Why am I not surprised at this comment.

The Ford "Staff" stealthely trowling throughout this Ford Mustang MACHe web site to immediately place the Ford Spin on any non-exstatic comment no matter how factual the comment may be, just reinforces the discomfort I have felt about the whole Pr-laced sales process, beginning at the LA Auto Show with "Oh no, we can't let you actually sit in the car unless you make a $500 reservation payment." Sorry guys, but do watch your back when payment time comes. Good luck to all.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Hope this guy had a FE reserved...if so, one more for the rest of us ?

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Pricey? Compared to what? It's very close to anything it's closely comparable to, and much less expensive than any of the luxury European brands.

Charging issues? What issues? It's compatible with a very extensive and growing charging network.

EPA sticker feedback? How can Ford provide more than they have? They've given the same kind of feedback that all manufacturers do at this point in the production cycle, an estimate of what they expect mileage/efficiency to be. Can't very well do more until there are actual production vehicles to test.

Unresponsive to email and actual letters? What are they supposed to tell you that they haven't put in press releases? I can imagine that you've been asking for information that they obviously can't give to anyone at this time.

Insulting PR releases? Really? I don't know what you've been reading that I haven't. I can tell you that I've not been insulted by anything that Ford has said.

I have deposits on three other brands (keeping my options open while trying to minimize time to delivery), and I can tell you that Ford has been by far the most open and engaging company of all of them. And that includes Tesla.

Bye bye! ;)

Scrannel

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport Diesel. Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Screenwriter
Country flag
Though I own a Tesla, my wife is very interested in the Mach, so I'm here to learn. This forum, like the Tesla forum, has plenty of stupid. But, plenty info too. My big hope for the Mach is that Ford won't pour on phony "required service" just to feed their dealers. Let's see. But, looks like a great car.

mark360

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 AWD(OLD), Ford Raptor
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
Though I own a Tesla, my wife is very interested in the Mach, so I'm here to learn. This forum, like the Tesla forum, has plenty of stupid. But, plenty info too. My big hope for the Mach is that Ford won't pour on phony "required service" just to feed their dealers. Let's see. But, looks like a great car.
No, I don't think so. From the looks of it, Bill Ford even touted on stage that the Mach E is freedom from oil changes. There is always the possibility that for the first few years they will want owners to come in to check the battery coolant fluid, and maybe some other components to ensure the vehicle is wearing OK, but most buyers getting into an EV know that there is virtually no power train or battery maintenance. Only brakes and Tires.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The more we discuss that "47 miles in 10 minutes" claim by Ford, the more I think it's a misleading statistic. The better one is likely their "10-80% (ER RWD) in 45 minutes" stat. 70% of 300 mile range = 210 miles / 45 minutes = 4.7 miles/min. Thus the "47 miles in 10 minutes" must be the average for a 70% charge. But presumably that average includes a lot of drop-offs in the charging curve. Which should mean that 'sweet spot' charging will be significantly faster.

Last edited:

theothertom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Chevy Bolt
Country flag
I, too, would like to see the Ford charging curves, but I'm not aware of any manufacturer that publishes them. There's just way to many variables when you charge. Mostly it's up to the early adopters to publish their experiences on forums like this. So yeah, if you're an early adopter, you're on the leading edge and have to uncover things for yourself. If you're not willing to do that, so be it.
Sponsored

Reactions: UW2