Yes I believe the initial investment came from a settlement with VW
Sponsored

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
What's of particular interest to me is that in the USA, EA is on par with, if not ahead of where Tesla's Supercharger network was in late 2017 when Tesla owners were touting the superiority of the Supercharger network.

Furthermore, you can basically triple the number of non-EA DCFC stations available to the MME. So in reality, there are far more CCS DCFC sites than Superchargers.

*This doesn't even take into account the additional stations coming online in the next six months.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Electrify Canada is a shadow of the effort in the States. Petro Canada is killin' it with their stations up north.

70kW or greater are now the majority of CCS stations in the USA.

We're looking at 501 CCS stations in the USA+ Canada of 70kw+ per Plugshare. Add aanother 250+ CCS stations of 50kW as bailout locations and we're at over 750 CCS stations.

Then of course there's quite a few Chevy, Harley and other random 25kW chargers floating around out there that a Tesla could never take advantage of.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Electrify Canada is a shadow of the effort in the States. Petro Canada is killin' it with their stations up north.

70kW or greater are now the majority of CCS stations in the USA.

We're looking at 501 CCS stations in the USA+ Canada of 70kw+ per Plugshare. Add aanother 250+ CCS stations of 50kW as bailout locations and we're at over 750 CCS stations.

Then of course there's quite a few Chevy, Harley and other random 25kW chargers floating around out there that a Tesla could never take advantage of.
Yes for now Petro Canada are the stations of choice for the MME on the move, hopefully Electrify Canada will get on the move so we have more choices.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Yes for now Petro Canada are the stations of choice for the MME on the move, hopefully Electrify Canada will get on the move so we have more choices.
I listened to a 2019 podcast interview of Harvey Hoicher who drove across Canada from Vancouver Island to St. John's then back home thru the USA. He said Canada was doable in his e-tron but sort of slow going because of the 50kW chargers at the time. His experience using EA going back to BC was just a real game changer for him.

With Petro Canada and soon to add Electrify Canada to the station count, it'll really make the MME ownership experience for Canadians quite nice and versatile.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
EA at 50 CHadMo and 150/350 CCS.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
In Oregon, I think you guys have just the Madras station with 62.5kW and everything else is 50kW.

If you look nationally on Plugshare.com and de-select for EA, you'll see a ton of EVgo stations that are 70kW+ as well as random ones like the Takoma Park, MD station that pulled out their gas tanks and installed 150kW chargers or 200kW Recargo (owned by Plugshare) out in Salinas, CA.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
EA at 50 CHadMo and 150/350 CCS.
yeah, i thought EA didn't have 50kW CCS either but it turns out they have like 15-20 of them. Here's an example:

https://www.plugshare.com/location/169524

I think it was News Coulomb on YouTube who said that when EA initially got started, they contracted with EVgo to get their first stations up and running so their very early stations are/were 50kW.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
EA has 50KW at the two Ohio locations I stopped at for a look-Youngstown and the rest area on the Ohio Turnpike.,
Sponsored