Electrify america membership & plug and charge

Zer0t

Threads
Reaction score
Rumson, NJ; Marco Island, FL; Amelia Island, FL
Vehicles
2023 Model S Plaid
Country flag
If I have an EA membership can I still use plug and charge or do I swipe my membership card then plug in?

I’m heading out on 2300 mile road trip and would enjoy the discount. I’m happy to swipe then plug if that’s the only way.
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
If I have an EA membership can I still use plug and charge or do I swipe my membership card then plug in?

I’m heading out on 2300 mile road trip and would enjoy the discount. I’m happy to swipe then plug if that’s the only way.
can't plug and charge with EA membership, there is one coming that's integrated into FordPass but it's only in early access right now. Just swipe membership first then plug-in

LUV_RED

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E ER RWD, 2018 Volt
Country flag
Have you used up all your 250 kWh of free EA charging?
You can use plug and charge up to 250 kWh, then switch to your EA membership.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
can't plug and charge with EA membership, there is one coming that's integrated into FordPass but it's only in early access right now. Just swipe membership first then plug-in
While that works too, I usually found it easier (if using the EA app to get Pass+ discount) to activate a session using the NFC phone tap rather than doing the app swipe.

1. Make sure Plug&Charge is turned off in FordPass
2. Plug in
3. Open the EA app (so it's logged-in and active) and just tap to the symbol on the charger

Saves a few steps that way (like clicking on the correct station in the map, and then swiping the right charger#). Also less chance of it locking up the phone if it fails, which mine tended to do.
Sponsored