Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e rt1 rwd
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I pulled up my maps to route to the nearest electrify America station and none are populating anymore. Any idea what that’s about? They were there yesterday but they don’t even show in my recent searches.
Sponsored

Say Watt

First Name
Morris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE (Bought back), 2022 Kia EV6 GT-L, Rivian R1S
Occupation
Retired Electronics
Country flag
I noticed that the Electrify America stations are not showing up on my PlugShare mobile app but are still shown on the PS website map. EA has been going through some system overhaul for the past week. All of the charging sessions have been "free" - initiation and charging starts right after plugin without app or card activation.

My Kia EV6 came with a 1000kWh credit when I bought the vehicle. I had just about used it up and it has been reset to 1000kWh?! My Ford Blue Oval balance is still normal.

I do hope that this is a planned upgrade and not a repair of a major crash or ransom attack.

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Me too. Just had pointless conversations with both EA and Ford Customer Support.

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Did they have any insight at all?
EA really couldn’t understand the question. She kept asking what charger I needed help starting. Ford cut me off trying to transfer me the third time.

Say Watt

First Name
Morris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE (Bought back), 2022 Kia EV6 GT-L, Rivian R1S
Occupation
Retired Electronics
Country flag
I emailed EA and asked them why they disappeared from PlugShare and Ford navigation. This was their bureaucratic response:

"Thank you for reaching out! We recommend downloading and checking the Electrify America APP for the most up-to-date status of each charging location. If you need assistance starting a charge, our Customer Support Team is available 24/7 by phone and can be reached at 1.833.632.2778."

They didn't even try to come up with a lame excuse.

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
All of the charging sessions have been "free" - initiation and charging starts right after plugin without app or card activation.
How long has this been going on? I like free.

kirkus02

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e, Explorer, Silverado
Country flag
I noticed it this past weekend when going to Vegas. None of the EA stations were showing on the MME native navigation. It wasn't a big deal since I already knew where I was going to stop. LOL.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Level 2 chargers disappeared from the in-car nav map I think in one of the early updates last year, I only get results for DCFC in the car, the FordPass app has them all though.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Definitely something up with EA network, their app doesn’t seem to have latest info on chargers and won’t let me sign up for account

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Part of their recent upgrade was changing out circuit boards in the chargers and going from 4G to 5G, likely a bunch of communications errors. Most likely the Ford Nav is set up to read the data from EA via the web, that is how they get the real time charger status.

OP
OP

MoreWatts

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e rt1 rwd
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ea had nothing useful to say. I have to wait until Monday before I get to talk to ford. Let’s see if they have any insight.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
EA frequently provides free charging on holiday weekends and did so over Labor Day. After that, they started network service and has been free since then.

Important note: While this is happening, the Ford navigation isn’t seeing them as Love and they aren’t showing up on your chargers searches. You’ll need to use PlugShare or similar apps to navigate to them to get your free juice.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
I discovered this recently while driving to the Atlanta area. Ford Nav kept trying to route me all over the world when an EA station was literally right in front of me. Hope they get that part sorted out soon
Sponsored