Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Press Release:

Electrify America to Install EV Charging Stations at Bank of America Financial Center Locations.

Installations mark Electrify America’s first collaboration with a financial institution

Reston, VA (December 17, 2019) – Electrify America, a leader in ultra-fast charging for electric vehicles (EV), announced today that it is teaming up with Bank of America, one of the world’s leading financial institutions, to install electric vehicle charging stations at select financial center locations across the U.S. This marks the first time Electrify America will install EV charging stations at a bank location, further adding convenient options for consumers who drive battery electric vehicles.

“As we continue to offer more convenient places to build new charging stations, Bank of America was a natural fit,” said Brendan Jones, chief operating officer at Electrify America. “As one of the largest banks in the country, its locations enable current and future EV drivers to save time by charging their vehicles while visiting a financial center. These new charging sites are also open to any EV driver needing a convenient place to charge their vehicle.”

Approximately 40 EV charging stations with a total of 140 EV chargers will be available for use by the end of 2020 at select Bank of America financial center locations in California, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Oregon, Washington, Virginia, and Massachusetts.

Through Electrify America’s focus on future and present-day electric vehicles, Bank of America customers will be able to access ultra-fast charging systems with the latest charging technology available with a range in power from 150 kilowatt (kW) to 350kW. With an electric vehicle capable of accepting a 350kW charge, EV drivers can add up to 20 miles of range per minute as a result of Electrify America’s ultra-fast chargers technology.

“We are focused on making it easier and more convenient for our clients to connect with us in any manner they choose, and we’re pleased to partner with Electrify America to offer on-site EV charging stations,” said David Tyrie, head of advanced solutions and digital banking at Bank of America. “A low-carbon lifestyle is important to our bank and to the communities we serve, and we are committed to developing and supporting initiatives that can lead to a more sustainable future.”

In addition to this initiative to bring low-carbon EV chargers to its financial center locations, Bank of America is an EV100 member and has also installed EV charging stations at employee offices. Currently the company has more than 100 EV charging ports installed at office locations for employee use with more installations planned in 2020. Bank of America also provides a reimbursement to employees who choose to purchase or lease an approved electric vehicle.

To locate a charging station and its associated power levels, electric vehicle drivers should check the Electrify America mobile app or the website at https://www.electrifyamerica.com/locate-charger.
Sponsored

Last edited:

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Okay...not sure in this day and age of drive thru and electronic banking this is of use. Wal-Mart's made a lot more sense. I think their investment would be better spent on arenas, malls, hotels and sit down restaurant chain locations. Not to mention more rest stops on major highways.

theothertom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Chevy Bolt
Country flag
I really don't understand this. DCFC are used by people on road trips. Most road trippers want to stop where there is a restaurant, rest rooms, etc. Not banks. I guess as long as the banks are near an interstate and near those convince things, it would be ok.

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Most banks around me tend to be around a lot of other things. My guess is that this is mostly about where the land is available.

Brianbarn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mustang; 2014 Explorer. Formerly 2013 Focus Electric
Country flag
One could make a snarky comment about how long it must take to get served in a Bank of America branch if they think it's enough time to re-charge, but then that would be in bad taste. :)

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I think this is more to do with urban locations and urban charging than anything else. I'd bet dollars to donuts it's 50kW chargers like EA has already placed in places like shopping malls.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
I do not understand why large gasoline companies like Chevron/Standard or Shell do not put chargers in their gas stations so that they can attract new/existing gas clients who are changing over to EV .customers . This would also make it easier on road trips.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I do not understand why large gasoline companies like Chevron/Standard or Shell do not put chargers in their gas stations so that they can attract new/existing gas clients who are changing over to EV .customers . This would also make it easier on road trips.
If only there was a West Coast version of Sheetz or Wawa. Superchargers and EA are already at some of those locations.

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
Shell does, albeit across the pond, it could be their test bed. Seems for the US they are working on something since they purchased Greenlots: https://greenlots.com/greenlots-ann...l-one-of-the-worlds-leading-energy-providers/

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Nothing like that here. The Bof A thing means that All I have to do is find one and I am good assuming they are in all of them which is likely not the case. I hope the navigation maps are kept up to date so that if traveling you get the right one. Tesla mapping also tells you how many stalls are open. I hope say EV America does the same thing. Hate to pull up and find out it is full and you have a 45 minute wait.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
While the addition of chargers is most welcome electrify America needs to sort out the daft pay by the minute billing method used in some states as in a lot of cases it works out a lot more than filling up at the pump. With charging rates based on numerous variables such as battery temperature and current charge state, with time based you are going to end up having wildly different price ranges for the same amount of kwh way beyond the normal fluctuation in pump prices.

Charge per kwh you dummies, it is bad enough having to faff around with various apps and services to charge a BEV, you want to make the transition from ICE to BEV as seamless as possible, people don't pay based on how long they are standing at a fuel pump or need to have signed up to a myriad of services to fill up,

EyeOnMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X. Prev: Restored a 67 Mustang convertible
Country flag
Totally agree and they have been for a while now. Takes time just like with EA and other charging networks. Plenty of articles and information on the internet. Here's a sampling ...

electrek.co -
"Chevron starts deploying EV charging stations at its gas stations"
"Gas station removes gas pumps to make space for electric car-charging stations"
"Shell says it will start installing electric vehicle chargers at its gas stations this year (2017)"

Shell.us
"SHELL RECHARGEPLUS: MANAGED SMART CHARGING FOR ELECTRIC VEHICLES"

schmluss

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
They have already installed some at the BofA in Glendale on San Fernando Road. I’ll have to check to see if they are on. I haven’t been over there for a few weeks.

I don’t think that they expect bank customers to use them. I think it was a quick way to get a master agreement together to deploy many faster chargers rather than deal with other non corporate companies. Most gas stations are franchised, meaning individual contracts for each location.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Totally agree and they have been for a while now. Takes time just like with EA and other charging networks. Plenty of articles and information on the internet. Here's a sampling ...

electrek.co -
"Chevron starts deploying EV charging stations at its gas stations"
"Gas station removes gas pumps to make space for electric car-charging stations"
"Shell says it will start installing electric vehicle chargers at its gas stations this year (2017)"

Shell.us
"SHELL RECHARGEPLUS: MANAGED SMART CHARGING FOR ELECTRIC VEHICLES"
Thank you!!!! that was great reading. Sounds like it will be many years before one can associate charging with gas stations
Sponsored