RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
https://media.electrifyamerica.com/en-us/releases/191

IKEA U.S. and Electrify America announce collaboration for ultra-fast public and fleet charging at over 25 IKEA retail locations

Ford Mustang Mach-E Electrify America will install ultrafast EV chargers at over 25 IKEA US locations Small-914-IKEAU.S.andElectrifyAmericaannouncecollaborationforultra-fastpublicandfleetcharginga

August 11, 2022

IKEA U.S. will quadruple its total number of electric vehicle chargers, a big step toward the IKEA global circular and climate positive goals

Conshohocken, PA – August 11, 2022 – To help reach the IKEA ambition to become a circular and climate positive business by 2030, IKEA U.S. today announced a collaboration with Electrify America and Electrify Commercial to bring ultra-fast public charging stations and delivery fleet electric vehicle (EV) charging to over 25 IKEA retail locations throughout the U.S. This joint effort will enable IKEA U.S. to quadruple its total number of EV chargers, which supports the goal of achieving zero-emission home deliveries by 2025 and halving relative emissions from customer and co-worker travel by 2030.

“At IKEA, we believe that we must work together with our partners to tackle climate change and create solutions for a greener future. This collaboration with Electrify America will not only bring ultra-fast public chargers to our stores for the first time but it will also help us take a big leap as we work towards our targets to become circular and climate positive,” said Javier Quiñones, CEO & Chief Sustainability Officer, IKEA U.S. “We look forward to continuing to innovate around new ways we can make our everyday lives more sustainable.”

In total, there will be more than 200 individual ultra-fast chargers offering the fastest charging speeds available today – 150kW to 350kW – at IKEA retail locations in 18 states including in Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Virginia and Washington. The first locations are expected to open in late 2022 and be completed by the end of 2023.

For its EV delivery fleet, IKEA selected Electrify Commercial, Electrify America’s business unit designed to help deliver turnkey electric vehicle charging solutions, to provide more than 225 individual chargers across the sites. This is the first time Electrify America and Electrify Commercial are installing both public and fleet chargers at the same time for a project.

“We are excited to establish both public and commercial fleet charging stations with IKEA – a brand that shares our goal of a more sustainable future,” said Giovanni Palazzo, president and CEO of Electrify America. “Through this collaboration, Electrify America, Electrify Commercial and IKEA U.S. are leading a path forward for customers and businesses toward zero-emission transportation.”

Since opening its first charging station in May 2018, Electrify America has set a rapid pace for its network expansion, opening an average of nearly four stations per week. Currently, Electrify America has more than 800 stations and 3,500 individual chargers open with plans to expand to 1,800 charging stations comprised of 10,000 individual chargers in the United States and Canada by 2026.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Regulus7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
993 C4 Cab, Macan S, SantaFe, Ice Blue MME GT
Occupation
Money Manager
Country flag
Yet another dumb idea. People use gas stations to fill up because they are going from point A to Point B. Hence gas stations are all located on busy routes. Ummm does Best Buy have gas stations ? C’Mon people!! Seriously. Fast chargers are needed along major arteries and ideally places people can get a bite to eat or go to the bathroom. Let’s take a poll here… how many times a year does anyone here go to ikea? Personally I have not been to an ikea in over 10 years and I have no plans to go. I know why they make these decisions becuse ikea will subsidize
Some of the cost. But it’s not smart or efficient. And it will continue to frustrate EV drivers who have to divert to some IKEA 20-30 mins off their planned route to charge.

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
Yet another dumb idea. People use gas stations to fill up because they are going from point A to Point B. Hence gas stations are all located on busy routes. Ummm does Best Buy have gas stations ? C’Mon people!! Seriously. Fast chargers are needed along major arteries and ideally places people can get a bite to eat or go to the bathroom. Let’s take a poll here… how many times a year does anyone here go to ikea? Personally I have not been to an ikea in over 10 years and I have no plans to go. I know why they make these decisions becuse ikea will subsidize
Some of the cost. But it’s not smart or efficient. And it will continue to frustrate EV drivers who have to divert to some IKEA 20-30 mins off their planned route to charge.
Who pissed in your cereal this morning?

There are quite a few Ikeas that are just off the highway - in fact, looking at Google Maps, I can't find an Ikea that isn't near a highway, at least in the states mentioned in the article. I don't know if your "money manager" status has you thumbing your nose at people who visit Ikea, but I can tell you it'd be great to have DCFCs at the Ikea locations near me, and I certainly wouldn't mind stopping by to get some meatballs while filling up.

Last edited:

jchaase

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT, 2011 Taurus SHO
Country flag
This would be great if they get it at the ikea near Minneapolis airport. Hoping it’s done soon!

rcechinel

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Last edited:

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Sounds like someone doesn’t like meatballs

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Who pissed in your cereal this morning?

There are quite a few Ikeas that are just off the highway - in fact, looking at Google Maps, I can't find an Ikea that isn't near a highway, at least in the states mentioned in the article. I don't know if your "money manager" status has you thumbing your nose at people who visit Ikea, but I can tell you it'd be great to have DCFCs at the Ikea locations near me, and I certainly wouldn't mind stopping by to get some meatballs while filling up.
Yeah all the IKEA in Tampa and Orlando are off major interstates

Engelbert

First Name
Engelbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium XR AWD
Country flag
There are quite a few Ikeas that are just off the highway - in fact, looking at Google Maps, I can't find an Ikea that isn't near a highway, at least in the states mentioned in the article. I don't know if your "money manager" status has you thumbing your nose at people who visit Ikea, but I can tell you it'd be a great to have DCFCs at the Ikea locations near me, and I certainly wouldn't mind stopping by to get some meatballs while filling up.
^^^ This, right here.

TONS of people go to IKEA, an increasing number of whom drive EVs. Apartment dwellers who in many cases lack at-home charging options; homeowners who are fine with what may be an hourlong drive in each direction for flat pack furniture and maybe a charge top off; and now people driving through on the local major highways, who will need to charge at some point and may appreciate fully indoor small-item retail browsing, snacks, restrooms, and a half-decent lunch or dinner in a familiar setting.

Is it that so different from charging at Wal-Mart, except that IKEA is substantially nicer? Given the current median customer demographic for EVs, IKEA is probably the better place to expect drivers to actually want to spend 20-30 minutes.

Charging + something to do + convenient location = likely a good idea.

And adding more banks of level 3 chargers to the metro areas where most IKEAS are located is only a good thing.

Last edited:

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Electrify America will install ultrafast EV chargers at over 25 IKEA US locations donald-glover-good

Minnesota needs all the help that it can get. The capital city's (St. Paul) only two non-tesla DC Fast chargers have been broken for months.

Level 2 everywhere. Fast level 3 in one outlying suburb only. It's a complete joke.

EA and IKEA, please continue to be awesome 😎

swemme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Country flag
Interesting reaction. A complaint when a company commit to help boost the amount of fast chargers. :)

I see complaints on the forum that there should be more chargers as the amount of EVs grow. Here is someone that help all on that goal and probably have the land needed. Comments like, I don’t like the meet balls, they do not exist where I want them to be and do I have to build them before charging makes me wonder how people think. I do like the thought of nicer chargers with some Swedish design (what ever that means).
Sponsored