OP
RickMachE

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
That's another reason I prefer road-trip routes being the priority for EA.
I previously posted 3 random locations of IKEA stores. All were on roadtrip routes.

People seem to miss that this announcement is two-fold - IKEA is on a mission to convert their delivery fleet to EVs, so they need charging. They are installing 225 FLEET CHARGERS and more than 200 consumer chargers.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/newsroom...ublic-and-fleet-charging-stations-pubbe485af0

In total, there will be more than 200 individual ultra-fast chargers offering the fastest charging speeds available today – 150kW to 350kW – at IKEA retail locations in 18 states including in Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Washington. The first locations are expected to open in late 2022 and be completed by the end of 2023.

For its EV delivery fleet, IKEA selected Electrify Commercial, Electrify America’s business unit designed to help deliver turnkey electric vehicle charging solutions, to provide more than 225 individual chargers across the sites. This is the first time Electrify America and Electrify Commercial are installing both public and fleet chargers at the same time for a project.
Sponsored

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Most of the between-cities EA stations are right off the highway (within a few blocks, anyway).
Although that is *sometimes* true, most of my recent travel experience has me driving at least a couple of miles off the interstate, at least 5 minutes in each direction, to reach the EA station. Then, I have to hope it isn't a Sam's Club (I'm not a member), as I hate having to beg to use their bathroom.

I actually really like the Sheetz charging locations (mostly in Ohio, Pennsylvania, and areas to the south). They're generally close to the highway and you're charging at a gas station with access to all the amenities. I wish more charging locations were modeled after Sheetz.

This makes me hope that Shell, BP, and other key national fuel brands open up DCFCs at their facilities, whether it's their own hardware or EA's.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Although that is *sometimes* true, most of my recent travel experience has me driving at least a couple of miles off the interstate, at least 5 minutes in each direction, to reach the EA station. Then, I have to hope it isn't a Sam's Club (I'm not a member), as I hate having to beg to use their bathroom.

I actually really like the Sheetz charging locations (mostly in Ohio, Pennsylvania, and areas to the south). They're generally close to the highway and you're charging at a gas station with access to all the amenities. I wish more charging locations were modeled after Sheetz.

This makes me hope that Shell, BP, and other key national fuel brands open up DCFCs at their facilities, whether it's their own hardware or EA's.
That's unfortunate. I've used about 30 different EA stations in 6 states thru the Southwest, and only one was more than a mile off the interstate. The one in Grand Junction CO is about 10 minutes off I-70 which is the furthest we've seen. We've used that one about 10 times now on various road trips. All the rest have been within a mile, and usually just a couple of blocks.

But some areas have better locations than others, no doubt.
Sponsored