TheSeg

First Name
Seg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
seg.fyi
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium EB-RWD (Built: Feb 2021)
Country flag
This is a great thing! When complete, you can add IKEA on a road trips for a more reliable charging station on the road.

I wonder what happens to the Blink chargers IKEAcurrently have a deal with. They're strictly Level 2, but will they replace (be rid of) Blink with this deal? I don't know how many locations had Blink, just that Emeryville, Sacramento, and Palo Alto do.

For its EV delivery fleet, IKEA selected Electrify Commercial, Electrify America’s business unit designed to help deliver turnkey electric vehicle charging solutions, to provide more than 225 individual chargers across the sites. This is the first time Electrify America and Electrify Commercial are installing both public and fleet chargers at the same time for a project.
Did I miss IKEA making an announcement that the delivery fleet is going EV? Because that's also a huge deal. Quite frankly I'm more excited about the business side going EV than making consumer chargers available, and I'm excited for that too!
Sponsored

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Each charger will be constructed of a Billy bookcase with multiple chargispluggers. Swedish meatball and gravy dispensers will be available directly on the charger.

I am so in! Oh wait, no Indiana. Darn it. Great news though.

Wingman335

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Cruiser 200, FJ Cruiser, BMW M3
Country flag
This is great- most of the Ikeas in Texas are right off of highways- I can easily jump off the highway, plug in, walk around Ikea, grab some meatballs, use the restroom, buy a fake plant if I want and come back to a charged car.

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
The IKEA in Stoughton, MA already has Chargepoint Level 2 EVSEs. It looks like they were installed in May from the PlugShare Checkins.

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Yeah all the IKEA in Tampa and Orlando are off major interstates
I don't know about that. I only speak to Tampa bc I live here, but if you're traveling down or up 75, diverting to the Selmon Cross Town to get to Ikea seems like a somewhat large divergence from your route.

Same thing in Jacksonville if you route doesn't have you going south or north on interstate 295, but slightly more convenient that the Ikea in Tampa.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I don't know about that. I only speak to Tampa bc I live here, but if you're traveling down or up 75, diverting to the Selmon Cross Town to get to Ikea seems like a somewhat large divergence from your route.

Same thing in Jacksonville if you route doesn't have you going south or north on interstate 295, but slightly more convenient that the Ikea in Tampa.
It's actually not too bad if you're coming from somewhere like Daytona and need to charge, we need more EA chargers around here.

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
It's actually not too bad if you're coming from somewhere like Daytona and need to charge, we need more EA chargers around here.
Ugh EA. We definitely need more level 3 here. You have EA up there in New Tampa, but the lack of level 3 EvGo stations is sad.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ugh EA. We definitely need more level 3 here. You have EA up there in New Tampa, but the lack of level 3 EvGo stations is sad.
Yeah, we need just more DCFC in general. Pinellas basically has zero except for Tesla. The greenlots DCFC are only 50kw, so those don't really count.

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Yeah, we need just more DCFC in general. Pinellas basically has zero except for Tesla. The greenlots DCFC are only 50kw, so those don't really count.
Exactly. There's more DCFC in Jax than there is here, which is good travelers. When I drive up to Jax, I can hit that nice EvGo station on Normandy Blvd after coming off of 301. And Blink is supposed to build a 4 stall DCFC station on I-10 in Jax near Telsa's supercharge station on I-10. And then there is the EA in south Jax at the Avenues Mall right of 95. You would think that we'd have a nice 8 stall DCFC station on I-4 as you're leaving or coming into Tampa, but sadly we don't.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Exactly. There's more DCFC in Jax than there is here, which is good travelers. When I drive up to Jax, I can hit that nice EvGo station on Normandy Blvd after coming off of 301. And Blink is supposed to build a 4 stall DCFC station on I-10 in Jax near Telsa's supercharge station on I-10. And then there is the EA in south Jax at the Avenues Mall right of 95. You would think that we'd have a nice 8 stall DCFC station on I-4 as you're leaving or coming into Tampa, but sadly we don't.
I drove up to Savannah a couple weeks ago and I hit Gainesville and Brunswick EA without issue. I mainly did that instead of Normandy EVGo cause I still had EA credits to use. How nice is the area around the Normandy station? Looks like it's just in a Winn-Dixie parking lot? The Gainesville EA is at a Target which is very nice.

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I drove up to Savannah a couple weeks ago and I hit Gainesville and Brunswick EA without issue. I mainly did that instead of Normandy EVGo cause I still had EA credits to use. How nice is the area around the Normandy station? Looks like it's just in a Winn-Dixie parking lot? The Gainesville EA is at a Target which is very nice.
The area around the Normandy Blvd EvGO station isn't bad. There's a Winn-Dixie that I go into if I need to pick something up to take to my mother's house. She lives 5 mins away from the EvGo station. There's also a Popeye's Chicken...Publix is 2 blocks down and there is a Chinese restaurant and sub sandwich restaurant in the Publix plaza, which is only like a 4 min walk.

I still need to use my EA credits, but I find that I don't really need to charge when I drive back to Riverview from Jax. I'll probably stop at the EA in New Tampa on my back from my next trip up to Jax. I stopped at the EA in New Tampa once, during Memorial Day weekend, but that was it.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The area around the Normandy Blvd EvGO station isn't bad. There's a Winn-Dixie that I go into if I need to pick something up to take to my mother's house. She lives 5 mins away from the EvGo station. There's also a Popeye's Chicken...Publix is 2 blocks down and there is a Chinese restaurant and sub sandwich restaurant in the Publix plaza, which is only like a 4 min walk.

I still need to use my EA credits, but I find that I don't really need to charge when I drive back to Riverview from Jax. I'll probably stop at the EA in New Tampa on my back from my next trip up to Jax. I stopped at the EA in New Tampa once, during Memorial Day weekend, but that was it.
Yeah you’ve got a bit less further to go than over here near St. Pete

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Yeah you’ve got a bit less further to go than over here near St. Pete
Ahhh yes this true. Which makes the lack of DCFC in Pinellas on any of the main thoroughfares that head into Pinellas from Hillsborough even worse for you all that start and end your journeys in Pinellas.

dp-mache

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Soon to be Mach-E GT
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Level2 would probably be good enough in IKEA given how long my wife spends in there.

More Electrify America spots the better, but I do prefer the EvGo / Chevy deal with Pilot model better. I find myself a little sad when I sit in a parking lot to charge then drive to a gas station to get a soda.
Sponsored