SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Heavy eyeroll at "ultrafast" being using in the article title....sounds like it's the same chargers they install everywhere. If so, the title should be "Most Broken or Bricked EV Chargers...."
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Ahhh yes this true. Which makes the lack of DCFC in Pinellas on any of the main thoroughfares that head into Pinellas from Hillsborough even worse for you all that start and end your journeys in Pinellas.
Luckily have an extended range battery, but yeah, it would be more annoying with the standard and an AWD. I get around 300 miles though, I drive to Daytona every now and then and they have an abundance of DCFC and I only have to charge to 80% there to get back

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
New excuse to eat some Swedish meatballs in their cafe and buy that Scandinavian bulk candy.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
More DCFC locations is great news.

I hope they put these as far from the front door as possible to minimize people parking in them but not charging.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It's actually not too bad if you're coming from somewhere like Daytona and need to charge, we need more EA chargers around here.
I don't know how Daytona got all those EV chargers installed within a 5 mile radius.. you have EA Ormond, EVGo and FPL evolution next to the Speedway, Tesla Superchargers at a Target across the Speedway and a new SC at Buc-ee's coming soon.

If every city was like that.. there would be zero range anxiety.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I don't know how Daytona got all those EV chargers installed within a 5 mile radius.. you have EA Ormond, EVGo and FPL evolution next to the Speedway, Tesla Superchargers at a Target across the Speedway and a new SC at Buc-ee's coming soon.

If every city was like that.. there would be zero range anxiety.
Yeah man, my mom lives in Daytona so I have zero worries about finding a charge around there. The FPL stations are right next to the hotel I usually stay at too. With tons of nice restaurants in the same complex.

Triggerhappy007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium VB & 22 Select GB
Country flag
This is great- most of the Ikeas in Texas are right off of highways- I can easily jump off the highway, plug in, walk around Ikea, grab some meatballs, use the restroom, buy a fake plant if I want and come back to a charged car.
This would be great in the DFW area. We need higher speed chargers in North Dallas and between Dallas and Fort Worth.

RafalCOM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Yet another dumb idea. People use gas stations to fill up because they are going from point A to Point B. Hence gas stations are all located on busy routes. Ummm does Best Buy have gas stations ? Cā€™Mon people!! Seriously. Fast chargers are needed along major arteries and ideally places people can get a bite to eat or go to the bathroom. Letā€™s take a poll hereā€¦ how many times a year does anyone here go to ikea? Personally I have not been to an ikea in over 10 years and I have no plans to go. I know why they make these decisions becuse ikea will subsidize
Some of the cost. But itā€™s not smart or efficient. And it will continue to frustrate EV drivers who have to divert to some IKEA 20-30 mins off their planned route to charge.
Why would anyone complain about more chargers? IKEA has a need for them for their fleet and decided to put some for public as well. It's not like there is a number of allowed charges installed per year and it would stop installing one where you want it.
Plus I would always prefer to stop at IKEA than in Walmart as their food is edible.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Looks like just next to 4 and much closer than an existing Electrify America.

1660329084820.png
Have you visited that area? It can take 15mins just to exit onto Millenia Blvd on a weekend afternoon with the traffic. The mall and area around it is one of the few ā€œupscaleā€ shopping areas in the city.

For some reason they built a Supercharger on the north side on Millenia Blvd next the Super Target. Itā€™s not tourist hell but close to it.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Well, the Ikea nearest where I live is closer to the freeway than any of the L3 stations I know of nearby. I guess thatā€™s a good thing for road trippers here. šŸ˜ŠšŸ©

Regulus7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
993 C4 Cab, Macan S, SantaFe, Ice Blue MME GT
Occupation
Money Manager
Country flag
Why would anyone complain about more chargers? IKEA has a need for them for their fleet and decided to put some for public as well. It's not like there is a number of allowed charges installed per year and it would stop installing one where you want it.
Plus I would always prefer to stop at IKEA than in Walmart as their food is edible.
Sure more chargers is better than fewer. That was never my rant. Rather itā€™s the location - specifically the fact that where chargers are more needed is on the major hiways and ideally at rest
Stops to facilitate longer distance traveling. I charge 90% of the time at home or at work. Sometimes I go to Whole Foods and there are chargers there but I have never needed to charge. But what made me get rid of my other BEV for yet another ICE was primarily because of the poor location of EA chargers. I donā€™t mean to bash Ikea. I donā€™t shop or frequent it but my argument was about the need to place chargers along major hiways which for longer distance driving is essential for EV adoption.

RafalCOM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Sure more chargers is better than fewer. That was never my rant. Rather itā€™s the location - specifically the fact that where chargers are more needed is on the major hiways and ideally at rest
Stops to facilitate longer distance traveling. I charge 90% of the time at home or at work. Sometimes I go to Whole Foods and there are chargers there but I have never needed to charge. But what made me get rid of my other BEV for yet another ICE was primarily because of the poor location of EA chargers. I donā€™t mean to bash Ikea. I donā€™t shop or frequent it but my argument was about the need to place chargers along major hiways which for longer distance driving is essential for EV adoption.
So let's take a small win with IKEA and hope for more chargers at other locations. I'd love to see charging stops along all highways with some coffee shops and decent food at a nice place to sit and relax for a bit. I think these are coming but probably not this year.
I hate Walmart chargers and would pick IKEA any time I could.
Sponsored