Elon Musk Makes Deal To Buy Twitter

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Oddly I have not been asked to accept any new rules and my Twitter account is exactly as it was before the acquisition. What exactly are the changes you refer to in your post?
Verified users.. new costs and other fun stuff.
Sponsored

OP
OP
nvabill

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
Verified users.. new costs and other fun stuff.
Interesting I thought Twitter always had verified accounts. Do you get some kind of notification as my account has gotten nothing?

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting I thought Twitter always had verified accounts. Do you get some kind of notification as my account has gotten nothing?
It's mostly for content creators or news people/orgs

OP
OP
nvabill

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

AlexRaven

First Name
Alexandra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RWD SR cyber-orange
Country flag
maybe something todo with EU laws ... idk ... I am quite happy with Mastodon so far. A bit like in the old days when changing brands of cars, knobs and dials on other places than they used to be. Or finding revers without reading the manual (pushing the stick, or lifting the ring, or ...

AlexRaven

First Name
Alexandra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RWD SR cyber-orange
Country flag
It doesn't look like it is too complicated. I just don't know if I could justify the cost of setting one up and make the commitment to keep it running indefinitely. The example I saw was about $40 per month for up to 500 users.

I setup a Mach-E Discord server and a sorta Mach-E version of FB last year. Neither one has really taken off.
Dont get me wrong - the idea was not an order for you to take care ;-) I created a Discord server once for our SWGOH guild ... know exactly how you feel.
As I didn't find any server EV related, it might be a good idea - there are others in the twitter bubble with homepages, podcasts, etc .. thought one of them might add a mastodon server to their existing setup. But i don't know if e.g. Brandan or the Insideev crew is here on the Mach-E forum. I might try to get a hold of Domenik again in the insideev forum.

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
Hey Ford, Go hire all those programmers that just left twitter and quit. Open a west coast office so they don't have to move to Detroit.

OP
OP
nvabill

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hey Ford, Go hire all those programmers that just left twitter and quit. Open a west coast office so they don't have to move to Detroit.
Ford is trimming the fat not adding more!

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Trimming the fat... good term, but what is it called when a company lays off half its workforce in one day, then loses another 1/3 to voluntary layoffs a week later?

OP
OP
nvabill

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Trimming the fat... good term, but what is it called when a company lays off half its workforce in one day, then loses another 1/3 to voluntary layoffs a week later?
A transition.
Sponsored