Elon Musk Makes Deal To Buy Twitter

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
As of now, to best of my knowledge, no money has changed hands and Twitter's many flaws have been exposed, hence, free.
I forgot about the magnanimous nature of banks. They love to underwrite massive billion dollar financing packages without charging any fees! And of course contact law, well that should be called contract suggestions....
Sponsored

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
As of now, to best of my knowledge, no money has changed hands and Twitter's many flaws have been exposed, hence, free.
What Twitter flaws have been newly exposed? I thought its flaws were well-known a year ago.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interestingly, since he announced his unsolicited offer and now is trying weasel his way out, Twitter's market cap has dropped 17% while Tesla has dropped 29%...

OP
OP
nvabill

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
I forgot about the magnanimous nature of banks. They love to underwrite massive billion dollar financing packages without charging any fees! And of course contact law, well that should be called contract suggestions....
Iā€™m not saying he wonā€™t end up paying in the end but as of now to my knowledge he hasnā€™t. At least thatā€™s my understanding but if you have knowledge of moneys paid so far I would love to know about them.

OP
OP
nvabill

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interestingly, since he announced his unsolicited offer and now is trying weasel his way out, Twitter's market cap has dropped 17% while Tesla has dropped 29%...
Interestingly that seems to be the case with a great deal of companyā€™s stock values.

OP
OP
nvabill

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interestingly that seems to be the case with a great deal of companyā€™s stock values.
Yup, Ford and Meta are down 23% in that same period. So Tesla fared worse then it's competitor while Twitter fared better than it's competitor. Interesting because one might assume if "flaws" were exposed in Twitter, that should be reflected in the stock price.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OP
OP
nvabill

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Darn paywall, cannot read it myself. How many bots are there?
Odd, I donā€™t have a subscription, should be free to all. šŸ¤”

OP
OP
nvabill

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yup, Ford and Meta are down 23% in that same period. So Tesla fared worse then it's competitor while Twitter fared better than it's competitor. Interesting because one might assume if "flaws" were exposed in Twitter, that should be reflected in the stock price.
I donā€™t assume but if you have a majic look into the stock market please share.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Iā€™m not saying he wonā€™t end up paying in the end but as of now to my knowledge he hasnā€™t. At least thatā€™s my understanding but if you have knowledge of moneys paid so far I would love to know about them.
Unfortunately I am not privy to the underwriting fees charged by JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs for underwriting $13 billion loans, but I'll go out on a limb and say it's probably not "free".

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
It appears many more have come to light with this deal including the number of fake accounts and bots. Iā€™m by no means an expert but thatā€™s been my take on it.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/11/technology/elon-musk-twitter-damaged.amp.html
I don't know how he "exposed" that by making the takeover offer. He (and others) have complained for awhile about bots. It has been talked about extensively during the election in 2020. Nothing is new. Elon and Twitter debated over how bots there are and nothing conclusive was determined which is the reason he is abandoning the deal. If they can't agree on who is right, that means we don't know who is right.

He also complained about their "censorship" and nothing really new was learned about that. That has also been discussed extensively. The only difference is that those discussions were covered by bigger media sources.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I don't know how he "exposed" that by making the takeover offer. He (and others) have complained for awhile about bots. It has been talked about extensively during the election in 2020. Nothing is new.
Yeah. The only new information is that Musk is a dishonest whiner who'll try to weasel out of a deal if he feels like it.

Oh, wait - we knew that already, too!

OP
OP
nvabill

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Unfortunately I am not privy to the underwriting fees charged by JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs for underwriting $13 billion loans, but I'll go out on a limb and say it's probably not "free".
And although that may be the case, at this point in time it is conjecture, only time will tell the outcome in all this.

OP
OP
nvabill

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't know how he "exposed" that by making the takeover offer. He (and others) have complained for awhile about bots. It has been talked about extensively during the election in 2020. Nothing is new. Elon and Twitter debated over how bots there are and nothing conclusive was determined which is the reason he is abandoning the deal. If they can't agree on who is right, that means we don't know who is right.

He also complained about their "censorship" and nothing really new was learned about that. That has also been discussed extensively. The only difference is that those discussions were covered by bigger media sources.
My understanding is Twitter has not been forthcoming with the information Musk asked for and if or when they sue him to complete the deal then discovery will compel them to be more transparent with this information.
Sponsored