nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
Yeah. The only new information is that Musk is a dishonest whiner who'll try to weasel out of a deal if he feels like it.

Oh, wait - we knew that already, too!
Interesting perspective on your part, I'm going out on a limb here and guessing maybe you don't like Elon Musk much so anything he does would be in the negative column for you. šŸ¤”
Sponsored

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
My understanding is Twitter has not been forthcoming with the information Musk asked for and if or when they sue him to complete the deal then discovery will compel them to be more transparent with this information.
Not really. In the filing for the lawsuit, they already said they gave him the data he requested via a "firehouse." There are ways to go to court and not expose your trade secrets. This happens all the time. Google, Apple, Oracle, and even Tesla have had lawsuits involving their trade secrets without revealing those trade secrets to the public.

OP
OP
nvabill

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not really. In the filing for the lawsuit, they already said they gave him the data he requested via a "firehouse." There are ways to go to court and not expose your trade secrets. This happens all the time. Google, Apple, Oracle, and even Tesla have had lawsuits involving their trade secrets without revealing those trade secrets to the public.
Gotcha, it will definitely be interesting to see the final outcome in all of this.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Interesting perspective on your part, I'm going out on a limb here and guessing maybe you don't like Elon Musk much so anything he does would be in the negative column for you. šŸ¤”
Never met the man.

When someone makes a deal, signs a contract, and then makes excuses to renege - do you put that in the positive column?

OP
OP
nvabill

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Never met the man.

When someone makes a deal, signs a contract, and then makes excuses to renege - do you put that in the positive column?
On face value, definitely not, but, I'm not privy to all the inner workings on this deal so I will reserve judgement for now. As I've stated earlier it will be interesting to see how all this shakes out in our legal system.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
My understanding is Twitter has not been forthcoming with the information Musk asked for and if or when they sue him to complete the deal then discovery will compel them to be more transparent with this information.
The issue is, why would Twitter need to be forthcoming about anything that he wanted? He made the unsolicited offer to Twitter. If he had concerns about the deal he was responsible to either do the research first, before the offer, or to include conditions in the offer.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And although that may be the case, at this point in time it is conjecture, only time will tell the outcome in all this.
Luckily we have a preliminary hearing on this coming Tuesday so it shouldn't be too much time.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I donā€™t assume but if you have a majic look into the stock market please share.
I have no "magic" view into the future of the market. I do have a basic understanding of "efficient market hypothesis". So if "flaws" are exposed, these should be reflected in the stock price, driving it down. Instead, during the time of the alleged "flaws" coming to light, the stock prices outperformed others in the same sector.

OP
OP
nvabill

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The issue is, why would Twitter need to be forthcoming about anything that he wanted? He made the unsolicited offer to Twitter. If he had concerns about the deal he was responsible to either do the research first, before the offer, or to include conditions in the offer.
I have no "magic" view into the future of the market. I do have a basic understanding of "efficient market hypothesis". So if "flaws" are exposed, these should be reflected in the stock price, driving it down. Instead, during the time of the alleged "flaws" coming to light, the stock prices outperformed others in the same sector.
Luckily we have a preliminary hearing on this coming Tuesday so it shouldn't be too much time.
Ok, you guys are literally wearing me out with all the comments, I give up, whatever you say is fine, my post was just a joke! :rolleyes:

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Why?

OP
OP
nvabill

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OP
OP
nvabill

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Shaping up to be a good show, can't wait to see how this turns out.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Best responses to the Musk counter claims

"Twitter avers that the Musk Parties declined to undertake any due diligence prior to signing the Merger Agreement."

And

"Muskā€™s ā€œpreliminary expert estimatesā€ are nothing more than the output of running the wrong data through a generic web tool. ... Confirming the unreliability of Muskā€™s conclusion, he relies on an internet application called the ā€œBotometerā€ā€” which applies different standards than Twitter does and which earlier this year designated Musk himself as highly likely to be a bot."

*Bold emphasis added by me...

OP
OP
nvabill

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Best responses to the Musk counter claims

"Twitter avers that the Musk Parties declined to undertake any due diligence prior to signing the Merger Agreement."

And

"Muskā€™s ā€œpreliminary expert estimatesā€ are nothing more than the output of running the wrong data through a generic web tool. ... Confirming the unreliability of Muskā€™s conclusion, he relies on an internet application called the ā€œBotometerā€ā€” which applies different standards than Twitter does and which earlier this year designated Musk himself as highly likely to be a bot."

*Bold emphasis added by me...
Do you have a link where you are quoting from, love to read in its entirety?