First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT, Taurus, C-MAX Energi, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
All,

From what has been reported, the embargo on the MME reviews ends tomorrow, December 15th. Not sure if that means the reviews go live *on* the 15th, or only *after* the 15th, and whether there's a time zone as well, but start watching the streams and blogs! {Jonathan}
Sponsored

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Should be 6AM EST, per comment from @OutofSpecKyle on one of his videos.

I imagine a lot of them will have their content ready to go live shortly after that time, but I'm sure videos/written reviews will be going live throughout the day.

Blinkin

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 FoST
Country flag
Yep, 6AM EST. I fully expect a bunch of full videos to drop at 6AM sharp. Given that Alex on Autos (for example) already published his non-driving video, there's no reason to think that the driving video won't be ready to go tomorrow morning.

Dmcerm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Expedition EL, 2012 Mustang GT, 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis, 13 year owner/operator 1983 DeLorean DMC-12 - sold Nov. 2014
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Yes!
Can't wait!
Of course, I thought last week when the Out of Spec guy said about the embargo lifting, I thought he said today, Monday at 6am, so I was a tad disappointed to not see anything drop but I'll just be doubly ready for tomorrow then!
Thanks for the update!

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
yeah you can have your video all queued up and tell youtube to publish it at a specific date/time.

Its pretty slick.

Blinkin

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 FoST
Country flag
In the interest of stimulating discussion....whose video or review are you planning to watch or read first (assuming it drops as soon as the embargo lifts)? For me it'll be Doug Demuro and Alex on Autos. I expect them to be on top of it and have videos go live almost immediately.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
In the interest of stimulating discussion....whose video or review are you planning to watch or read first (assuming it drops as soon as the embargo lifts)? For me it'll be Doug Demuro and Alex on Autos. I expect them to be on top of it and have videos go live almost immediately.
For me, I'll first read/watch @OutofSpecKyle and Alex on Autos.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
There was a woman in a video on one of these threads driving it which I assume was an embargo breach?

OP
OP
JonathanEzor

JonathanEzor

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT, Taurus, C-MAX Energi, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
I'd love to get Fully Charged, Jonny Smith and Inside EVs (US and/or UK), since they really know EVs. {Jonathan}

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Does anyone understand why the embargo in the first place? Why is 12/15 the "special" date? Seems kinda random.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Kyle with Out of Spec, will have some great info. Many journalist only spent a couple of hours with the Mach-E. He's one of the few that got to spend the whole day in the car.

P.S. Kyle and I coordinated on an interview video that will also be released after the embargo is lifted tomorrow morning. Look for it on My YouTube channel and of course, I will post it here as well.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Does anyone understand why the embargo in the first place? Why is 12/15 the "special" date? Seems kinda random.
yes. The embargo is to allow journalists to all have the chance to see and drive the cars and then write correct and comprehensive reviews. Otherwise, they'd all rush to be the first to publish and the reviews would be crappy.

The 15th was likely chosen when the expectation that shipping was to start the week of nov 23rd - it probably coincided with the first cars hitting dealerships.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
It's done for two reasons:
1) to give all of the journalist an equal opportunity to get a review out. If you schedule one reviewer first, the other reviewers are at a disadvantage.
2) I'm sure Ford wants a big "splash" of coverage. They want it to hit all the outlets at the same time.

As for the 15th, I'm sure there were some strategic reasons for that, Maybe Tuesdays are good days for stuff like this, but next Tuesday would be bad because it is Christmas week.

Blinkin

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 FoST
Country flag
It's been covered before, but tl;dr is this: it's standard practice in the industry because it allows multiple reviewers to have substantial time with a limited number of press cars without showing undue "favoritism." Think about it, there was a press event in Detroit over a week before the LA press event. The same cars were used in both events. Without an embargo, the Detroit journalists would have the unfair advantage of being able to publish a week early.

The only other way would be to give a huge number of cars out at the same time, and we as customers don't want cars going to anyone other than ourselves unless it's necessary.
Sponsored