Embargo lifted! Discuss the Mach-E first drive videos/articles HERE

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
I doubt it has to do with the cyber engine noise (though you can easily disable it separate from the driving mode if you want), probably has to do with the instant acceleration that defines sporty EVs driven aggressively. Passengers can't anticipate sudden movements like the driver can.
I get sick in just about any manual-transmission car. Too jerky.
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I get sick in just about any manual-transmission car. Too jerky.
bUt rEaL cAr PeOpLe OnLy LiKe MaNuAlS! (*)

(*) I bought a 5-speed for my Mustang because the 4-speed auto at the time was really bad, not because I really wanted a stick. In fact, it's the car I learned to drive a stick on. Driving a stick in Europe earlier this year in city traffic reminded me that manuals are idiotically overrated in 2020, and this is a hill I will die on. The automatic Mustang GT is faster than the manual, so it's not even an enthusiast thing now - it's an "old people doing old people things" situation.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Embargo lifted! Discuss the Mach-E first drive videos/articles HERE auto

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
bUt rEaL cAr PeOpLe OnLy LiKe MaNuAlS! (*)

(*) I bought a 5-speed for my Mustang because the 4-speed auto at the time was really bad, not because I really wanted a stick. In fact, it's the car I learned to drive a stick on. Driving a stick in Europe earlier this year in city traffic reminded me that manuals are idiotically overrated in 2020, and this is a hill I will die on. The automatic Mustang GT is faster than the manual, so it's not even an enthusiast thing now - it's an "old people doing old people things" situation.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Embargo lifted! Discuss the Mach-E first drive videos/articles HERE auto
I'm actually ashamed to say I do not know how to drive stick. Never had an opportunity to learn growing up.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I'm actually ashamed to say I do not know how to drive stick. Never had an opportunity to learn growing up.
it's 2020 not 1920. You're fine. Nothing to be ashamed about. Anyone that tells you otherwise is wrong.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
it's 2020 not 1920. You're fine. Nothing to be ashamed about. Anyone that tells you otherwise is wrong.
Oh not because of others. Because of self. It's something that I would like to be able to say I do. Screw others and their judgements.

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
Makes sense. I'm just deducing from what I've read. Have yet to actually ride in the Mach-E.

Either way, hopefully a feature of the vehicle isn't the cause for dizziness... That would mean less functionality for the sake of comfort (at least when she is a passenger, etc).
Because the electric drive has very sudden changes in acceleration. You will have to try the "whisper" mode which is supposed to be the slower, calmer mode.

I was a passenger in a Model X for a short ride down the block, the pull away from the green light made my stomach queasy, even though it was not at that fast a speed.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Because the electric drive has very sudden changes in acceleration. You will have to try the "whisper" mode which is supposed to be the slower, calmer mode.

I was a passenger in a Model X for a short ride down the block, the pull away from the green light made my stomach queasy, even though it was not at that fast a speed.
i have read similar accounts that the EV causes some level of whip in the neck at take off and dizziness due to instant acceleration. I would think the Whisper mode is better at making the transition to this easier

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
i have read similar accounts that the EV causes some level of whip in the neck at take off and dizziness due to instant acceleration. I would think the Whisper mode is better at making the transition to this easier
I like the sound of "instant acceleration!" (the sound... or the feeling of.... ???)

Interesting to hear the different takes of the physical aspects caused by driving speed, acceleration, and braking... It makes sense and isn't something I've thought of too often. Took me back 20 years to being a passenger while my dad drove... traumatic, wild, and crazy driving experiences to say the least!

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
(***) for you kids, a book is like a tablet or Kindle but printed on dead trees instead of on a screen, bundled up into an ordered set of dead tree pages for convenient, battery-free reading anywhere there's light, even your own handy clip-on book light!
This made me laugh so hard.

Dead trees bundled up into an ordered set of dead tree pages....

HAHAHA! Pre-technology objects and processes sound so ancient when describing them aloud.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Oh not because of others. Because of self. It's something that I would like to be able to say I do. Screw others and their judgements.
Easiest way to learn is in a truck. The bigger the better as long as it has a single speed axle.

I hired two kids last week because they seemed like they wanted to learn a skill and maybe find a career they like. Both had driver's licenses but only one could drive manual trans. The other said he would learn. I am giving him about a week and if he gives a solid effort then he can stay. If not, he will need to find some other career unfortunately. Many of our trucks are manual trans.

My kids are in their mid twenties.....both learned in a stick shift. Their first car was a stick. Mainly because I thought they would take driving more seriously compared to an automatic and also because it is very hard for them to text and drive with a stick.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Hey all, be sure to navigate to the YouTube videos you watch here and give the reviews you enjoy a Like. Some of these guys worked hard and those Likes amplify their message.
Yes, please do! I'm shocked that The Kilowatts has only received 86 thumbs up on this first drive review.

That particular complaint was about as made up as possible. He had to work to get it to not close imo.
I had a lot of trouble closing the hood on a Mach-E I visited today. On another it wasn't too bad... I think that the rubber stopper heights need a little bit of adjusting.