Embargo lifted! Discuss the Mach-E first drive videos/articles HERE

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
It was a little bit disappointing to watch TheStraightPipes guys making weird faces when they hit the pedal to the floor - I honestly expected the giggles people making when they hit Tesla's pedal. I am at the beginning of watching though, but still a little bit upset :( Honestly...
Sponsored

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
So, some reviewers saying its cramped? I'm not sure what they're smoking.

Doug DeMuro is 6'4 and shows that he has plenty of room in the car. (at roughly 20:40 in the video)

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
It was a little bit disappointing to watch TheStraightPipes guys making weird faces when they hit the pedal to the floor - I honestly expected the giggles people making when they hit Tesla's pedal. I am at the beginning of watching though, but still a little bit upset :( Honestly...
Damp roads are not going to help add in more eco biased rubber it is not the best recipe for traction. Also depending on what you have driven in the past a 0-60 in 4.8 is either going to feel fast or competent. Most of the EV faces you see tend on you tube come from the performance editions of various BEV with mid 3 and sub 3 60's

Dmcerm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Expedition EL, 2012 Mustang GT, 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis, 13 year owner/operator 1983 DeLorean DMC-12 - sold Nov. 2014
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
the Brits are annoyed because the wiring is well done. makes them feel bad.
Hahahahahaha! Yeah, the terrible Lucas wiring that was so prevalent in TONS of stuff like Jags and (much more) my DeLorean was always known to be utterly horrible. LOL!
Way to hit hard and hit truthfully!!!!!!

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag

Doug DeMuro is 6'4 and shows that he has plenty of room in the car. (at roughly 20:40 in the video)
A lot of this will really depend on how you like to sit, which is why some people may feel like there is acres of space while others may find it a bit cramped, one of those you have to try it and see what it is like for your preferred seating style. Can also factor in a degree of getting used to it everyone is probably a lot more comfortable due to familiarity in a vehicle they have sat in for a while vs when they first sit in it.

supertramp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Honda Pilot,2012 Honda Civic,Premium std rwd
Country flag
Damp roads are not going to help add in more eco biased rubber it is not the best recipe for traction. Also depending on what you have driven in the past a 0-60 in 4.8 is either going to feel fast or competent. Most of the EV faces you see tend on you tube come from the performance editions of various BEV with mid 3 and sub 3 60's
Probably, those guys already used to fast cars - I should find their testing of Tesla Y or Model 3 to compare.

My bad luck gave me a second video with British reviewer "What Car" with another quite disappointing review :( I wonder what I am doing differently from you guys that you are so excited? :) Or it's me who only sees the negatives? :)

Also, the guy is talking about 379 miles of range - where did he get it from? I never heard of such a number. Seriously, I think many of people here, I think, would do much better review than this guy.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Hahahahahaha! Yeah, the terrible Lucas wiring that was so prevalent in TONS of stuff like Jags and (much more) my DeLorean was always known to be utterly horrible. LOL!
Way to hit hard and hit truthfully!!!!!!
Or maybe the Brits just have higher standards when it comes to the driving experience compared to our American cousins lol, I assume people do realize that the number one selling car in the UK is a ford with another two models also in the top ten, so certain driving standard is to be expected from a ford ;)

DaveHsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E on order
Occupation
manager
Country flag
The Doug DeMuro video is really good. He was pretty surprised with how sporty it feels and how good it is to drive. Watching him come to the realization that he actually really likes it towards the end was great. "Most EVs up until this point have been kinda dull. This drives well. It drives sporty. It drives fun".
Yes, he was thorough and positive. He does savage the frunk design - didn't realize it would be so hard to access.

Last edited:
First Name
Poncho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Mustang Convertible
Country flag
Yes, he was thorough. He does savage the frunk - didn't realize it would be so hard to access.
Looks like the app button was not live yet for the "FRUNK" in the version of FordPass that Doug was using. It will likely be updated shortly.

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Six foot one here and did not have a problem. Will be more where you have the seat at and depending on if you lay that leg over way to the side. But for me, not a problem.
That one quote from him has me worried that my knee will constantly hit the screen.

Blinkin

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 FoST
Country flag
Also, the guy is talking about 379 miles of range - where did he get it from? I never heard of such a number. Seriously, I think many of people here, I think, would do much better review than this guy.
The UK uses a standard called WLTP to measure range, and it's MUCH more generous than EPA.

DaveHsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E on order
Occupation
manager
Country flag
I suspect a few reviewers, like Tech Crunch, were intent on comparing the driving to a GT 500 coupe - maybe their payback over Ford using the Mustang name. Those who compared it to other roomy crossovers seemed well impressed.

Thevanin

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'09 Ford Focus, '78 Cadillac DeVille
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
For those of us that aren't in a position today to watch the dozens of video on the other thread, can someone make a suggestion of the best 1-2 to watch?
My two favorite so far have the Throttle House and Doug DeMuro. The first one is about 15min and the second one is about 30min. Both were pretty thorough and both seemed to like it more than they expected.

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag

Also he seems like he is Jay Leno’s brother.
Sponsored