Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E on order
Occupation
manager
Country flag
Looks like the app button was not live yet for the "FRUNK" in the version of FordPass that Doug was using. It will likely be updated shortly.
That should help. Wasn't his only complaint about the frunk design.
Sponsored

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Land Rover Discovery, F-150 Lightnin
Country flag
The Edmunds video states that they got 304 miles of real world range in their EV test loop with a Premium 4X!!!
Alex on Autos had a similar estimate with the Premium 4X he drove. 300+ normal driving. 230-250 on the highway.

imstriker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 Infinite Blue
Occupation
Tech
Country flag

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
My bad luck gave me a second video with British reviewer "What Car" with another quite disappointing review :( I wonder what I am doing differently from you guys that you are so excited? :) Or it's me who only sees the negatives? :)

Also, the guy is talking about 379 miles of range - where did he get it from? I never heard of such a number. Seriously, I think many of people here, I think, would do much better review than this guy.
The 379 is WLTP vs EPA, putting joking comments about lucas prince of darkness wiring and moaning Brits aside :), when looking at the Brit reviews there are a couple of things to take into account that maybe won't be so obvious from this side of the pond, Ford UK has a long a history of making sporty version of various vehicles however the base version where very ordinary to drive, that all changed with the introduction of mk1 ford focus where Richard Parry Jones pushed for all the models to be good to drive as a result most (not all) euro fords ever since have been fun to drive even the base models, add in the mustang naming and reviewers are probably going in with certain expectations.

The other issue will be down to cost, once you get up into the the premium price range there are a lot of expectations, I can't speak for all but the way most people purchase vehicles in the UK it is the cost per month that people are interested in and this is where the premium manufactures have an edge due to the better residual values, so while the fordds sold in the b & c segment vehicles do well once you get up into the d segment range then the poor residuals on a Mondeo (fusion) means that people can for a small different in monthly payment could end up with a premium BMW, Audi, Mercedes.

Factor in the expensive price of a BEV and the various deals on offer in the UK and the price of a premium edition mach-e means that people could end up cross shopping into the premium brands where the interior quality is higher than that of the the mach-e. There have been comments on this form that have stated that for the price point of the premium the interior is missing features that really should be there, does that mean the premium is bad, no far from it thankfully it is noting like an mustangs interior which is woeful.

I suspect that a lot of reviews will be positive but cost will be a factor as depending on the region of the world sold the price difference between competing models will vary greatly.

abr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE RR, 2019 Fusion PHEV
Country flag
Hahahahahaha! Yeah, the terrible Lucas wiring that was so prevalent in TONS of stuff like Jags and (much more) my DeLorean was always known to be utterly horrible. LOL!
Way to hit hard and hit truthfully!!!!!!
Lucas - Prince of Darkness . . . .

Mads

First Name
Mads
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered Ford Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Lawyer
Country flag
For those living in cold areas; a Norwegian review published today by the car-magazine "Broom" (link below), test-driving the Mach-E in winter conditions, was generally very positive and stated that the Mach-E will be a big hit in Norway.

However, he did question the power consumption being much higher than Ford has indicated, driving on both highway and smaller roads in most part approx. zero degrees and rain. With the official consumption numbers being 19,5 kWh/100 km, he managed an average of 23 kWh/100 km. He did state that preproduction units sometimes have higher consumption than the finished product, but left the consumption (and thereby stated range) to be an open question mark, especially when it turns to minus 10 degrees and snowy.

Note that the car tested in this article actually has the ski-hatch installed (se picture), which is produced in Norway.

https://www.tv2.no/broom/11837372/?_ga=2.183862886.1320725241.1608048294-1033456335.1608048294

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
My impressions so far . . . Doug drinks way too much caffeine (I don't know if I could listen to him and "Pan" the organizer back to back), and Alex on Autos could have been on the Big Bang Theory.
My favorites are @OutofSpecKyle both with and without @Mach-E VLOG and the Throttle House guys. Lots more to watch though.

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
On one pedal mode do you get brake lights when your foot comes off the pedal? Saw some people really close behind the car and didn't know if they could see the lights or not.

John_C

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium RWD Ext Range Infinite Blue 3/3/2021
Occupation
TV
Country flag
Matt DeBord of Business Insider is my (stealth) favorite reviewer in this space. If you haven't read his take, I highly recommend it. DeBord is a very careful and thoughtful reviewer, and his piece is totally consistent with my own reactions to the car.

Nav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Notice some of these, what appear to be the premium model, have Continental tires instead of Michelin ?

Really liked Doug Demuro's review so far. Learned a couple new things actually as well, for me.

Thevanin

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'09 Ford Focus, '78 Cadillac DeVille
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
A couple of the reviewers have said the press cars had winter tires on them

John_C

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
TV
Country flag
I also really loved the British GQ video review. That new electric charging forecourt is just mind-blowing -- it's profiled in the last 4 minutes of the video. Would love to have that charging model catch on the US.

John_C

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
TV
Country flag
Everyone at Ford would like to thank everyone for taking the time to learn about the mache and maybe deciding to purchase an ford mache.
If you do or don't happy holidays from the ford family to yours. If you do decide to purchase a mache hope we can say hi one day and talk about how much we enjoy the mache.
My build date is Jan 4! Can't wait!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Coming soon: Mach-E premium ER RWD
Country flag
Does any of the videos addresses charging experience? Too busy to watch all videos, and in the couple of videos I watched don't talk about charging experience.
Sponsored