Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I enjoyed watching and reading a lot of the reviews. I found it interesting that most liked the car. A few were very surprised at how well the Mach-E handled for those who had dry roads. Another thing I found funny was about half of the reviewers hated the propulsion sounds and the other half liked it. Many kept saying it was fake V-8 engine sounds. Ah, I don't think they know what a V-8 sounds like. LOL

I know I feel much better about my order now. Still, I wish some of them will review a RWD EXT Premium in the future. Ford put everyone in the 4X ones.
They did use the RWD units for the autocross track.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Thanks for the tip. I would be very interested to read or watch what he has to say. Is Throttle House something I can find on YouTube? I'll do a search tonight.

I too was extremely impressed with the handling. I have a racing and sports car background so that sort of stuff is important to me for the driving experience. I really liked the feedback felt through the steering wheel.....something that has been lost with electric assist steering racks. Somehow Ford found a way to get that feel of the road back and I loved it! My wife will think it's a bit too hard but she says the same thing about her Corvette (when she owned it) but she still didn't hesitate to drive it anyway. :)

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Yep. More choices than we previously had for sure. Nothing wrong with waiting to see and drive a prospective vehicle in person. A Jaguar I-Pace drove by me on the way to work. It looked nice and caused me to look forward to when the Mach E arrives.
Agreed. I did a test-track ride along in an I-Pace at the DC Auto Show back in February. It's an impressive vehicle. If I hadn't already had a reservation in for a Mach E I might have been more interested. Of course, it's a Jaguar: expensive and built to stay that way.

Blinkin

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 FoST
Country flag
Agreed. I did a test-track ride along in an I-Pace at the DC Auto Show back in February. It's an impressive vehicle. If I hadn't already had a reservation in for a Mach E I might have been more interested. Of course, it's a Jaguar: expensive and built to stay that way.
For me the deal breaker is the onboard charger and DCFC on the I-Pace. It's limited to 50KWH max on DC. That's just not ok for how expensive it is.

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
If you watch Edmunds review video when they are cornering in MME you will see that strong overstear and body roll.
Honestly the body roll is not bad for a crossover SUV...certainly not significantly worse than other competitive vehicles.

All vehicles that handle well tend to oversteer, and oversteer is a much better thing than understeer.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Looks like iJustine got the FE... her review is probably coming soon.
I scrubbed through it. There's about 2 minutes of car content in that entire video ?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
If you watch Edmunds review video when they are cornering in MME you will see that strong overstear and body roll.
Agreed. Several reviewers who know BEVs were really impressed at how well Ford had achieved the Mustang oversteer and RWD feel in an AWD BEV.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
For me the deal breaker is the onboard charger and DCFC on the I-Pace. It's limited to 50KWH max on DC. That's just not ok for how expensive it is.
I-Pace now charges at 100 kW.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Lots of reviews - made my way through most of the written articles and some videos (cant find enough time to watch all the videos - need to binge watch them).

The one question I now am wondering is about the braking - some reviewers dont have issues with braking while some did day it can be improved. Not really sure how to interpret the different opinions - the good point is that most reviewers dont even mention this as an issue, so I assume it must be fine.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Only watched a few random reviews. So far the only one complaining about the ride was Europe/UK, and I think that is where they change the suspension. Makes me wonder if they made it worse instead of better when they tuned them differently there?

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Lots of reviews - made my way through most of the written articles and some videos (cant find enough time to watch all the videos - need to binge watch them).

The one question I now am wondering is about the braking - some reviewers dont have issues with braking while some did day it can be improved. Not really sure how to interpret the different opinions - the good point is that most reviewers dont even mention this as an issue, so I assume it must be fine.
Only one I noticed that mentioned braking was they found the one pedal not to be smooth enough for his tastes but was fine with that as there is different modes. Also, I think breaking changes based on whisper, engaged, or unbridled so there is more tuning options for breaking than most vehicles. It's probably just a matter of getting used to it, and setting the right driving mode.
Sponsored