Awmustang

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Ecoboost Performance Pack, Ordered 24 i4 xDrive
Country flag
So from watching a few hours of video reviews.... my take is everyone loves the car. A few got more range then expected but these are only one day results, not long term drives.

The 0-60 times seem to be off. Most are saying the Premium AWD ER is getting 5.2 or 5.3 times not the 4.8.

And lastly the brakes seem to be a common concern for the reviewers. The transition from re-gen to normal braking seems to be rough from a few videos i saw.

All in all i like what I’ve seen, cant wait to get mine.
Ford tests using a 1 foot rollout which can take .3 seconds. Between that and imperfect traction, temperature and battery levels it seems like they are getting exactly what I'd expect for times.
Sponsored

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Great videos today mache fans. On the whole, everyone was amazed by the mache. Tech crunch is a 100% die-hard Tesla fan. He is the same one that said the model y has a range of 400 miles and ford would not sell 20,000 mache the first year.

Overall as a whole, Your EV websites and people who are about switching from ICE to EV are amazed at the mache. Remember this is Ford's true first EV and that is what has made so many reviews amazed by how well ford did.

This is just the start. Within the next 5 years and even 10 years, you will see a massive amount of ev vehicles on the market.

The tesla craziness even was commented by a few of you biggest car people out there.
Some of them just can't help themselves and how they like to be on their knees aka madonna like a prayer. Did you notice the Telsa fanboys come out last night and today? Oh my, something might be as good or even better than tesla. I need to make an account and go to the mache forum and start to talk trash.

Maybe I will ask what-if questions 100 times to make them seem I'm not but then in turn I can get them to wonder silly things. Take for instance, why is the grass green? Green reminds me of being sick. so when I see the grass outside I get sick. Watch out you could get sick also.

We are here to enjoy the mache and learn about it. I will say the group in here as a whole has a lot more info than about 40% of the reviews. They didn't know the correct EPA range or price and so on. You can tell it was more in line as if just one of us got into the mache took it for a drive and said I like this this this and not this the end.
on the other hand, there were about 10 really good reviews that broke down the mache the best they could in the time they had the crossover.

Overall it was a great day for the mache.
Dude is trolling hard, isn't he...? Don't even need to name names...

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
On the other hand, some reviewers really liked the braking.

I think the biggest issue may be EV drivers and ICE drivers. The one thing I really liked to hear from @OutofSpecKyle and one other EV reviewer was the smooth way the regeneration and friction braking blend, even when dealing with bumps and curves. Both our Prius and our Leaf suffer from confusion if they are braking, hit rough pavement, and even worse adding in a turn. You end up with grabbing and lurching. Kyle and others noted that they could not get the Mach E to do this. I have a spot near my house where I get this all the time in the Leaf and that will be a test I plan for my first test drive.
I'm guessing the leaf is FWD which means it can only regen in the front. My C-max does this where it will lurch when the front wheels lose some traction because the rear is not slowing the car down.

Dmcerm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Expedition EL, 2012 Mustang GT, 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis, 13 year owner/operator 1983 DeLorean DMC-12 - sold Nov. 2014
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Man the Tesla Troll Cultists are out in full force tonight folks.
I just got a few comments on a YouTube video I literally watched 10 months ago from EV GRL on why she was chosing the Mach-E over a Tesla
( ) and just tonight on Mach-E Embargo Lift Day, I get hunted down and slandered by two rabid cultists... beware!!!! They are lurking!
Bwhahahaha!

Popeye

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford Taurus
Occupation
Computer Programmer
Country flag
Great videos today mache fans. On the whole, everyone was amazed by the mache. Tech crunch is a 100% die-hard Tesla fan. He is the same one that said the model y has a range of 400 miles and ford would not sell 20,000 mache the first year.

Overall as a whole, Your EV websites and people who are about switching from ICE to EV are amazed at the mache. Remember this is Ford's true first EV and that is what has made so many reviews amazed by how well ford did.

This is just the start. Within the next 5 years and even 10 years, you will see a massive amount of ev vehicles on the market.

The tesla craziness even was commented by a few of you biggest car people out there.
Some of them just can't help themselves and how they like to be on their knees aka madonna like a prayer. Did you notice the Telsa fanboys come out last night and today? Oh my, something might be as good or even better than tesla. I need to make an account and go to the mache forum and start to talk trash.

Maybe I will ask what-if questions 100 times to make them seem I'm not but then in turn I can get them to wonder silly things. Take for instance, why is the grass green? Green reminds me of being sick. so when I see the grass outside I get sick. Watch out you could get sick also.

We are here to enjoy the mache and learn about it. I will say the group in here as a whole has a lot more info than about 40% of the reviews. They didn't know the correct EPA range or price and so on. You can tell it was more in line as if just one of us got into the mache took it for a drive and said I like this this this and not this the end.
on the other hand, there were about 10 really good reviews that broke down the mache the best they could in the time they had the crossover.

Overall it was a great day for the mache.
Those two were completely obvious today. I think I posted more today than I have in the last 6 months. Thankfully I’ve been following you all well enough to at least make it seem Iike I what I’m talking about.

thank you all for all the info you have provided over the last year. It has been a blast following the Mach E since last year. Always seems like there something to look forward to. Like today on media blitz day. Next up shipping day.

Ravensfan1996

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Overall reviews are great. Only real negative(besides problems with branding) that I read was that in 2 pedal mode it is hard to modulate the brakes as there is a very unnatural transition between region and actual brakes. Hopefully something they can tune prior to vehicle sale or update over the air. Overall looks like a very good job by Ford, and I am looking forward to test driving one and getting the one I ordered.

Also Doug Demuro posted something that could become an annoyance. The frunk is only openable using the release inside the car. There are no buttons on the remote to open it either. Does anyone know if perhaps there is a touch sensitive area on the bumper to pop the frunk...my other car with a frunk has that and it works very well.
Ive seen videos with Ford saying that the frunk unlock is/will be available in the phone app.

Ravensfan1996

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
My only concern now, is one of the videos said their Iphone 12 pro max barely fits in the charging pad! haha Im glad thats the only thing i see so far.

iphone 12 pro max in mac e video queued up here:

Last edited:

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Only watched a few random reviews. So far the only one complaining about the ride was Europe/UK, and I think that is where they change the suspension. Makes me wonder if they made it worse instead of better when they tuned them differently there?
Standard USA suspension won't go down well in europe, the complaints in the review where more down to the composure, end of day like all BEV's it is a heavy car so it is going to be a tricky balancing act when it comes to tuning with a fixed suspension setup.

I would say that it should also be noted it was in comparison to the e-tron and i-pace which both come with adaptive air suspension as well as double front wishbone suspension upfront vs the mach-e macpherson strut which gives them an advantage.

The price difference between models is going to be very different when it comes to different regions of the world, we know BEV's are expensive compared to ICE but when it comes to the price of the premium trim in the UK you are taking a large chunk of change where comparisons against premium brands become unavoidable had the premium been equipped with the adaptive magnaride I am sure it would have fared much better, considering the top spec vw id.4 will come with DCC so have adaptive dampers it may be that ford has to add the maganride as an option to more than just the GT performance further down the line to remain competitive in Europe/UK

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Hey all, be sure to navigate to the YouTube videos you watch here and give the reviews you enjoy a Like. Some of these guys worked hard and those Likes amplify their message.

That said, I think I just spent all day battling idiots in Comments on YouTube so maybe don’t fall into that trap! ????

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
On the topic of brakes, Tesla had issues and when called out by Consumer Reports, fixed the issues OTA.

https://www.consumerreports.org/car...-gets-cr-recommendation-after-braking-update/

No reason Ford should not be able to do the same.
guess people forgot about some of teslas launches. This is ford and ford's first true EV. yes there will be fixes but how many or what compared to tesla we will see. Starting off though.........the mache hits the ground running like the Kentucky thoroughbred she is.

And that is unbridled.?

RobFitzgerald167

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Grabber Blue
Country flag

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
My only concern now, is one of the videos said their Iphone 12 pro max barely fits in the charging pad! haha Im glad thats the only thing i see so far.

iphone 12 pro max in mac e video queued up here:
The good news is that the rubber mat there is removeable - Hopefully Ford realizes the issue and offers a mat with a wider "opening" on the charging side to accommodate larger phones. The charging pad underneath looks decently large (though we don't know coil configuration/location), so hopefully it's just matter of removing the little raised "nub" on the left of the mat, and moving the raised line to the right to make more space for big phones.

I'm sure aftermarket will offer replacements at some point too.
Sponsored