OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
A lot could have gone wrong when Ford decided to make a four-door electric crossover SUV and call it a Mustang, and even boldly put a pony badge on its nose.
Amazingly, not much did.

As far as the SUV itself goes, though, Ford scored big on that part. The Mustang family should be proud of its newest member.
Sponsored

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It’s not just straight-line acceleration, either. The Mach-E stands out among non-Tesla electric cars by offering a genuinely sporty driving experience. The car felt nicely planted in corners which, along with responsive steering, helped build confidence. Like most electric cars, the Mach-E is pretty heavy for its size, but it camouflaged that weight well. Instead of pummeling the laws of physics into submission, the Mach-E flowed smoothly through corners like a much lighter vehicle.

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The combo of the Mustang badge, the electric powertrain, and the crossover body is a recipe for the future. On the whole, Ford nailed the Mach-E's tech suite.

On the road, this is the vehicle we were hoping for: fun, engaging, and energetic. The dual-motor Mach-E is a sharp and nippy crossover that's eager to change direction and respond to inputs, belying its nearly 5,000-pound curb weight.

Blinkin

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 FoST
Country flag
While I believe that some connections to the actual Mustang do exist, the Mach-E is more of a grand-touring-focused EV that can be a little sporty when it wants.
The thing about that quote is that the "grand touring focused that can be a little sporty" description also applies to 75-80% of ICE Mustangs too. Most people don't get the performance packs, the suspension and brake upgrades, the Shelby models, etc.

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
My only concern now, is one of the videos said their Iphone 12 pro max barely fits in the charging pad! haha Im glad thats the only thing i see so far.
The charging pad is quite large, but has a little "divider" in the middle - the intent might have been to accommodate two phones, but some phones are just so large these days, my Galaxy Note 10+ won't fit either when I sat in one at my local Ford dealership last month. :p But it's a first world problem, and shouldn't be difficult to "fix" by replacing the mat, or using a thinner case on the phone (just speculating here, didn't have the time to remove the case on my phone to see if charging would proceed even if one side of the phone was resting on that ridge).

Nav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium SR AWD
Country flag
For those of us that aren't in a position today to watch the dozens of video on the other thread, can someone make a suggestion of the best 1-2 to watch?
Highly recommend the review from Doug Demuro. There's another thread in this section just for his video. I personally learned a couple things that I hadn't already known before.

Inside EVs with Kyle was good.

Was disappointed with the straight pipes review, a little basic, didn't seem as knowledgeable.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
I heard recently that Porsche released the Cayenne 18 years ago. that was vilified at launch and was hated by Porsche fans. Now its part of the range and saved the company. Is the MME the same?

GreenEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity
Country flag
Most of the reviews reassured me of what I already expected. It's a great family SUV/Crossover with sporty performance, as a Mustang brand should still have. It's not a replacement nor competition to a Mustang sports car. I like that the suspension is compliant and a tad softer than Tesla M3/MY. Some of the reviewers just don't understand the target group for this vehicle at launch (GT later will change that).
In Europe, yes, different ball game. Audi and Jaguar are cheaper over there, and the equivalent to the Select version has less competition. In North America the Premium is a good deal, and the Select is a great deal, for what they offer.
If anything, the reviews gave me exactly what Ford has been advertising, and the reason I ordered the vehicle.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
The charging pad is quite large, but has a little "divider" in the middle - the intent might have been to accommodate two phones, but some phones are just so large these days, my Galaxy Note 10+ won't fit either when I sat in one at my local Ford dealership last month. :p But it's a first world problem, and shouldn't be difficult to "fix" by replacing the mat, or using a thinner case on the phone (just speculating here, didn't have the time to remove the case on my phone to see if charging would proceed even if one side of the phone was resting on that ridge).
Have the designers of this been living under a rock? These jumbo size phones are and have been commonplace for even years now. Should have been easily accommodated. Yes, maybe a 3rd party cover or even make your own to get rid of the ridge might have to do.,

txaggies07

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE FE Rapid Red
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
People act like the only true mustang is the GT500 or similar type cars. Everyone I have known to drive a Mustang was a high school girl with the base packages that were slow.

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
The Edmunds video states that they got 304 miles of real world range in their EV test loop with a Premium 4X!!!
Yes but no details.... errrr. What speed they were driving what were the conditions. Electric car's range differs hugely depending on many factors. I hate the range estimates at 55 miles/hr on the highway, simply because I never drive that slow.
I was hoping for more real life driving range estimates with details.
Edmunds has been running these range tests since 2012 or 2013. Back then their test loop contained no highways: "Originally established when hybrids began to flourish, our so-called One Lap of Orange County test course is a 105.5-mile circuit around Orange County, California, that includes exactly zero freeway miles, more than a few hills and dozens of signals and stop signs along the way." I have been unable to find anything on their website to see if they are still using the same loop. For what it is worth, most BEV's with the exception of Teslas outperform their EPA figures in the Edmunds test. The difference between Edmunds' range test result and EPA rating in range varies from -7.2% (Model 3 Standard Range Plus, 250 miles EPA rated, 232 miles actual) and -4.5% (Model Y Performance w/21-inch wheels, 291 miles EPA rated, 278 miles actual), to 36.5% (Mini Cooper SE, 110 miles EPA rated, 150 miles actual) and 59.3% (Porsche Taycan 4S, 203 miles EPA rated, 324 miles actual).

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
But it's a first world problem, and shouldn't be difficult to "fix" by replacing the mat
Or replacing your phone :) I hadn't realized how big and uncomfortable phones had gotten until I recently switched to an iPhone Mini. I forgot what it was like to be able to use a phone with one hand!

GreenEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Clarity
Country flag
Or replacing your phone :) I hadn't realized how big and uncomfortable phones had gotten until I recently switched to an iPhone Mini. I forgot what it was like to be able to use a phone with one hand!
Yeah. 6.7" phones, and then with thick cases on top of it...not going to fit anywhere.
My Pixel 5 at 6" is considered small these days.