Emergency Frunk Message -- from shifting load in the frunk activating the emergency frunk release

JJR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
I discovered that a shifting load in the frunk can activate the emergency frunk release, which opens the fruck hood and sends a red message to the driver panel.
I would think the release button would have a cover so this wouldn’t be a problem. Wrong again. Be aware that this can happen and load the frunk with this in mind.
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
That is correct, which is why pressing the emergency frunk release just opens it one notch to allow air in, in case someone is trapped in it but won't allow it fully fly open while driving. That's why the manual lever in the car takes two pulls and the electronic release inside the car's infotainment system or on your phone does what seems like 18 releases of the frunk.

Polar

First Name
SBJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select RWD SR
Country flag
Working as designed seems like. If some one was trapped in there and couldn’t get to cover off to press the button it would be worse.

As the consumer you can quite quickly make a cover for the button yourself

OP
OP

JJR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
Whether it’s a good or bad idea, it’s there, and it can be tripped accidentally while driving.

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
I discovered that a shifting load in the frunk can activate the emergency frunk release, which opens the fruck hood and sends a red message to the driver panel.
I would think the release button would have a cover so this wouldn’t be a problem. Wrong again. Be aware that this can happen and load the frunk with this in mind.
"shifting load"

You have to remember to tie both their arms and legs...

OP
OP

JJR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
Working as designed seems like. If some one was trapped in there and couldn’t get to cover off to press the button it would be worse.

As the consumer you can quite quickly make a cover for the button yourself
I believe it’s there because the NTSB requires an inside trunk release.
OK, so how about a pull lever instead of a push button.
Sponsored