Enabling Activate Lane Change Assist in BlueCruise 1.2?

IcemanCS

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTPE
Country flag
I've had a 2023 Mach E premium extended range for a month now. I've enjoyed Blue Cruise, but for the life of me cannot figure out how to activate lane change assist. It doesn't appear as an option in the settings, and nothing happens when I turn on my signals. It also doesn't "scooch" away from large trucks, etc like I see in the online reviews. Any thoughts? I was under the assumption 1.2 was factory installed but now I am questioning. Thanks!
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Are you sure you have a 2023? I’m thinking you have a 2022.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Check under settings>driver assist > cruise control. See if it has predictive speed adjustment and other settings available there to toggle on/off.
That’s where the hands free features are placed. I’m not positive all 2023 shipped with 1.2 already installed so you may be waiting with the rest of us.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I've had a 2023 Mach E premium extended range for a month now. I've enjoyed Blue Cruise, but for the life of me cannot figure out how to activate lane change assist. It doesn't appear as an option in the settings, and nothing happens when I turn on my signals. It also doesn't "scooch" away from large trucks, etc like I see in the online reviews. Any thoughts? I was under the assumption 1.2 was factory installed but now I am questioning. Thanks!
Does your screen look like this with the arrow on either side of the blue bubble around the car?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Enabling Activate Lane Change Assist in BlueCruise 1.2? 1679059998648

or like this BlueCruise 1.0 version (no side arrows)
Ford Mustang Mach-E Enabling Activate Lane Change Assist in BlueCruise 1.2? 1679060276008

or like this with BlueCruise hands on: (no 'Hands-Free' wheel)
Ford Mustang Mach-E Enabling Activate Lane Change Assist in BlueCruise 1.2? 1679060217517

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
If the dealer sold him a 2022 instead of a 2023, he better also check to see that Ford put the right battery in the car. I've heard Ford sometimes messes that up, too.

Seriously though to the OP - do you have any version of BlueCruise working? Does your screen look like the above when you engage it? If not, you ought to first check to see if your Connected Services are active by logging into your Ford.com account.

joes723

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 GTPE IBSM "LITHEUM"
Country flag
Check your window sticker. It will specify whether you got BlueCruise 1.0 or 1.2.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
1.2 looks like this:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Enabling Activate Lane Change Assist in BlueCruise 1.2? image

OP
OP
IcemanCS

IcemanCS

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTPE
Country flag
It's definitely a '23. Says so on the sticker and insurance card. It's also a nite pony package which I think is new for the year? It also says BlueCruise 1.2 on the sticker. Strange.

OP
OP
IcemanCS

IcemanCS

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTPE
Country flag
Does your screen look like this with the arrow on either side of the blue bubble around the car?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Enabling Activate Lane Change Assist in BlueCruise 1.2? image

or like this BlueCruise 1.0 version (no side arrows)

or like this with BlueCruise hands on: (no 'Hands-Free' wheel)
I am version 2. Hands free, no arrows on screen...

dj_stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium -> 2023 GTPE
Country flag
Thanks! This was the last place I apparently didn't click on to activate it. Problem solved. Much appreciated
Let me know if this also enables the "scooch" aka in-lane repositioning. Mine is toggled on but I still always feel like it's way too close to the right side of the lane for comfort.
Sponsored