Razorbak86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW R1150GS, Lexus RX-450h
Country flag
  • I did a test with my 4 year old with our CRV, which does have a handle obviously. She doesn't have the leverage to open the door, regardless. Once I crack it open for her, she does in fact wrap her little fingers around the side of the door to finish opening. With a button, now she can open the door without my assistance and I think she'll really enjoy the experience (big plus in my book). In addition, when she is leaving the car and goes to close it, she again wraps her fingers around the side of the door to get the leverage she needs. So in summary, young kids are going to do this regardless of the car. At the very least the MME has thought of one way to limit pinched fingers vs any other car that does not. Quite frankly, i think this feature will be replicated on many high-end and family cars in the future. My BIGGEST concern is the nasty, greasy fingers constantly leaving smudges....
I hate to tell you this, but it gets worse:
  • School
  • Mean Girls
  • Boyfriends
  • College
  • Leave home
  • Return home
Oh, wait. You were talking about the CAR. Carry on.
Sponsored

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Yeah, all I'm saying is without the why, we can't tell which is better, but ultimately, it probably doesn't matter to the average user that much.

All EVs are good EVs, I don't really like the negativity against Tesla on here. We should all want EVs to dominate regardless of which plastic badge is glued near where the grille used to be.

ICE is the enemy here, not Tesla, not GM, etc.
Sure. I never claimed one to be better than the other.

But, since you mentioned it, we should make such a claim.
These cars are directly competing with one another. It's worthwhile to compare figures like these, and see which one "wins" a given category, when the cars are otherwise so similar. Factors like the minimum charging temperature might be critical to someone who lives with harsh winters.

A lower minimum charge temperature might cut significant time out of their charging. For most of us, it'll never matter, though, I'll admit that.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Press the 7-8 and 9-0 keys with two fingertips will lock the car. No fob needed.
There's also that little lock icon/button, too, isn't there? Right above the door open button. Just yet another method to lock it from the outside without a key.

Tim_C

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE GB
Country flag
But I think he was doing it wrong. I’m pretty sure you just touch the lock symbol, not wave your whole hand over the open button. That’s why he had a hard time getting it to work.
That's right, there are some details on page 76 of the owner's manual.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Engineering Explained 2021 Mach-E Review - 10 Best Features Of Ford's EV Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 11.58.37 AM

Dmcerm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Expedition EL, 2012 Mustang GT, 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis, 13 year owner/operator 1983 DeLorean DMC-12 - sold Nov. 2014
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Review of a Premium AWD ER from Jason at Engineering Explained.

Love his list. A few nit-picky things but overall, a good video.

The Keypad that Ford has put on the ME is truly awesome. My Vic, my Mercury Grand Marquis, my wife's Expedition have always had the keypad and when I ordered my Mustang GT back in the summer of 2011, I wasn't thinking otherwise I would have ordered the keypad as an option because I miss it. It is just such a great feature and so convenient to be able to secure your keys and belongings in the car but still be able to get back in. Truly one of the unique features I'm glad Ford has continued for 4 decades.

I think a lot of you who've never had the keypad option will enjoy it. It's something I miss on my Mustang and wish it had.

And as for the European person asking about the code and thrives and such, I don't think it's an issue, unless Europe is that Crime Intense... you will always have your phone or key and unless you specifically lock everything in the car and need to use the keypad, you may not use it very often but it is good to have.
It really is a feature that all of you will love once you use and experience it.

Good video!

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes but what he didn't mention is the last info on those tires 225 55 R19 103H, I believe 103 is the weight factor that those tires are capable of which is pretty high and H is the speed performance factor I think which in this case mean High :) . Maybe a more inform person on the forum can explain in better way.
I am not more informed but I know my HD 1/2 trucks come with 245/70 and weights more than the MME so him noting 255 are skinny for the weight makes me wonder if he has driven weight before. Ford builds trucks, knows weight and I think has us covered, understood it to be just one of his pet peeve? Not to sure I understand it.
Why does there need to be an enemy?
Unfortunately CO2 is becoming that; not to just us but to other species. It is OK not to like CO2.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
That's right, there are some details on page 76 of the owner's manual.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Engineering Explained 2021 Mach-E Review - 10 Best Features Of Ford's EV Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 11.58.37 AM
This isn't the first time we've seen a reference to brief delay associated with PaaK. I may just buy a second fob and forget the whole thing. The ability to use a code seems to be more enticing than PaaK. But maybe it's just me. Then again I'm not known to be a patient person when it comes to tech after all...

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
It may be wise to wait until you actually have the car and can test it before giving up on it :)
Agreed, that's why I said 'may'. I intend to try out the car as delivered and then make any decision.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
my cat (see left) looks at the youngest cat in the house and after about 20 seconds of his nonsense, she decides he no longer exists and ignores him for the rest of the day, which only serves to confuse the little boy. Pretty much what happened there.
Sponsored