EV Lab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME 4XE, Ford F-150, Honda Civic EV conversion
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I am not more informed but I know my HD 1/2 trucks come with 245/70 and weights more than the MME so him noting 255 are skinny for the weight makes me wonder if he has driven weight before. Ford builds trucks, knows weight and I think has us covered, understood it to be just one of his pet peeve? Not to sure I understand it.

Unfortunately CO2 is becoming that; not to just us but to other species. It is OK not to like CO2.
He noted 225/55/19 are skinny for the weight. It's certainly narrower than the tires available on any model of Tesla MY. I wish the MME came with something like 255/50/19, but that is really only available in truck/SUV tires. 245/50/19 looks like a good alternative, at 4.8" sidewall, just 0.1" smaller diameter, and 0.7" wider contact patch, and available in various tire types. 245/55/18 would be a great option for lighter 18" wheels.

A good comparison tool here... here

Last edited:

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
He noted 225/55/19 are skinny for the weight. It's certainly narrower than the tires available on any model of Tesla MY. I wish the MME came with something like 255/50/19, but that is really only available in truck/SUV tires. 245/45/19 looks like a good alternative.
Your right for some reason I remembered 255 but neither are skinny and it made no sense. The skinnier the better for snow and range. I will loose no sleep with 225/55R19, 4.9" side wall, as opposed to teslas 255/45R19 with 4.5" side wall or their 20″: 255/40 @ 4". The 225/60 R18 XL with huge side wall sound good if you go with a winter wheel/tire set and I hope the 18" will fit over the premium calipers.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Love his list. A few nit-picky things but overall, a good video.

The Keypad that Ford has put on the ME is truly awesome. My Vic, my Mercury Grand Marquis, my wife's Expedition have always had the keypad and when I ordered my Mustang GT back in the summer of 2011, I wasn't thinking otherwise I would have ordered the keypad as an option because I miss it. It is just such a great feature and so convenient to be able to secure your keys and belongings in the car but still be able to get back in. Truly one of the unique features I'm glad Ford has continued for 4 decades.

I think a lot of you who've never had the keypad option will enjoy it. It's something I miss on my Mustang and wish it had.

And as for the European person asking about the code and thrives and such, I don't think it's an issue, unless Europe is that Crime Intense... you will always have your phone or key and unless you specifically lock everything in the car and need to use the keypad, you may not use it very often but it is good to have.
It really is a feature that all of you will love once you use and experience it.

Good video!
I’m going to use that keypad feature often. With my Accord, when I go on runs, I usually hide the key on top of the tire. With the MME, I’ll be able to leave the key at home, and simply use the keypad to get into the car! I dig it!

EV Lab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME 4XE, Ford F-150, Honda Civic EV conversion
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
... I hope the 18" will fit over the premium calipers.
I have yet to see any reports on the brake disc diameter. The brochure says 18" which is impossible. I suspect the brakes will be the same on all models except maybe the GT, and since 18" wheels are already offered on the select model, the premium should support them too.

I really want to know what the factory wheels weigh too...

Last edited:

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I’m going to use that keypad feature often. With my Accord, when I go on runs, I usually hide the key on top of the tire. With the MME, I’ll be able to leave the key at home, and simply use the keypad to get into the car! I dig it!
No more key stashing is a great thing. Go for a swim then a run? Leave it all in the car.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
No more key stashing is a great thing. Go for a swim then a run? Leave it all in the car.
Did anyone in a review test the if the car will remain unlocked if you were to say, leave your phone in the car (and connected)? Since it's within range. Or would you have to turn it off or disable bluetooth in order to lock the car with your phone in it?

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have yet to see any reports on the brake disc diameter. The brochure says 18" which is impossible. I suspect the brakes will be the same on all models except maybe the GT, and since 18" wheels are already offered on the select model, the premium should support them too.

I really want to know what the factory wheels weigh too...
Once we know if they fit over and the off set there should be options.

OP
OP
TheSteelRider

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
Did anyone in a review test the if the car will remain unlocked if you were to say, leave your phone in the car (and connected)? Since it's within range. Or would you have to turn it off or disable bluetooth in order to lock the car with your phone in it?
+1. I'm curious as well. Wanted to reply to keep it top-of-mind

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
You can lock your phone in the car without disabling anything.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
+1. I'm curious as well. Wanted to reply to keep it top-of-mind
My guess would be: The car would be unlocked until you hit the lock button right above the door open button (or use the keypad) to force it to lock--overriding the proximity unlock.

I would also guess that in that case the car would honk or otherwise indicate to you that you did leave the "keys" in the car. (In fact this may require a 2nd press of the lock button as the first press would be met with the "honk" as a sort of "are you sure?" prompt.)

NotSoJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV, Mustang Mach-E reservation holder
Country flag
My guess would be: The car would be unlocked until you hit the lock button right above the door open button (or use the keypad) to force it to lock--overriding the proximity unlock.

I would also guess that in that case the car would honk or otherwise indicate to you that you did leave the "keys" in the car. (In fact this may require a 2nd press of the lock button as the first press would be met with the "honk" as a sort of "are you sure?" prompt.)
This is going to take me awhile to get used to. Maybe a few successful tries in a "safe space." Nothing could be worse than getting back from a run in a forest preserve only to have your keys and phone locked in your car. I really hate having to run with extra stuff on me, but I don't want to worry about my stuff during the entire run or wonder if my car is sitting there for the taking. I feel like it would be a Darwin award, "man leaves phone and key in car, unlocked, and leaves for a few hours. " This has to be something the engineers thought of, but I'm still waiting to see the exact process.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
This is going to take me awhile to get used to. Maybe a few successful tries in a "safe space." Nothing could be worse than getting back from a run in a forest preserve only to have your keys and phone locked in your car. I really hate having to run with extra stuff on me, but I don't want to worry about my stuff during the entire run or wonder if my car is sitting there for the taking. I feel like it would be a Darwin award, "man leaves phone and key in car, unlocked, and leaves for a few hours. " This has to be something the engineers thought of, but I'm still waiting to see the exact process.
Ford has been putting these combo locks on their vehicles for 40 years. I think they've got it figured out by now. Just make sure that you've set the combination and tested it before you need it.
Sponsored