Enhance the Look and Feel of your Mach-E Interior!

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Please. You are the last one to apologize on this forum. I was just thinking about these while walking my dog this morning as I almost forgot I ordered it. You should not have to answer at all really as it was more out of curiosity.

I am sure others would agree, you have done more for iproving our cars and helping out, I almost feel we owe you a kickback or start a gofundme page just to pay you back by getting you something!
Patrick, thank you for the very kind words. I enjoy helping out where and when I can and I never would want anything for it. Enjoy your weekend. 😊
Sponsored

nmope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME GTPE, 17 MX5 Club
Country flag
Sharing in case any cyber orange owners wanted to see how the orange covers look. It’s Not the exact same shade but it livens up the interior and improves the tactile feel significantly.
make sure to close the door when checking to see if the new gear selector cover is installed correctly 😂

4B040296-6812-4F17-B725-F1749A1FD73E.jpeg

intensifi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT
Country flag
Just installed the light knob cover.

The adhesive tape is problematic. First one was destroyed learning how to peel the backing off one side. Second one went on the knob fine but taking the second side of the backing off was a PITA. I finally gave up and left it there while we went to breakfast. About 90 min later I was able to take the the second side of the backing off as the other side with adhesive must have bonded to the knob during breakfast. Then I installed the cover. It looks/feels much better than stock and works well. The third piece of tape is being held in reserve.

All that said, the design of the AOSK (bought their shifter and volume knob) covers with the felt liners for adhesion is a much better and faster design.

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes it’s been quite a while. No response to email inquiry either. I’m starting to wonder about recovering my money.
I agree Matt, it has been quite a long time for this start button project. Kevin has had nothing but problems with it as I had explained in previous months. Production (had to change companies twice), anodizing and etching problems and then there is the issue he was changing business locations and hired on a couple of new employees which I never mentioned. I personally don't know where he is on these start buttons as I have been quite busy with other projects and I am leaving for Europe in a few days so getting ready for that but I will try to contact him to see what's up. I completely understand if you want to get your money back however I know he is still working on this, so don't want you to think he has dropped the ball or anything.

Below is a photo he sent me a few weeks ago which I never posted. I know this only affects those that have GT models but he was able to get the copper anodizing color perfect on the start buttons. I had sent him part of a GT dash that has the B&O emblem to match it against.

image.jpeg

HondaRacer

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 MME GT
Country flag
I agree Matt, it has been quite a long time for this start button project. Kevin has had nothing but problems with it as I had explained in previous months. Production (had to change companies twice), anodizing and etching problems and then there is the issue he was changing business locations and hired on a couple of new employees which I never mentioned. I personally don't know where he is on these start buttons as I have been quite busy with other projects and I am leaving for Europe in a few days so getting ready for that but I will try to contact him to see what's up. I completely understand if you want to get your money back however I know he is still working on this, so don't want you to think he has dropped the ball or anything.

Below is a photo he sent me a few weeks ago which I never posted. I know this only affects those that have GT models but he was able to get the copper anodizing color perfect on the start buttons. I had sent him part of a GT dash that has the B&O emblem to match it against.

image.jpeg
Thanks for the detailed response. That button you have pictured is exactly what I ordered and it looks great! I’d love to have it if they are indeed still in process.

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks for the detailed response. That button you have pictured is exactly what I ordered and it looks great! I’d love to have it if they are indeed still in process.
Yes that copper button has taken him quite a while to get correct (he is a perfectionist) and that wil be the one you will be getting (not that exact one 😊).

I just got this reply from him this morning.

Hi Mark,

The new batch is with the anodisers now, they've done 3-4 batches in the past few months but I was not happy with those results so had to repeat the whole endeavour again several times until got the result I am confident with. While it is an aggravating process for everyone, some owners would appreciate the product they're receiving has gone through a stringent development cycle.

New batch of buttons require approximately 2 weeks to get back from anodising and then another 2-3 days for me to engrave them before they are dispatched.

Apologies, to everyone. This has been one frustrating project.

Regards,

Kevin Rodricks
CEO & Managing Director
5 SPURS LTD

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT - Star White
Country flag
Yes that copper button has taken him quite a while to get correct (he is a perfectionist) and that wil be the one you will be getting (not that exact one 😊).

I just got this reply from him this morning.

Hi Mark,

The new batch is with the anodisers now, they've done 3-4 batches in the past few months but I was not happy with those results so had to repeat the whole endeavour again several times until got the result I am confident with. While it is an aggravating process for everyone, some owners would appreciate the product they're receiving has gone through a stringent development cycle.

New batch of buttons require approximately 2 weeks to get back from anodising and then another 2-3 days for me to engrave them before they are dispatched.

Apologies, to everyone. This has been one frustrating project.

Regards,

Kevin Rodricks
CEO & Managing Director
5 SPURS LTD
Thanks for the quick response. They look great. That copper/bronze is what I ordered too! I hope the color matches the dial covers still and the button doesn't look different from the rest. It's probably far enough away, that you can't tell anyway. So realistically looking at around a month or more wait? Good to know he's still working on it. Can't wait to complete the set!

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks for the quick response. They look great. That copper/bronze is what I ordered too! I hope the color matches the dial covers still and the button doesn't look different from the rest. It's probably far enough away, that you can't tell anyway. So realistically looking at around a month or more wait? Good to know he's still working on it. Can't wait to complete the set!
Can't say how long it will be and not going to even estimate anymore as I always seem to be wrong. 😊

The button more closely matches the B&O than the dials do. The dials more closely match the copper of the seats I believe. I know there are two different copper colors in that car. If I am correct, the B&O emblems do not match the copper stitching. So I think Kevin went more with the copper stitching that is right around the console for the knobs since they were close to it and went with the B&O copper for the start button. That is what I think I remember. Could be wrong.

Lynsey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT - Star White
Country flag
Can't say how long it will be and not going to even estimate anymore as I always seem to be wrong. 😊

The button more closely matches the B&O than the dials do. The dials more closely match the copper of the seats I believe. I know there are two different copper colors in that car. If I am correct, the B&O emblems do not match the copper stitching. So I think Kevin went more with the copper stitching that is right around the console for the knobs since they were close to it and went with the B&O copper for the start button. That is what I think I remember. Could be wrong.
That makes sense. I love the knob covers. Really makes the interior look high end. I wasn't a fan of the shiney plastic. Either way, I'm looking forward to it. I know everything takes longer these days. I'm still waiting on my custom floormats with copper stitching 🤣 It was supposed to take 1 month and it's been 4 with no date in sight. Eventually it will all come together 😄

KidGalahad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E Select
Country flag
Thanks for the update Mark! I'm fine waiting for them to be correct, but I'm sure it's frustrating for you, and especially Kevin. Your work here is always appreciated.

jpinFLX

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered Mache, Volvo XC40, Toyota RAV4 hybrid
Occupation
Director, IT
Country flag
Has anyone received their shipment lately?
I have been waiting since February. Now the emails bounce back, not looking good.
Sponsored