Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
We have solid reports Ford plans some Mach E deliveries starting in November. However, that was when Job #1 was still slated for late October. With the move of Job #1 to September, we may see October deliveries.
Uh Oh. I must have missed something. Has production been moved up to September??? I thought production was slated to start Oct 26th......
Sponsored

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Uh Oh. I must have missed something. Has production been moved up to September??? I thought production was slated to start Oct 26th......
That's the rumor. But anyone who knows if this is true cannot confirm it or deny it.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Yes, I did mean projected range. Thanks.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Reactions: pb3

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Not being a lawyer but I would guess a lot of the data would probably fall under CCPA, and no doubt in Europe under GDPR, so while the data is valuable the landscape is changing legally as to who owns the data and what can be done with it, the days of tech companies constant data mining and selling it without regard may have ruined it for the future where in cases like this it would be very useful.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
I've seen Model Y range estimates vary on YouTube from 225-270 miles.

Screenshot_20200809-201037.png
Alexonautos actually got less than 200 miles, I believe it was only 195 miles, real life range when testing the LR MY on his loop. That drive took place during 90 degree temps while using the AC. These were not typical conditions of his prior EV range tests on the loop. To help make comparison of EV range across his reviews more consistent, Alex made a guess that the MY would achieve 225 miles during temperate days that do not require engaging the AC.

Last edited:

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Not being a lawyer but I would guess a lot of the data would probably fall under CCPA, and no doubt in Europe under GDPR, so while the data is valuable the landscape is changing legally as to who owns the data and what can be done with it, the days of tech companies constant data mining and selling it without regard may have ruined it for the future where in cases like this it would be very useful.
The data is likely completely anonymized - who is driving doesn't matter, just the on-the-road experience.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The data is likely completely anonymized - who is driving doesn't matter, just the on-the-road experience.
Well, sort of. There was a recent paper in Nature Communications that found they could re-identify 99.98% of Americans in any dataset using 15 demographic attributes. And one of those attributes is what vehicle they own ?

Here's a article on it:
https://techcrunch.com/2019/07/24/researchers-spotlight-the-lie-of-anonymous-data/
and the original paper:
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-019-10933-3

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
There is literally nothing new in the entire article except this post yesterday to the Mach E Club:
"I heard from a dealer friend that Ford told dealers to look for the official range figure to be increased coming soon. Just like how the power figures ended up increasing, the range figures will be increasing after EPA testing is completed."

Yeah. And someone heard from their dealer they're getting their Mach E in August, too. ?

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
A water cooled condenser (I assume it's actual glycol or some other liquid) just adds an extra step of heat transfer, now there is the U factor going from refrigerant to water via one heat exchanger and then another going from water to air via a second heat exchanger. If this is the case it's going to be LESS efficient.
Would have to be concerned about long term reliability of a first generation system that is somewhat more complex than a standard air conditioner system and having to run almost 100% of the time. For those keeping a car 10+ years, it could mean service costs.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There is literally nothing new in the entire article except this post yesterday to the Mach E Club:
"I heard from a dealer friend that Ford told dealers to look for the official range figure to be increased coming soon. Just like how the power figures ended up increasing, the range figures will be increasing after EPA testing is completed."

Yeah. And someone heard from their dealer they're getting their Mach E in August, too. ?
Careful, now they will use you as a source for their next article.

However, I'm fairly confident of one thing, I believe EPA testing is either happening right now or has recently been completed.
Sponsored