Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Ford-Logo.png
bb5ede1df2b7b614aa0549306bdf1871.png
PCAV&angleNo=29&viewType=exterior&width=0&height=0.png
Preproduction computer‑generated image shown. Available late 2020.​
Dear Richard ,
Fantastic news! Your 2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium has been built – which means it won’t be long before you’re able to experience the thrill of driving!
Our current estimate for delivery is between July 1, 2021 and July 7, 2021. Also, we wanted to include your vehicle’s unique identification number for your reference:

I received this email last night. Quite the opposite of the OP's email. Maybe the 3 people that received the "Delay Email" are having an issue with the car itself. However, I won't hold my breath until I'm sitting behind the wheel.

ps. how are you guys tracking the delivery process?

TundraEV

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
I personally will be like Neo in the Matrix and believe my Mach E will arrive on schedule.

Especially since I just signed the paperwork for my ICE Silverado pickup to get ready for it!

theRealDevo

First Name
Deven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo XC60 T6; 57 Thunderbird
Country flag
You understand you can build a car with a missing "chip" Just look at all fo the f150's in vacant lots in KC.

No I don’t, never built a car before. To me, when I see the BUILT status it means it’s built not partially completed. But feel free to educate me more, thanks

karthik

First Name
karthik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mache
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Estimated delivery date pushed back to 5 months later for my built mach e PCAV&angleNo=29&viewType=exterior&width=0&height=0
Ford Mustang Mach-E Estimated delivery date pushed back to 5 months later for my built mach e PCAV&angleNo=29&viewType=exterior&width=0&height=0
Dear Richard ,
Fantastic news! Your 2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium has been built – which means it won’t be long before you’re able to experience the thrill of driving!
Our current estimate for delivery is between July 1, 2021 and July 7, 2021. Also, we wanted to include your vehicle’s unique identification number for your reference:

I received this email last night. Quite the opposite of the OP's email. Maybe the 3 people that received the "Delay Email" are having an issue with the car itself. However, I won't hold my breath until I'm sitting behind the wheel.

What was your build date?

vinny2487

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E CA Route 1 (Star White)
Country flag
My car (CA Route 1 in Star White) went into production on 5/14 and according to my dealer was built on 5/17. However, the Ford website still says "in production" with no update since. It's been a couple weeks with no updates. Scheduled delivery is 6/15-6/21. Gonna fire off some emails to my dealer. Anyone else having this problem?
Just as I post this, the Ford website finally updated. I got an email saying the car is built with a estimated delivery of 7/17-7/23. Why it took my car 3 weeks to be built I have no clue.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No I don’t, never built a car before. To me, when I see the BUILT status it means it’s built not partially completed. But feel free to educate me more, thanks
Your welcome...anything else you need help on just reach out.

engnrng

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, Kona EV, 2023 BMW iX
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My car (CA Route 1 in Star White) went into production on 5/14 and according to my dealer was built on 5/17. However, the Ford website still says "in production" with no update since. It's been a couple weeks with no updates. Scheduled delivery is 6/15-6/21. Gonna fire off some emails to my dealer. Anyone else having this problem?
Yes, there are hundreds of posts going back to last winter with similar stories, with many variations. The updates on the web site you can log into are generally not very consistent, timely, or reliable. Some dealers have been able to use the vehicle visibility report to get more reliable information. Many dealers have no clue how to use their own systems. Good luck!

BTW - I love my CA Route 1 - it has the fastest hatchback open/close in the world (completely manual, perfectly balanced). You can take a nap waiting for my wife's Highlander hatch to open or close...

salt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW x3
Country flag
Hi all. Premium AWR ER Space White ordered 10/6/20. Production date 5/25/21. Email from FMC received 6/3/21:​
Your 2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium has been built – which means it won’t be long before you’re able to experience the thrill of driving!

Our current estimate for delivery to Hempstead Ford (Long Island,NY) is between July 17, 2021 and July 23, 2021. Hope is not a strategy, so I am planning on not getting the 5 month delay email next. :).
From someone who has a june build date, this is great news to hear. Thanks for chiming in.

bruceski88

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
CAUTION: OFF TOPIC!
I am having doubts that it is just inertia. The larger geometries have some benefits: lower cost, more durable, lower static power consumption, much cheaper fabs, more drive strength, less manufacturing defects (lower cost), much less electromigration and signal cross talk issues, etc. Autos have to survive years in harsh external weather conditions and shocks on the road. The design constraints are quite different. Here is a good summary I could find quickly. If there is no need to compute fast, older geometries are actually better.

https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2016/07/15/automotive-grade/

That 10 year is too low. Cars routinely last 20-30 years. Average age of cars is > 11 years in the USA.
Some of what you say is correct, some is true in some cases, and some is incorrect. Older technology fabs are cheaper because the machines are cheaper and written off. Power consumption continues to drop for the same functionality til at least 28nm. Drive strength is lower for older technology, this is one of the 2 advantages behind shrinking chip size. All semiconductors even back in 65nm days have larger transistors to interface with the outside world which often has a different power supply. Cost of an equivalent function is always higher on older tech. Having been involved with TSMC, absolute yield parity is reached in about 1 year. Nvidia almost designs chips to wearout. When I worked at Altera we designed chops for 40 years using the same fab and process as NVidia.

Mickey the T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium, SR, RWD, Infinite Blue
Country flag
Ford-Logo.png
bb5ede1df2b7b614aa0549306bdf1871.png
PCAV&angleNo=29&viewType=exterior&width=0&height=0.png
Dear Richard ,

Interestingly, I had the same build day, but our ETA is July 19-25. Quicker to ship to the east coast than the west?

dr.cal.fan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E, CMax Energi
Country flag
My mach e was built on 4/22, shipped on 4/26 and was estimated to be delivered between 5/30-6/5

I just got an email:

Your vehicle’s previous estimated delivery range of May 30, 2021 and June 5, 2021 has been updated to between October 25, 2021 and October 31, 2021.

Seriously? Did anyone get a similar email?
How would it take 6 months to just ship and deliver an already build car?? Does this mean there is an issue with the car?
I don't think I gonna keep waiting if it really will take that long

Update:
My dealer told me the delay is because of the chip shortage
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...r-for-my-built-mach-e.6587/page-5#post-184197
Yeah. I just got the email. Fortunately(?) my delay is only one month. Was the first week of June. Now it's the first week of July. Obviously bummed that I'm not picking it up this week as expected. But I guess it cold have been worse.

Last edited:

JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Haven't received any email but my delivery just got pushed from this week to July 21st. Although, to be honest, WTF does that date even mean anymore? It's the 6th time they've pushed it. So yeah, that date will mark OVER A YEAR since I converted a reservation into an order - if it even shows up. Absolute joke. I don't fault them for chip shortages (if that is it) I fault them for the shockingly bad communication. It's atrocious. If I could've got an Kia EV6 order this morning that might have been the end of it.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Probably the chip shortage is hitting Mach-es too. If it was Tesla, it would give you the car without the autopilot, cruise control or lumbar support you paid for to work around the missing chips.
Ford isn't that smart.
There hasn't been any indication of chip shortages impacting Mach Es so far.
Sponsored