DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
At the Mach-E preview event held at Encinitas Ford, the sales person I've been working with confirmed my build week of November 29 and said the EA week for people with that build week was the week of December 21st.

That's three weeks for SoCal. Quicker than I thought. Obviously it could change and obviously the delivery times would likely be different for different areas, but this might help give some idea of the delivery times after the build week.
Sponsored

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
That’s exactly what the dealership said to me this afternoon. Was there too.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Also said his two vehicles are being built now but expects them after OkTb date.

OP
OP

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
Also said his two vehicles are being built now but expects them after OkTb date.
You got more information than I did. If this is the case we might be able to get a demo drive before delivery. That would be nice.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
You got more information than I did. If this is the case we might be able to get a demo drive before delivery. That would be nice.
Hoping he is right ... he said they will email all order holders once the test drive units arrive.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
This was my dealer's guess ... based on the timelines of previous cars built at that same plant.

He thought it was *possible* the car might arrive week of Dec 28.

OP
OP

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
This was my dealer's guess ... based on the timelines of previous cars built at that same plant.

He thought it was *possible* the car might arrive week of Dec 28.
So three to four weeks to Michigan? That sounds reasonable.

That doesn't seem reasonable to me. Eight weeks? I could definitely see four. Maybe five.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
60 days seems too long to me too. When I have done this before with Ford it was a month.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
My dealer in NorCal said to expect 6-8 weeks... but that was several weeks ago so things may have changed. I have a build date the week before... hoping NorCal doesn’t add that much additional time, but who knows...

Blinkin

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 FoST
Country flag
"Build date" in this context isn't going to include stamping. Ford is almost certainly telling us the blend date, which is a (likely) target for the final assemble date (broadcast from paint to final). 60 days is a crazy slow delivery time in that context.

Edit: that is assuming OKTB. 60 days after build date is pretty plausible if it sits around waiting for quality checks for a while.

OP
OP

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
The reason it's called a "build week" is that is the week the vehicle gets built. So the issue isn't how long it will take to build. The issue is how long will it take to ship it from the factory to the dealer.

Seven weeks seems overly long to get to Oregon when it's estimated to take two weeks to get to CA. Now it wouldn't surprise me if it took three weeks to get to CA, but three isn't seven.

OP
OP

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
My dealer in NorCal said to expect 6-8 weeks... but that was several weeks ago so things may have changed. I have a build date the week before... hoping NorCal doesn’t add that much additional time, but who knows...
You should be able to track it once it's on the train. There used to be a web site for that. Even if there isn't your dealer can track it for you.

May be one of those "you can't get there from here" things but two weeks to SoCal and six-eight weeks to NorCal seems extreme. My guess is they told you six-eight to keep you from calling. LOL

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Build Date as listed in the Ford system is the final day of production. The day it drives under it's own power and parked outside. Start to finish.....about a week. My car took 9 calendar days I believe.
Sent to Plant is the day they start welding together the body shell.

1605787057608.png
Sponsored