Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
*CAUTION: Not recommended for install over vinyl stripes or clear bra type material.
I plan to use XPEL film, so I can't use this bracket if I do that? :confused:
Not a problem.
"This bracket will fit any car that has a space at least 3.5 inches wide and 1.5 inches deep of flat painted surface on the bumper cover to attach the mounting base to. Should be mounted on the center of the bumper cover. (see images for example)"

Take car and Craig's bracket to XPEL Installer. The installer can easily cut out the 1.5x3.5" part of the XPEL film under the center of the nose and instal the bracket in that spot. The only area not covered with XPEL will be covered with the bracket.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Not a problem.
"This bracket will fit any car that has a space at least 3.5 inches wide and 1.5 inches deep of flat painted surface on the bumper cover to attach the mounting base to. Should be mounted on the center of the bumper cover. (see images for example)"

Take car and Craig's bracket to XPEL Installer. The installer can easily cut out the 1.5x3.5" part of the XPEL film under the center of the nose and instal the bracket in that spot. The only area not covered with XPEL will be covered with the bracket.
I have now received a Craig's bracket.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I've recently noticed that most Tesla in my area don't have front plates even though it's the law.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
I've recently noticed that most Tesla in my area don't have front plates even though it's the law.
Ya think... I've actually been looking at this more and more and it's not just T****'s. I'm shocked at the number of cars and trucks that don't have them.

T_to the_A

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mustang V6 Red Candy Metallic, 2021 Mach-e Premuim AWD St Range Shadow Black
Occupation
I sell wine
Country flag
Completely agree!
I’ve been diligently ”surveying” them as I drive and when I see them parked. I’d say it’s about 20% at best. Also seems that the newer Model S appear to my eye to have them most frequently. I don’t think I’ve ever seen one on the front of any X.
I am going to take my chances and keep my plate in the trunk...er frunk. ?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
in Ohio we haven't needed the front plate since earlier this year - I know you're not in Ohio, just getting to a point here - and my gf had to order replacement plates; "they" arrived yesterday.

"they" is a lie because the BMV only sent one. I was initially surprised but duh why make and send two when you only need one?

Not sure what we're going to do with the front her of car. Probably fine a cute fake plate for fill the front holder since I don't think removing the holder is going to lead to a happy result.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
in Ohio we haven't needed the front plate since earlier this year - I know you're not in Ohio, just getting to a point here - and my gf had to order replacement plates; "they" arrived yesterday.

"they" is a lie because the BMV only sent one. I was initially surprised but duh why make and send two when you only need one?

Not sure what we're going to do with the front her of car. Probably fine a cute fake plate for fill the front holder since I don't think removing the holder is going to lead to a happy result.
My Fiesta came with the front plate bracket installed. We don't need them here, either. So I bought a "cute fake plate" from Etsy. Mine is the PEBKAC meme but represented in iconography instead of letters or words.

https://www.etsy.com/market/license_plates
Sponsored