Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
My Fiesta came with the front plate bracket installed. We don't need them here, either. So I bought a "cute fake plate" from Etsy. Mine is the PEBKAC meme but represented in iconography instead of letters or words.

https://www.etsy.com/market/license_plates
We haven't yet discussed this, but knowing her as I do, I can 100% guarantee it will be dog-related. Likely pitbull related.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Estimated Three Weeks From Build Week to Delivery Week 20201215_185953
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Plug a hole in the front bumper of a $60,000. car?

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
How many holes will need to be plugged if the Ford license plate bracket is removed? Has somebody that received their car already checked on that?

Ponypower50

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 CMax, 2021 Rapid Red Mach-E FE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Probably four, a good body shop could fill the holes and repaint area. The body shop at Rizza, does a great job matching the paint perfectly.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
By, this thread has NOT aged well. Back when we were young, naïve, and thought our cars would arrive in December, unadulterated and naked. ?
?yeah ... how naïve and young and innocent

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Yea, 3 weeks from now I'm looking at! :p

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
By, this thread has NOT aged well. Back when we were young, naïve, and thought our cars would arrive in December, unadulterated and naked. ?
I never believed the original post anyway. I believed the OP that this is what the dealer said but never believed the dealer's estimate.

OP
OP

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
I never believed the original post anyway. I believed the OP that this is what the dealer said but never believed the dealer's estimate.
This is definitely what the salesperson said and I definitely was not vouching for the accuracy of the forecast. Did I believe it? Well he was reading the expected delivery date off a sheet which looked official so, while I was quite surprised, what reason would there be not to believe it? ? Fact is, I didn't want delivery in December so I was hoping, and thought it was possible, that the delivery would be delayed by two or three weeks.

Have to say that when it was built a week or two late in early December I didn't expect either a mid-December or a February delivery!

I'm unsure if three weeks from build week will be reasonable even when production is in full swing. It's possible but not if it takes two weeks to get from the factory to Kansas City. Would have to be: one week to build (reasonable); one week to KC (no idea); one week from KC to dealer (reasonable).

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
Well he was reading the expected delivery date off a sheet which looked official so, while I was quite surprised, what reason would there be not to believe it? ?
When he read the expected delivery date off the sheet, where his lips moving, or stationary? If lips were moving, that would be an indication that it wasn't going to happen, but most of all, I am curious DBC if you have taken delivery now as of Feb 7?

OP
OP

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag
When he read the expected delivery date off the sheet, where his lips moving, or stationary? If lips were moving, that would be an indication that it wasn't going to happen, but most of all, I am curious DBC if you have taken delivery now as of Feb 7?
This is, at best a misguided comment. You know absolutely nothing about this person yet you feel free to call him a liar?

As background, there were many many people on this forum who thought that the first MME would be delivered at the beginning of December and that given my low order number the MME I ordered would certainly be here in December. I actually thought that was unlikely, and even wrote a post explaining why. Stated as succinctly as possible, it's difficult to schedule unexpected problems into a timeline.

At the time he gave me the ETA the MME I had ordered had a build week in November. So it wasn't crazy that it would arrive in the middle of December. But two weeks after he had given me the ETA, in response to an email in which I asked if this was still the schedule, he wrote:

"As of now it looks like the delivery date is still valid but, since they have not started shipping any of the Mach-E's, I am very sure that date will be pushed out to the middle of next month very soon."

The MME I ordered was in fact built at the beginning of December. Then it sat, along with others, for three weeks as Ford scrambled to come up with an alternative shipping plan after the initial plan was cancelled by COVID. Once this was in place, and the MME shipped at the end of December, Ford informed me that the ETA was the middle of January, an ETA which was right in line with his prediction from a month earlier.

Then the MME was caught, along with many others, for several weeks at the unscheduled QC check in Kansas City. It's now scheduled to arrive this coming week.

AFAIK he doesn't have a crystal ball. Perhaps you do. But I'm fine with what he told me. It was the best information available when he gave it to me, which IMO is all you can ask of someone.
Sponsored