EU Mach-E detects roadway construction, but not in the U.S.?

Bayviews88

First Name
Kenya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Rte1 RWD, Space White
Country flag
Check out this video that shows a MachE in adaptive cruise control mode picking up well construction signage and displaying a warning on the instrument panel. I have never seen this on my U.S. MACHE. Anyone know why we don’t have this functionality domestically? I can’t see that the European construction signage is possibly easier for the camera read than the U.S. MUTCD mandated orange and black standard.

Sponsored

Glen Boise

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The adaptive speed control does pick up lower speed limit signs used in construction zones. Construction ahead signs may be miles ahead of the actual construction site, so may not justify slowing you down.

OP
OP
Bayviews88

Bayviews88

First Name
Kenya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Rte1 RWD, Space White
Country flag
The adaptive speed control does pick up lower speed limit signs used in construction zones. Construction ahead signs may be miles ahead of the actual construction site, so may not justify slowing you down.
It only picks up the lower speed limit signs in a construction zone if they are using the traditional black on white speed limit signs. When the black on orange signs show the construction zone speed limit, my car doesn’t see the new .
I have noticed here in California that more construction projects are now using the traditional speed limit signs of construction zones, perhaps because of this issue with ACC equipped vehicles.

I was pointing out that the ACC in the EU also picks up the road construction alert, which is helpful to alert us drivers that traffic might be slowing down or the road week and figuration is changing as you are entering the construction zone. At least in California, these construction ahead signs are usually very close to the start of roadway changes due to construction.
Sponsored