JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I know the iRR isn't the heating. I meant the picture next to the iRR on there. It looks like a defrost icon. Why else would this be printed on the windshield?
Ah got it...not sure but may be its indicating that the glass can get hot with defrost process and that wipers can move potentially hurting you if not careful? Speculating
Sponsored

Blanked

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE , 2003 Ford Excursion EB 4x4
Country flag
I'm willing to bet it comes down to some U.S. DoT law about forward vision obstruction. Those lines, while nearly invisible, probably break some regulation somewhere that states that the front windshield must be completely clear and free of any modifications or obstructions.
Our Land Rover Discovery Sport has this type of Heat Wiring. So not a DOT issue

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
US Ford Products had heated windshields 35 years ago - the original Ford Taurus / Mercury Sable debuted with them. For some reason, Ford has decided that the North American market is no longer "worthy" of a heated windshield. :mad:

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I actually was just wondering about this last night. I noticed this logo on the glass at the bottom next to the iRR, and wondered if that meant it had defrosters in it?

20210222_121116.jpg
This is known as the heated wiper park. Where the wipers sit has a defroster grid. Ford has put it on a bunch of US vehicles over the years. Keeps them from getting stuck with ice.

I noticed after turning my MME on today and hitting the climate that a heated windshield button briefly appeared....too bad we can't use it! Here's that picture and info on the heated wiper park.
Ford Mustang Mach-E European Mach-E has heated front windshield confirmed IMG_1816

Ford Mustang Mach-E European Mach-E has heated front windshield confirmed Screen Shot 2021-03-12 at 10.38.42 AM

The mach e doesn't have an FCIM so I'm not sure why they'd say that. Also I don't think you can turn the heated wiper park on itself. I think it is all automatic with defrosters.

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
We have it on our Defender, and love it. I do wish it was more available.

However, my co-worker had it in his Jaguar, and had to take his vehicle back for one without. It messed with his vision and made me sick. He said his eyes constantly tried to focus on the lines, had motion sickness I suppose.

sim123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME
Just joined the Mach E revolution. Have to say the lines are quite annoying. Hopefully will get used to them!
Sponsored