EV Charger Federal credit for 2022

Avelli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E91 6MT RWD, 22 MME GT
Country flag
And BTW it’s never a good idea to go on a public forum and explain to everyone why you are doing something illegally and why it is not tax fraud.

Trying to fit a square peg in a round hole just doesn’t work.
"IS YOU TAKING NOTES ON A CRIMINAL CONSPIRACY?"
Sponsored

Socalsp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Mach E
Country flag
There's a difference between the letter and the spirit of the law...and this is a perfect example of that.
Claiming your assets are worth less than fair market value for tax purposes, then claiming they're worth more for insurance & credit evaluations is absolutely fraud.
Claiming you have a an 'in service' charging station that is in fact, in service is a whole different ball of wax than claiming you have an 'in service' charging station that doesn't exist.

I've also seen people post they're overstating the installed charger cost to take advantage of the full $1,000...which is fraud, and that has a substantially higher change of raising a flag.

And how would it even be audited what qualifies as the 'in service date?' The IRS doesn't know, nor are they experts. Maybe it goes by the permit approval date. But what if your local authority doesn't require permitting?0 Is the IRS going to evaluate your site and based on their observations rule what is deemed as 'in service'? What's their time worth to check $200?
I know they don't check our charitable contributions, or the clothing we donated. Hell, when you donate clothing, you actually get to fill out what the fair market value is for tax purposes - who's checking that?

And if after all of that you're really concerned this will bring up a flag and be audited...AND ruled as, AND pursued as "tax fraud"...what do you really think the penalty is? Is it a revision needed, is it a penalty, penalty with interest, or jail time? This has such a low probability of even being looked at for more than a second vs. what real, true, black and white tax fraud is - I can't believe this is even being brought up as a potential issue.
Right I bet these guys never drove above the speed limit in their lives ;)
Sponsored