EV tax credits in Build Back Better Act - income limit?

Triggerhappy007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium VB & 22 Select GB
Country flag
For someone making $millions I think you are right. But for a household making $500-$1mn that loss of the $7500 could make a difference.
I wished I had this problem.

Joking aside, a family making $500k-$1m a year should not have a problem if $7500 makes a difference.
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag

Joking aside, a family making $500k-$1m a year should not have a problem if $7500 makes a difference.
Not sure where the illusion that rich people don’t care about money came from.

You don’t get, nor stay rich wasting money.

Some of the richest people I know are also the cheapest.

Triggerhappy007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not sure where the illusion that rich people don’t care about money came from.

You don’t get, nor stay rich wasting money.

Some of the richest people I know are also the cheapest.
I didn't say rich people didn't care about money.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Remember this, it’s usually not how much money you make but how much you spend. I’ve seen a lot of people make a lot of money and don’t have much saved.

Triggerhappy007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What were you saying then? It seems that was what you were implying but I may have read it wrong.
Kenneth above knew what I was saying. OP has a spending problem if $7500 of a $500k+ annual income makes a difference.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Kenneth above knew what I was saying. OP has a spending problem if $7500 of a $500k+ annual income makes a difference.

I think it still does (makes a difference), but I don't consider/nor feel rich/nor am rich and penny pinch so what do I know.

That $500k annual income is really "only" a $250k income after taxes in high tax states (CA/NY). A lot of wealthier people also live in wealthier locales where some would say, "basic" housing can cost $1.5 million+ (Bay Area) because who wants to live in a non house or even a place with 1 bathroom with 2 daughters? That's just embarrassing right? Schools are also a big factor for home buyers so good schools = high price.

I feel the majority of moderately rich people are pretty miserly (esp folks with families...remember, Harvard nor Stanford/any college is cheap). Multi billionaires may value their time more than a measely $7.5k, but most people aren't multi-billionaires and skipping out on the tax credit "feels" to me (and them I think) at least, a waste.

I have family in TX and their housing hasn't moved an inch really (too much land, little NIMBY building resistance)...Over 10 years, it's up < 50%. Look up places in CA and it's 200-300% with, much larger numbers to start (~$3 mil for ~1700 sqft place in Cupertino i see).

Triggerhappy007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have family in TX and their housing hasn't moved an inch really (too much land, little NIMBY building resistance)...Over 10 years, it's up < 50%. Look up places in CA and it's 200-300% with, much larger numbers to start (~$3 mil for ~1700 sqft place in Cupertino i see).
That may be in the country, but in the metropolitan area, housing prices went up about 100% in the last 10 years.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Gotcha. Now that I understand what you’re saying, I still disagree.
Sponsored