Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
This is my second attempt at installing the 3D printed charge port door limiter. I tore the ears off last time trying to fandangle it into place.

Does anyone have advice on popping the outer door off, to gain more access? Im not sure how it releases? Thanks.

Ford Mustang Mach-E EV Vida Chargeport Dent Protector ED16230B-5A4C-46BE-9C7A-3273BBA5F86C
Sponsored

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
I used channel locks to squeeze mine tight.

Of course I'm probably using different ones? I got mine in Aug '21 don't remember the name right off.

EDIT: found it, the JawsTec version.

Last edited:

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I cut about 35-40% off of one of the “ears” (IIRC, the top one) because my car had an excess of sprue in the gap and it was easier to cut than to shave to make it fit. I still needed to squeeze everything together and now it doesn’t want to come apart without a bunch of persuasion. 😊🐩

SFT-NY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E (ordered)
Country flag
EV Vida version broke as tried to install. Threw away.

OP
OP
MachEMaster

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Country flag
EV Vida version broke as tried to install. Threw away.
My 2nd EV Vida broke as well. I even removed the charge port door for more access. I tore the bottom "ear" off trying to install. I just left it in place hanging by the top ear. It's such thin material, and such a tight tolerance, I would love to see a video of someone pulling off the install!

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
This is my second attempt at installing the 3D printed charge port door limiter. I tore the ears off last time trying to fandangle it into place.

Does anyone have advice on popping the outer door off, to gain more access? Im not sure how it releases? Thanks.

Ford Mustang Mach-E EV Vida Chargeport Dent Protector ED16230B-5A4C-46BE-9C7A-3273BBA5F86C
To pop off the outer door is easy: look for the black horizontal detent smack on the inside center of the outer door cover. When you move the detent, you can slide the door cover off.

OP
OP
MachEMaster

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Country flag
To pop off the outer door is easy: look for the black horizontal detent smack on the inside center of the outer door cover. When you move the detent, you can slide the door cover off.
I wrecked the 2nd one, even with the door removed. Lol

hopingforaponyin2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE GT on order
Country flag
I used channel locks to squeeze mine tight.

Of course I'm probably using different ones? I got mine in Aug '21 don't remember the name right off.

The JawsTec version is incredible. Its made of a fleixble TPU material that is more pliable.
I installed it on my 2023 GT as well. and also used Channel Locks to squeeze the wings in.

OP
OP
MachEMaster

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Country flag
The JawsTec version is incredible. Its made of a fleixble TPU material that is more pliable.
I installed it on my 2023 GT as well. and also used Channel Locks to squeeze the wings in.
I will buy the JawsTec version next time.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
My 2nd EV Vida broke as well. I even removed the charge port door for more access. I tore the bottom "ear" off trying to install. I just left it in place hanging by the top ear. It's such thin material, and such a tight tolerance, I would love to see a video of someone pulling off the install!
The prior post had a link to the thread that shows how to install. That's how I installed mine JawsTec version too.

Or here's another:

OP
OP
MachEMaster

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Country flag
By
The prior post had a link to the thread that shows how to install. That's how I installed mine JawsTec version too.

Or here's another:
It appears the JawsTec version is a more pliable, forgiving plastic 3D printer filament than what EV Vida is using.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Forgive my ignorance, what exactly is this needed for??? I looked at my stock charge port door and I have no idea why this is even a thing.
It can be easy to accidentally push the charge port door further than it goes and it makes it dent in the body if you do that hard enough, this stops that completely

RedOctobrrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
It can be easy to accidentally push the charge port door further than it goes and it makes it dent in the body if you do that hard enough, this stops that completely
Thanks, so this is when closing the charge port door? Or pushing it in to release it and open?
Sponsored