Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
File to the ‘Thanks again Sunc4’
Car sat for about 15 hours, 4.1.3, walk up, push door button twice, door actually opened, got in and saw.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Every day can be a new adventure in your MME 7379C111-16F4-4F49-A87D-55D3EF3C0DDB

So I started the car, never changed, shut down and Opened the door again, nothing.
start the car and do the Sunc4 MME shuffle. Display comes back up. Guest mode. Enjoy your drive random person behind wheel again.
Sponsored

Rich_Maine

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Toyota Prius Prime
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Car sat for about 15 hours, 4.1.3, walk up, push door button twice, door actually opened, got in and saw.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Every day can be a new adventure in your MME 7379C111-16F4-4F49-A87D-55D3EF3C0DDB

So I started the car, never changed, shut down and Opened the door again, nothing.
start the car and do the Sunc4 MME shuffle. Display comes back up. Guest mode. Enjoy your drive random person behind wheel again.

This car is the most loved and most despised car I have ever known in 50 years! I have anxiety wondering if today is the day I get stranded by battery connectors or simply surprised by another software bug! Considering all possible replacement options and weighing financial hit. Never another Ford.

OP
OP
azerik

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
The extreme love hate I have going with this car is truly insane. I've driven Focus EV's for a decade, and while they have a number of little glitches I fully expected things to be improved, for the price, for the time, and for the money. But What it appears to be is a ton of RasperryPI's running the car connected to a Microsoft system written by 6 developers each in a different country drunk at a different time of day. Not exactly the improvement I was looking for.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Every day can be a new adventure in your MME Screenshot 2023-02-14 at 8.40.12 AM

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag

welll, a couple months ago.... after my HVBJB was replaced and modules updated, I turned off both MME auto update, and did NOT update phone FordPass version. Everything is still working just great, no changes, no surprises.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
7379C111-16F4-4F49-A87D-55D3EF3C0DDB.jpeg

12V battery is low from the OTA, drive it around for a while to charge it back up and your profile might work the next time you start the car. Minor disruptions after OTAs are kinda expected.

OP
OP
azerik

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
I turned off the auto update stuff as well. Don't bother with Go times either. I've tried thinning down would could go wrong as much as possible. I won't even bother with PAAK as it's the can o worms I know to avoid. My door modules need reprogrammed, other modules need updated as well. It's going to the dealer next week. Which I'm sure if going to be met with a whole lot of pushback. Even though my fix it list if broken down into 'Fix this' and 'Fix this if you can, and have time'. This power down thing is the first I've seen and expect them to say the same.

That said, this car was supposed to replace my last FFE which is driving me nuts by requiring a once a week revoot of Sync3 (which is actually pull the 12v battery, I have a dedicated 13mm wrench in the door of a 11 yr old car for that reason).

So I guess that's an improvement. I can now reboot sync via buttons whilst driving!
Ford Mustang Mach-E Every day can be a new adventure in your MME Screenshot 2023-02-14 at 8.53.02 AM

OP
OP
azerik

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
12V battery is low from the OTA, drive it around for a while to charge it back up and your profile might work the next time you start the car. Minor disruptions after OTAs are kinda expected.
The OTA was last week on the 8th and auto updates are disabled. But I hadn't driven it Saturday, and only a short trip to the ER Sunday (3/4 mile down the road). If anything I'm wondering if the sudden 80 degrees to 50's for a high might have zapped it as it wasn't plugged into the L2 because my other was.

Rich_Maine

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Toyota Prius Prime
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The extreme love hate I have going with this car is truly insane. I've driven Focus EV's for a decade, and while they have a number of little glitches I fully expected things to be improved, for the price, for the time, and for the money. But What it appears to be is a ton of RasperryPI's running the car connected to a Microsoft system written by 6 developers each in a different country drunk at a different time of day. Not exactly the improvement I was looking for.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Every day can be a new adventure in your MME Screenshot 2023-02-14 at 8.53.02 AM
So funny....I owned chevy volt 2017 for 5 years. Only saw dealer for oil changes. And it wasn't an expensive car. I expected so much more for Ford..

OP
OP
azerik

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
If it is 12v related does the MME trigger a low 12v warning in the app? FordMobile would, but it forgot to send it before the battery died, so when you put in a new battery it's hit you with 2 or 3 "Low 12 v battery"

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
If it is 12v related does the MME trigger a low 12v warning in the app? FordMobile would, but it forgot to send it before the battery died, so when you put in a new battery it's hit you with 2 or 3 "Low 12 v battery"
If it gets too low while off you'll get a service 12V battery message in FordPass, but if it gets low while the car is on, it won't always generate a message and will just go into load shed mode which is the screen you see there.

Avoid using accessory mode (green light flashing). Car might not be driven enough.

For more info on drain causes and recharging the 12V, see my topic: How to Recondition/Service Your 12V Battery

OP
OP
azerik

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
I used to sit in ACC for 45 min or so waiting for my kids class to get done but now just leave the car on as it pretty much doesn't cost to have it running with the climate off. I started doing that once I found that the DRL's turn off in park.

axelheimer24

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22’ MME Premium ER eAWD Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
I got that screen quite a bit when I first bought my car a few months ago. Long drives and/or charging didn’t do the trick. The dealer said I had a bad 12v battery and replaced it. No issues since.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I used to sit in ACC for 45 min or so waiting for my kids class to get done but now just leave the car on as it pretty much doesn't cost to have it running with the climate off. I started doing that once I found that the DRL's turn off in park.
Yeah don't do that. ACC drains the 12V battery. Just leave it on.

superdave80

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select SR RWD
Country flag
"Please turn the vehicle off or on"???

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it already in one of those two states? Who the eff programs these things?

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
"Please turn the vehicle off or on"???

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it already in one of those two states? Who the eff programs these things?
No, it's in accessory mode (green light flashing) which doesn't charge the 12V. It's saying either start the car so the 12V can recharge, or turn it off completely to stop draining it. Honestly they should get rid of accessory mode but it's an ICE holdover.
Sponsored